Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:30 am 

I think Lars Von Trier should just stick to making bad home movies... :P<br><br>Image<br><br><br>IB ;D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:46 am 

I accidentally watched 30 seconds of Crossroads (the BS version) when it was aired a couple of days ago. Big mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:17 am 

I was forced to watch "Alien vs. Predator" a while ago. What a piece of shit, no redeeming qualities whatsoever.<br><br>Image<br><br>"Worst movie.. ever. Rest assured I was on the internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:55 am 

Worst movie ever of the ones I've seen? Prolly What Dreams May Come. My sister took me and some friends there for a party (her 6666th day). She walked out along with a few others. I stayed, because I paid for my ticket, she got it for free.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:00 am 

This turkey sucks, big time.<br><br>Image<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:16 pm 

Anything with Janene Garafolo!!! >:( >:( >:(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:54 pm 

I was forced to watch The Dukes Of Hazzard.  I think it is one of the worst movies ever made and I actually felt dumber after watching that piece of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:08 pm 
Banned

Graham wrote:
This turkey sucks, big time.

What, are you kidding me? I love that movie--it's one of the best releases of recent peroid.

"...big bitch bug."

8)

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:29 pm 

I'm actually in agreement with Isaac about a recent movie--Intolerable Cruelty. Just plain intolerable is more like it. There were a few moments of The Ladykillers that I liked, but yet again, I agree with Isaac. Pure poo of the highest order...or is that odor?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:01 pm 
Banned

If you ever get a chance to see "House of the Dead," DON'T. It's astounding that crap like this can get released, but, in a way, it's comforting to know that ANYONE can go out and get their films made, no matter how untalented they are. And since I'm more talented than these idiots, the fact that these awful movies get made and released lets me know that I could have a career in filmmaking.

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:40 pm 

[quote author=aquabot link=board=tv-film;num=1137497408;start=0#12 date=01/18/06 at 02:35:49]Who made this movie?[/quote]<br><br>Uwe 'The Toilet' Boll, a German producer and director who has become infamous in recent years for making shit-tastic film renditions of video games, which have little or nothing (usually the latter) in common with the original games themselves, aside from character or location names.<br><br>Take a look at Alone in the Dark.<br><br>The original game?<br>[img width=250 height=360]http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8916/alone1g0js.jpg[/img]<br>An adventure/action game set in Louisiana in the 1920s, you must investigate the mysterious death of an elderly man named Jeremy Hartwood, who was found hung in his attic in his mansion, the Derceto, in an apparent suicide. You play as either Edward Carnby, a mustachioed detective, or Hartwood's niece, Emily. H.P. Lovecraft-inspired survival horror. There were three sequels to the game, the first two in which star this same Carnby.<br><br>The movie?<br>[img width=250 height=360]http://www.alone-in-the-dark.com/assets/aid030205.jpg[/img]<br>21st century task force action/horror. The protagonist is a detective named Edward Carnby.<br><br>This was supposed to be a followup to the storyline of the fourth Alone in the Dark game, which is at least better than if were an entirely 'original' script written by some interns at a film house who were given a few character names to use.<br><br>Personally, I'd rather watch a faithful rendition of the first game. Directed by someone qualified to direct horror, of course.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:17 pm 
Banned

As far as films go, it's better in quality than "Reefer Madness," or the works of Dwain Esper, but it isn't nearly as entertaining as "Reefer Madness." Some of the acting's pretty hilarious, though! :twisted:

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:41 pm 

[quote author=BBP link=board=tv-film;num=1137497408;start=0#4 date=01/17/06 at 08:55:10]Worst movie ever of the ones I've seen? Prolly What Dreams May Come.[/quote]<br>I consider that to be in my Top 10 worst, too. I was shocked at how bad it was. And I love Ed Wood films.<br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:27 pm 

Daddy Daycare. Gave it a look, and was aghast. Shit would be insulted to be compared to this movie. Remeber when Eddie Murphy was, like, funny?<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:06 pm 
Banned

BBP wrote:
Worst movie ever of the ones I've seen? Prolly What Dreams May Come.

Frunobulax19 wrote:
I consider that to be in my Top 10 worst, too. I was shocked at how bad it was. And I love Ed Wood films.

Oh, man, what an awful movie. Unfortunately, I've seen it, too. Ugh. :|

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:54 am 

[quote author=BBP link=board=tv-film;num=1137497408;start=0#2 date=01/17/06 at 06:46:52]I accidentally watched 30 seconds of Crossroads (the BS version) when it was aired a couple of days ago. Big mistake. [/quote]<br><br>did you think it was the version with little stevie vai. although a crappy movie i cholke my way through it because of the music

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:36 am 

You liked the Crossroads music? It won a Razzie for worst original song (I'm not a girl, not yet a woman). You wonder why someone who wails like that starts a singing career.<br><br>Two days ago, I saw Tomorrow Never Dies. Nearly fell asleep. Plus it has the second-worst Bond theme.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:46 am 

[quote author=BBP link=board=tv-film;num=1137497408;start=15#19 date=03/08/06 at 09:36:06]You liked the Crossroads music? It won a Razzie for worst original song (I'm not a girl, not yet a woman). You wonder why someone who wails like that starts a singing career.<br><br>Two days ago, I saw Tomorrow Never Dies. Nearly fell asleep. Plus it has the second-worst Bond theme.[/quote]<br><br>the 1986 version with steve vai, and ry cooder doing the blues music writing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:56 am 

Couldn't stand Crossroads... seeing the Karate Kid beat Steve Vai... I fucking hate the Karate Kid! The guitar soloing is fantastic, as is most of the music.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:02 am 

What bothers me the most about the Crossroads film is that most of Macchio's guitar playing is obviously faked or sped up, and to me that's a big no-no in a music movie. Play slide guitar with a vibrato like that, and it will come off sounding like a cat being strangled.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:50 am 

True, it disturbed me. Though it's kinda funny seeing how he tries to keep up with Steve's soloing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next