Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:20 am 

I'm sitting at school, bored, so I figured I would start this somewhat pointless thread.<br><br>If the ZFT family starts a subscription plan, I would recommend they do as follows.<br><br>1. Set up a better shipping program (It's Two weeks and I still don't have Joe's Domage).<br><br>2.  Put out 6 Zappa releases a year<br>a) 2 complete concerts<br>b) 1 DVD<br>c) 1 DVD-A or SACD (I only include this option because they seem set on releasing more DVD-A stuff).<br>d) 2 Joe's Corsage Type Releases<br><br>3. Start their own downloading site for lesser to poor sounding stuff that only obsessive type fans like me will want (I'm not implying that Joe's Domage would fall under this category because I haven't heard it yet.  I, of course, am looking forward to the Domage).<br><br>4.  If they are planning on re-releasing some of Zappa's catalog on DVD-A, they should include extras like the videos from the "Halloween" DVD.  Otherwise, I think re-releasing the catalogue is a bit pointless.  Most of the Ryko releases sound fine.  I'll be buying the re-releases no doubt, but I think most people will pass if there is no new material on these releases.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:30 am 

Would be a good idea if it ever came to be

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:59 am 

You're talking more than $100/month with your suggestion. Kind of leaves the youngsters away. It will eat too much into their beer money.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:02 am 

[quote author=Bill link=board=wishList;num=1097788821;start=0#2 date=11/05/04 at 11:59:15]You're talking more than $100/month with your suggestion. Kind of leaves the youngsters away. It will eat too much into their beer money. [/quote]<br>I understand it will be a program that will cost 100 bucks a year. I believe it is supposed to be 6 a year. Much like the King Crimson sight.  No mention of the formats.<br>  We've been waiting a long time, can't wait!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:48 am 

[quote author=Bill link=board=wishList;num=1097788821;start=0#2 date=11/05/04 at 11:59:15]You're talking more than $100/month with your suggestion. Kind of leaves the youngsters away. It will eat too much into their beer money. [/quote]<br><br><br>Bill, that doesn't add up.  6 releases a year, assuming no discount and an average price of $20 per release, would only be $120 per year or $10 per month.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:49 am 

[quote author=trendm0nger link=board=wishList;num=1097788821;start=0#3 date=11/06/04 at 07:02:41]<br>I understand it will be a program that will cost 100 bucks a year. I believe it is supposed to be 6 a year. Much like the King Crimson sight.  No mention of the formats.<br>  We've been waiting a long time, can't wait!![/quote]<br><br>Oops, you're right. $100/year.<br>I wouldn't mind $100/month though just to clean out the vaults.  ;D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:26 am 

I'm thinking about this subscription plan.  Odds are I won't have the money, and I'll be missing a lot of Zappa, and then I'll be pissed.  I'm 16, don't have a job and occasionally I'll get $20 bucksa week, and my Mom was just laid off, money doesn't come as easy.  I don't want to miss out on any Zappa, hope it'll turn out fine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:34 am 

[quote author=fatherofinvention link=board=wishList;num=1097788821;start=0#6 date=11/18/04 at 13:26:59]I'm thinking about this subscription plan.  Odds are I won't have the money, and I'll be missing a lot of Zappa, and then I'll be pissed.  I'm 16, don't have a job and occasionally I'll get $20 bucksa week, and my Mom was just laid off, money doesn't come as easy.  I don't want to miss out on any Zappa, hope it'll turn out fine.[/quote]<br><br>Are you unable or prevented from getting or holding a job?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:22 am 

I'll be looking around for jobs this weekend.  When is the subscription supposed to start?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:03 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:14 pm 

Hi,

With one issue ... you really want to study your business plan, because you did not consider the costs involved in this and who gets paid ... I take it you will be there volunteering your time for free to wrap things up and then take them to the Post Office?

I might not actually mind that idea to be honest with you, but Pam won't be there for me to have some fun with and play my dope card with her ... so she doesn't have to talk about it in her memoirs like everything else! So it won't be worth while at all for me!

They already sell their own ... but I'm not sure they are selling enough because they are limiting their audience to an age'ing and falling off the earth group of people that in many ways ... don't even care anymore ... and until someone that has more appreciation for the music than just the rock'n'roll idol thing, I'm not sure they can improve anything.

But I hope it goes well for them ... but not sure they can afford much at this time and I would imagine that sooner or later we gonna see stuff being sold, because they have to pay rent ... and that is going to be a sad day in my life, or death!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:21 am 

I'd subscibe to such plan for up to $30/month if with each shipment I'd have some exclusive items. Like limited edition (e.g. serial coded for subscibers-only and released in limited quantities) poster or postcard or something else. Even specially made CD/DVD case would work. The point is to make the susbcription "special" and collection-wise worth the buck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:07 am 

Keep holding yer breath