Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:52 pm 

i used to dislike keep it greasy....i wonder what frank would've said if gail asked him to keep it greasy? :mrgreen: most likely the song would'nt have been written. i do enjoy the song, not exactly for the words, but the music is pretty great. chana i don't much like, but i like the fact that he used a story one of his daughters made up when she was young...very sweet. but the song itself...no thanks. he's so gay is just stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:27 pm 

what the hell is wrong with sleep dirt, it's certainly not one of his best but i'd rather listen to it than do any of those things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:07 pm 

bangadrian wrote:
what the hell is wrong with sleep dirt, it's certainly not one of his best but i'd rather listen to it than do any of those things

the sleep dirt lp has been in my top 5 fz albums since the day it went on sale; the added rancid vocals, butchered ocean i.t.u. solution, weak overdubbed drums & the extra reverb/compression/digititis puts the hurts on my ears...filthy habits is ok on the cd, that's about ittake it away, thingfish 24

as for honey don't you want a man like me, it sounds like a simple tune, but it's a pretty complex piece of music [as pointed out to me by a musician-type on this here forum]; lotta time changes & polyrythms 'n shit like that

do you guys list bobby brown because it was overplayed¿ or the lyrics¿ or just don't like the tune¿

& wtf's up with greasey ¿ go listen to the dallas '80 show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:41 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
do you guys list bobby brown because it was overplayed¿ or the lyrics¿ or just don't like the tune¿

Personally, I think the music is pretty bland for a Zappa tune, don't really care for the lyrics either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:57 am 

i love bobby brown and he's so gay, the latter really shines on thing-fish, great bassline.

bobby brown has maybe the most hilarious lyrics ever written, how could you not like it!

i'd say my least favourite would be something off broadway the hardway..... jezebel boy or summit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:30 am 

timm0 wrote:
i love bobby brown and he's so gay, the latter really shines on thing-fish, great bassline.

bobby brown has maybe the most hilarious lyrics ever written, how could you not like it!

i'd say my least favourite would be something off broadway the hardway..... jezebel boy or summit.
FZ:"Old Ralph is going to make him put that wretched sausage in his mouth again." (Gluddle, gluddle, gluddle, gluddle!!!) FZ: "Aaaaaand agin!" (Gluddle, gluddle, gluddle, gluddle!!!) FZ: "Aaaaaaaand one mo' 'gin!" (Gluddle, gluddle, gluddle, gluddle!) IW: "Well, y'know what they say, another day, another sausage!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

--Batchain :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:58 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
  • i’d rather suck the snot out of a gorilla's nose until the back of his head caves in than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather masturbate with a cheese grater than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather crush my foreskin between 2 tables while being bitch wipped by a fat, mustached greek named spyros than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather drink a gallon of turpentine and piss on a forest fire than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather bungee jump with the harness tied to my penis with thana harris lying naked in the landing zone than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather have the ten strongest 300 pound linemen in the nfl play tug of war with my nut sack, each side of 5 pulling a separate nut in a different direction than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather nail my dick to the middle of a 2x4 and set both ends on fire and try to get loose with a butter knife than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather stick a hartz flea brush up my ass and jog a mile than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather have sex with pee wee herman in the daylight, without a bag to put over his head than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather lie under an elephant with diarrhea, in august, with my mouth propped open than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
  • i’d rather be tied to a chair and forced to listen to barry manilow tunes while having my tonsils removed with a rusty spoon than have to listen to the sleep dirt cd 1 more fucking time
\

Such a delicate way with words. :wink:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:57 pm 

my favorite and least favorite are like the size of my cock... it's always changing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:09 pm 

I really like most of the songs mentioned. I very much like Bobby Brown. I can't think of a particular least favorite, but probably something off of You Are What You Is. It's an OK album, but lots of boring songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:12 pm 

ooh i forgot to mention "cocaine decisions" which is pretty terrible

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:16 pm 

I Don't Wanna Get Drafted is my least favorite FZ musical composition -- the lyrics are really crappy too. Which is a bummer cuz I'm generally against the military draft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:46 pm 

Beat The Reaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:31 pm 

I'm sorry But that 'Bobby Brown' is the least of Zappa's output.I mean,The message is appreciated,but the music & delivery of lyrics don't cut it-as opposed to the most & best Of Zappa.But that is just my slant...I am more for the Lumpy Gravy-Civilization Phaze III & kick-ass guitar Zappa.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:34 am 

I pretty much dislike all the songs from this entire chunk of Joe's Garage album:

"A Token of My Extreme"
"Stick It Out"
"Sy Borg"
"Dong Work for Yuda"
"Keep It Greasey"
"Outside Now"

Just grim, dull and ugly lyrics....I know that's the point but doesn't make it fun to listen to!

Also Tell Me You Love Me, seems a really slight song, is it meant to be a piss take of a garage rock track? I like the riffing but the lyrics are just not up to the usual level of Zappa's tunes, it doesn't seem to have that other level most of the others have.

I think the tracks where Zappa just seems to be being spiteful rather than ironic are pretty horrible. Also I don't care for his anti disco tunes, unlike most people on this forum I like disco...runs for cover.....