Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: So What Else Do We LIke
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:43 pm 

Hey all you crazy cats out there in Zappa land i was just wondering, what else do you folks listen to. now i myself am a hardcore Zappa fan but also enjoy other music, such as Lou Reed And the Velvet Underground, Joe Walsh And The Scorpions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:19 pm 

I find Chinese Pygmy Sea Shanty's to be very relaxing  ;D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:16 pm 

Hello,<br>    I've been into Jazz(mostly avant stuff),the new Japanese psych scene,the 1960's/1970's psych and prog scene,new independent stuff(Elephant 6,Gorky's Zygotic Mynci,Robyn Hitchcock,Richard Youngs,Stone Breath-Dark Holler,etc)....oh loads of stuff!<br>     There ya go!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:26 pm 

<br> Spike Jones, Homer & Jethro, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Louis Jordan, Loudon Wainwright III - All could play great music n' make you laugh.<br><br> Kinks, NRBQ, NGDB, Beatles, Cream, Hendrix, Moby Grape, Janis, Maria Muldaur, Lovin Spoonful, Allman Bros, Lynyrd Skynyrd<br><br> Hank Williams, all the Sun Artists, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Howlin Wolf, Professor Longhair, Dr John<br><br> Captain Beefheart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:01 pm 

fz [font=rubber stamp let]guitar [/font]& mostly reggae....<br><br>[img width=150 height=150]http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000050XFU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:12 pm 

Hendrix, Beatles, Floyd, Jeff Beck, Bowie, Grateful Dead, Black Sabbath, Yes, Rush, Queen, Tom Petty, Bob Marley, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Metallica, Firehose, Soundgarden, Tool,Phish, Ween, Tenacious D.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:43 am 

David Bowie<br>Bjork<br>Caetano Veloso<br>Jazz (Archie Shepp, Django Reinhardt, Miles Davis)<br>King Crimson<br>Lou Reed<br>Eastern-Europe traditional music<br>Italian traditional music<br>Klezmer<br><br>that's in this period but I have a lot of records so...<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:46 am 

[glow=red,2,300]Whoa That alot of nice bands/glow]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:47 am 

Dammit my glow didn't work, lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:51 pm 

I like:<br>Red Hot Chili Peppers<br>Green Day<br>Brian Setzer<br>Iron Maiden<br>Joe Satriani<br>Steve Vai<br>Ron Thal<br>The Presidents Of The United States Of America<br>Rancid<br>Dweezil Zappa<br>among other bands.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:01 pm 

A recent discovery for me that I'm getting a kick out of is Reverand Horton Heat.  Yeah, I know I'm kind of slow-he's been around for ten years or so-but better late than never.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:39 pm 

bognorRegis is sweet...like the lost episodes of hot rats!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:03 am 

deep purple, jethro tull, led zeppelin, rush, grateful dead, beefheart, cream, pink floyd, black sabbath, morphine, vai, hendrix<br><br>horton heat is cool. I like listening to "smoke 'em if you got 'em"  every once in a while.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:56 pm 

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (jazz banjo).  Check out UFOTOFU or Live Art.<br><br>Clarence Fountain and the Blind Boys of Alabama (aka the Five Blind Boys of Alabama) (authentic Black-American southern gospel).  Check out Oh Lord Stand By Me or Marching Up to Zion (currently available together on 1 CD).<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:53 pm 

[quote author=SonOfWillieThePimp link=board=zappaning;num=1048380203;start=15#16 date=03/26/03 at 14:05:51]<br>I like metal, good rock music and good music in general.<br>I'm anti commercial shit and poser rock bands.[/quote]<br><br>[glow=red,2,300][move]Good shout sir !![/move][/glow]<br>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:10 am 

[glow=red,2,300]Well I have seen a lot of nice bands and other intrestings which I have been checking out, <br>           Thak You All And Keep On Posting[/glow]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:45 am 

Oh man, I like a whole shitload of other stuff.<br><br>Motörhead(the hard rock band, not Jim Sherwood)<br>Mike Patton and his bands(Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Fantômas, Tomahawk)<br>Lots and lots of classical music<br>John Zorn(I highly suggest you all take a listen to him, I bet you'd like his stuff)<br>Weird Al Yankovic<br>Captain Beefheart<br>Venom<br>The Ramones<br>Steve Vai<br>Joe Satriani<br>Eric Johnson<br>Rush<br>Tom Waits<br>Dead Kennedys<br>Black Sabbath<br>John Cage<br>Black Flag<br>Turbonegro<br>Hawkwind<br>Led Zeppelin<br>Aphex Twin<br>Merzbow<br>Wesley Willis<br><br>And a LOT more.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:02 pm 

Mr Bungle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:31 am 

Hey Fish, you and I have like tastes.I love the Elfman soundtrack and Beefheart is well, a classic to me...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:56 pm 

Yesterday and today I've been glued to Zoot Horn Rollo's "We Saw a Bozo Under The Sea" Cd.Great stuff!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:52 am 

hi folks,<br><br>except of zappas works, the captain, the wild man and lots of their projects in single and common i always had lots of fun with the cramps, the stooges, new york dolls, the dead boys, ramones, patti smith, richard hell, also  the damned  and many many more of good old style punk rockers,  dead kennedys, black flag and the plasmatics(wendy ruled for real), further i am badly into link wray and almost all of his work, 60&acute;s psychedelia, surf stuff from the barracudas, western psychedelic wavy sounds like wall of voodoo(remember stan ridgeway?) and almost all johnny cash stuff.<br>i almost forgot motörhead(excellent works with the damned), slayer, the misfits and sabbath, what not really is metal but only rock`n`roll what always will remain the best ever invented, except zappa, who really can not be compared to anything.<br>i am sure, i forgot a hell lot of good stuff, but thats all for now.<br>music is the best!<br><br>love,<br>wowie zowie!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next