Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:21 pm 

Formerly ZAPPA MEMORABILIA UNCENSORED My wish: To allow the members of the Zappa Forum community the freedom to post, at will, any type of FZ related memorabilia they feel compelled to share. I invite your comments, pix, tix stubs, set lists, articles, stickers, buttons, etc......Let's have some fun. :o

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:23 pm 

9 February 1988The Warner Theatre Washington DC
Image10 February 1988 The Warner Theatre Washington DC
I procured these prized possessions from the last tour, Broadway the Hard Way. I waited patiently at the stage door for several hours, both nights, to have them autographed by Frank. If you look closely, you can see Ike's signature on the back of February 9th. I'm pretty certain that the ** indicates a guitar solo I'm so happy to finally be able to share these with the world!

:D

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:28 pm 

blank

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:37 pm 

My FZ Button Collection
I scanned these many years ago. I guess I slipped the Elvis Costello button in there because I met him and have his autograph too. Never mind all that. :-*daisy

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:40 pm 

A Few Ticket Stubs From Daisy's Bottom Drawer

:o

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:44 pm 

My first Cal Schenkel Original

My friend Jill decided that she wanted to wow me with a fantastic 30th birthday present. She contacted Cal Schenkel and worked out a deal to commission him to design a piece of his artwerk, of my choosing. I am very fond of the One Size Fits All album and it's cover art, so I decided to have him paint that for me. I am still working on having the painting photographed and hosted so I can share it with you, but in the meantime, here is the certificate that was presented to me on my birthday. It took him two years to paint it, so if you have any thoughts of doing this yourself, be patient with the man. Rome wasn't built in a day. As the certificate states, be sure of what you wish for, for wishes do come true! :-*

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:48 pm 

and another....and another...

As you know, Frank Zappa made it possible for many of us to register to vote at his shows. I took advantage of the opportunity and when I was finished, a reporter from the Baltimore Sun stopped to interview me, see article.
So, who can answer the Trivial Pursuit question? ::)

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:07 pm 

Hey there, Daisy Girl....enjoy your memorabilia, but why did you move it? Was it your idea or were you "volunteered" Jes' askin..Dovey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:50 am 

Billy, you guessed kinda right. Actually, the official answer to the FZ FU Trivial Pursuit Question is oral sex. However, let's not leave out the all important, cunnilingus! ;)daisyIt was the Trivial Pursuit question and the subsequent answers/replies that caused me to want to create the new topic Zappa Memorablila Uncensored. It is Unica's desire to keep a "clean" area for Zappa Memorabilia. It was not my intent to start a conversation about oral sex in his thread, it just happened that way. Unica wasn't happy and wrote to me about his dissonance. Finding unexpected not so pleasant messages in my mailbox takes the fun out it for me. I want members to be able to converse about what gets posted, regardless of the content.  I thought it would be better to create another area where members, like myself, could post freely, without fear of being chastised for the replies that the posts may create. I respect Unica's desire to keep a clean scrap book of Zappa Memorabilia and this is my solution. So, if you want to share a topic or a picture that might create responses that would be deemed un-clean, I'm inviting you to post it here instead. That way, we're all happy campers!
daisy

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:01 am 

[quote author=debutante daisy link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=0#9 date=03/20/04 at 06:50:57]<br><br>It was the Trivial Pursuit question and the subsequent answers/replies that caused me to want to create the new topic Zappa Memorablila Uncensored. It is Unica's desire to keep a "clean" area for Zappa Memorabilia. It was not my intent to start a conversation about oral sex in his thread, it just happened that way. Unica wasn't happy and wrote to me about his dissonance. Finding unexpected not so pleasant messages in my mailbox takes the fun out it for me. I want members to be able to converse about what gets posted, regardless of the content.  I thought it would be better to create another area where members, like myself, could post freely, without fear of being chastised for the replies that the posts may create. I respect Unica's desire to keep a clean scrap book of Zappa Memorabilia and this is my solution.<br><br>So, if you want to share a topic or a picture that might create responses that would be deemed un-clean, I'm inviting you to post it here instead. That way, we're all happy campers!<br><br> ;Ddaisy<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Mmmmm..... ???.The thread began by Unica is certainly particular and has a sort of "role" in this Forum.<br>However, I was not aware that one is the "owner" of a thread. ??? ??? ???<br>And I don't understand the reactions for cunnilingus: Frank very very often spoken about blow-jobs and I am sure he was not against cunnilingus.<br><br>Anyway, your new thread clarifies everything.<br> :-*<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:57 am 

[quote author=unica link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=0#11 date=03/20/04 at 07:12:48]<br><br><br>I only wants to make a nice topic for you to look at, I have nothing against sex at all. I am not a owner of a thread at all, in the beginning of my topic you can read that I want everybody to share pictures etc. with Zappa fans all over the world. What I wanted to say is that I want to create a wonderful picture book without nonsense replies. You can see on other topics that many replies does not make sense and kill a topic. If you want to ruin my topic go ahead I should say, but if it does it is not my fault. I am a zappa fan for over 30 years and allways will be! :P<br><br>I hope to go on like I allways did and that Daisy also have succes with her topic. ;D<br><br>ZAPPA IS THE BEST AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!![/quote]<br><br>I agree with you about Zappa, of course.<br>And I also thank you for the splendid work you do with "Memorabilia", which is more than useful for everybody. :) :)<br>But don't you think that documents which Debutante Daisy has now put in this new thread would have a room in Memorabilia ? After all, if you want to create a wondeful picture book on Zappa some of the Deb's pics have a historical value (e.g. the lists of songs to play in the shows) and it would be better to have them in a single thread, "Memorabilia".<br><br>As usual, this is only my personal opinion. 8)<br>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:15 am 

