Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Remington Electric Razor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:47 am 

Probably one of the best boots I've come across, sections of which featured in YCDTOSA (including the unedited version of Dickie's such an asshole), however as far as I know there is no official release of this choice little number featuring Linda Ronstadt.  I've often wondered if Frank commissioned this boot himself given that the legal issues around the song subject & Linda's involvement would be a nightmare.  Anyway, this is about wishes so this is mine.  Also features a nice version of "Night Owl".<br><br>Remington Electric Razor<br>Cleans you, thrills you, may even stop you getting busted!<br><br>SD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:27 pm 

That album IS a real treat!<br><br>It is probably the only Zappa bootleg that is a total mystery to Zappa collectors. <br><br>Everything on it is unique, and has not been bootlegged before or since...it didn't even circulate on cassette!<br><br>In other words, it contains soundboard songs from concerts that haven't surfaced at all as soundboards, and stuff that later appeared on YCTOSA in the same edits/mixes!<br><br>This leads one to believe that "Remington Electric Razor" was bootlegged from a project that Frank was working on (an eaarly draft of YCDTOSA?), and that a tape somehow wandered away from UMRK.<br><br>It's a really intriguing disc...one of my most prized bootlegs!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:36 pm 

*including the unedited version of Dickie's such an asshole*<br><br>This isn't true: the solo's have been edited out

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:08 am 

I've downloaded only the R.E.R. commercial from the net a long time ago. It was a nice little tune resembling the constant buzzing of the electric razor itself, guaranteed to stay in mind. Does the bootleg contain this commercial and maybe other commercials as well? And do you know any site which has the bootlegs for sale and would ship abroad?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:46 am 

It does contain the RER commercial. No other commercials though, just some live songs and studio outtakes. Anyway, here's the full track list:<br><br>http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85821131/bootlegs/studio_oddities.html#remingtonelectricrazor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:21 am 

Was RER a commercial for radio or for TV??? ANd what about the Snorcking song on Lost ¬†Episodes  (Big Squeeze?)? I wish to see those videos if they exist...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:59 am 

I don't know about the Razor commercial, but "Big Squeeze" was made for an animated television commercial, according to the Lost Episodes booklet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:59 am 

I wonder why RER never made the Lost Episodes, I mean if he got Punky's Whips out........ :o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:47 pm 

officer dick butzis