I agree, you know I am dutch, so maybe she did not understood my english well enough. I have never said that she had to remove her setlist and memorabilia stuff...it was wonderful and I was happy with that....but then only stupid replies came about things that did not make sense at all....so she removed them herself. It would have been better if she had left them on the REAL Zappa memorabilia. ?:PUnica, I understood you just fine and I thought I made it pretty clear that I'm not trying to disrepect you in any way or start a war. To clarify to the world, Unica did not ask me to take my stuff off the thread he created; I did that on my own. My wish is to carve out an alternative home for people who want to share their memoirs and possibly have conversations about their posts, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Who is the authority on what makes sense, and what doesn't? i.e. I posted an actual Zappa related Trivial Pursuit card and a few people wrote back answering the question, which happened to be about oral sex then all of a sudden I am getting flack for it.  How that fit into the "senseless" category, I don't know? The crux of the biscuit is that there should be a place in The Forum where it doesn't matter. What better way to start a new area than with the stuff you already own? Hell, I should have left it in both places. One place for as an ongoing scrap book the other to talk about it til your blue in the face.-- Double the pleasure! What's done is done but at least now we know what the expectations are. :-Xdaisy

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:00 pm 

You're very welcome Broccoli. Finally somewhere I can place it for someone else to enjoy. ??? this is a fine example of a senseless reply, but oh well. stupid is as stupid does!

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:55 am 

[quote author=debutante daisy link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=0#12 date=03/20/04 at 09:15:50]<br><br>Unica, I understood you just fine and I thought I made it pretty clear that I'm not trying to disrepect you in any way or start a war. To clarify to the world, Unica did not ask me to take my stuff off the thread he created; I did that on my own. My wish is to carve out an alternative home for people who want to share their memoirs and possibly have conversations about their posts, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Who is the authority on what makes sense, and what doesn't?<br><br>i.e. I posted an actual Zappa related Trivial Pursuit card and a few people wrote back answering the question, which happened to be about oral sex then all of a sudden I am getting flack for it.  How that fit into the "senseless" category, I don't know? The crux of the biscuit is that there should be a place in The Forum where it doesn't matter. What better way to start a new area than with the stuff you already own? <br><br>Hell, I should have left it in both places. One place for as an ongoing scrap book the other to talk about it til your blue in the face.-- Double the pleasure! What's done is done but at least now we know what the expectations are.<br><br> :-Xdaisy[/quote]<br>Hey daisy, I loved your stuff. It's a pity you felt compelled to remove it from the original thread where it belonged. I thought it really enhanced the thread and the comments were good natured and typical of what happens on these threads all the time.<br><br>All power to ya. I'm glad you didn't remove them altogether.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:13 pm 

A Cool Collage
ImageThis is a picture of my friend Sarah and the piece of art work that she designed for me. This collage of Frank was made by assembling hundreds of torn pieces of paper from magazines. This was Sarah's first attempt at a human face. The image that she worked from was a 3 x 3 inch black and white photo of the Apostrophe album, that she dowloaded from the internet. Of course, I would have given her the album to work from, but she did this as a surprise. She confessed that she almost kept it for herself, because it took her several months to complete it, but that she knew that more people would enjoy it if she gave it to me. Little did she know that it would have global appeal. ;D
Pretty unique, eh? ;)daisy

Last edited by debutante_daisy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:50 pm 

i bid $25 for da art work<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:16 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=15#18 date=03/22/04 at 15:45:51]<br>Hey, that is pretty cool. Not only is it a great piece of art on its own: it also has a nice bit of conceptual irony behind it, because - since it's made entirely of old ripped-up magazines - it plays up the "Frank Zappa vs. Consumer Society" thing...<br>[hr][/quote]<br><br>[center]I couldn't have said it better myself...uhh, if I thought of it I woulda :)[/center]<br><br>
Quote:
Wow. If only I wore black all the time and used the word "hegemony" more, I could be an art critic.
<br><br>[center]now for the word of the day[/center]<br><br>[center] \He*gem`o*ny\, n.  guide, leader, to go before.] Leadership; preponderant influence or authority; -- usually applied to the relation of a government or state to its neighbors or confederates. --<br><br>n : the domination of one state over its allies<br><br>can I get you an espresso with a twist of lemon, sir ??? <br> ;Ddaisy[/center]<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:26 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=wishList;num=1079738492;start=15#19 date=03/22/04 at 15:50:26]i bid $25 for da art work<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>uh whaddya craZay ???...you may want to throw a zero on the end of that number ***for starters...not that it will ever go on da open market. you so silly, mungo!!!<br><br> :Pdaisy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:30 pm 

you are right daisy - ims not noted for my good taste - enough said. any chance of a signed print ?<br><br>mungo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next