Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:29 am 

So, what are you up to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:35 am 

now the weekend is come it going too rain like fuck in the u.k :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:39 am 

Apparently, it's just going to get hotter this weekend and culminate in a thunder storm (!?!?!?) so I'm just going to study my math textbook. I figure If I learn this shit now I won't have to try nearly as hard during the actual school year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:43 am 

Rehearsal with a band tomorrow afternoon. It's for a one time only gig and I was asked as a last-minute replacement for one of the guitarists. Lots of metal covers while I'm not really a metal player (haven't seriously listened to any metal stuff since high school), so I spent this afternoon bashing away at lots of powerchords with palm muting to get my metal chops up.

After that, I'll probably hit the pub at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:40 pm 

I finally got my washing machine need more be said :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:48 pm 

Today it was my last holiday, I had three weeks off. So I'll hang my head in sorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:05 pm 

"Friday night, everything's right for the weekend, la la la la la,
Crazy clothes, anything goes on a weekend, la la la la la,
John called Ann & Jim got Sue
& I made a date with little ol' you,
Off we went to make a big tent on the weekend...la la la la la..." 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:56 pm 

I've got a whole week off! Yee-haw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:59 am 

Starting two weeks vacation! Stays in the neigbourhood though.

It's time for doing a few bits of serious "Home Improvement." I am already slightly dizzy writing this as I have just been paiting with some heavy stuff; with all windows open, but schtilll ijam dichchcy. Wow, the new schin for the Forum is great!!!! Those flouwting pink nuansches are rejlly bjeutufuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllchjsdkjhbcew....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:35 am 

my classes finish up this week so this will be the first no study weekend in several months. i will likely stay in because of the heat, spin some CDs from the waiting to be heard stack, listen to more of Noam Chomsky's Failed States, and engage in several rounds of Battlefield 2 on my PC.

there are also a few bottles of Bass Ale waiting to be consumed... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:56 am 

Hang with the A/C machines and feel stupid for returning that 10,000 BTU thing to add on a 3rd 8000 BTU thing. Even this machine throws enough heat that I'm feeling it. (I'm ALMOST ready to take up the offer of the neighbors in back to use their 'swimming' pool, despite the fact that the water's an uninviting shade of yellow as a result of their two kids and their buddies.)

--Batchain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:34 am 

Batchain1001 wrote:
(I'm ALMOST ready to take up the offer of the neighbors in back to use their 'swimming' pool, despite the fact that the water's an uninviting shade of yellow as a result of their two kids and their buddies.)

--Batchain

some years ago i had neighbors that had a rather large, extended family with many kids living next door. the dad, er- head of household was from NYC, born and raised in the city. he's a straight up city guy and living in a house rather than an apartment, having a yard, etc. was all totally new to him. he goes out and buys this above ground pool that's about 15 feet across and abour 4 feet deep and sets it up in his yard which is so small that the pool is within 5 feet of the road. he also knew nothing of pool maintenance including needing a filter or adding chemicals. imagine said pool after sitting in the sun for several weeks with half a dozen to a dozen kids in it at any time all day and into the night... did i mention the pool was filled with well water so it wasn't filtered or purified to start with? think split pea soup but a more brilliant green and full of mosquito larvae. it was unbelievable! the kids would duck under the water and would disappear! they'd bob around and it looked like soup with ingredients churning around. his kids started getting sick and having ear infections and he never did figure it out. finally, the county zoning guy cited him for having a pool without a fence and a locking gate around it. it was gone that same day. not before he flooded the road and a yard, though. the whole crowd moved after the army of children and ever growing collection of adults finally overwhelmed the septic system. i came home from work one night and the dad was waiting for me and in a panic. he was hoping i could help him figure out why when the upstairs toilet was flushed, the contents emptied into the kitchen sink while the downstairs one wouldn't flush at all. i tried to explain his septic system was full and his eyes glazed over. he went back in muttering about being from New York City and flushing and it just goes away and he didn't know about no goddamn septic systems... they were gone within a day. i really didn't mind. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:46 am 

probably come on here and read this thread.....

also though i'll be at the 1st game of the football season, it's been too damn long since the World Cup.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:28 am 

Well, after a hot week like this I think this weekend will involve a lot of goofing off, some water, some riding in the cool green woods, some beer, and a bar-b-que Sunday for the NASCAR race, IN the AC.

FRIDAY might be interesting, I've just thought of a plan but I don't know if I got the balls to do it....

My boss (whom you all know how much I love), lives a nice distance from me, 770 miles. Twice a year he flies up to New England to visit :( He's coming this week, I have him for two days, Thursday and Friday. Thursday shouldn't be too bad cuz he's getting into town about lunch time, we can do all our "PA-yearly review" paperwork and "numbers" and all that shite (he loves those numbers; it's hard to pretend I'm listening), after lunch and get that all out of the way.

But Friday is a problem. He's gonna wanna meet at 8AM sharp and I'm already going to be out of things to say to him, (and I'm going to get impatient for him to go away). I know on Thursday he's going to tell me to call a customer or two to set up a visit or two for Friday so we have something to do.

But I'm thinking about NOT calling any customers but not telling him. Then Friday morning when he thinks we're going to the city to visit customers, I'm going to instead take him to the beach. I'll have my very tempting beach blanket, umbrella, and boogie boards in the back, and I'll bring a bathing suit for him. If I can get him into the parking lot, I think I can pull it off because I never saw anyone in the beach parking lot, smelling the salt air and hearing the waves...NOT want to go to the beach.

If he whines, I can take him to visit customers, but if I can get up the balls to do it, (what's he gonna do write me up for taking the boss to the beach?), we'll both have a much better Friday. We can do lunch there, then I can dump him back at his hotel early cuz he'll be all sandy, and I can pass on having to have dinner with him cuz we just had lunch, and I'll tell him I ride evenings, and don't want to do that on a full stomach, (I'm planning on using that strategy to get out of dinner Thursday too, lol, I've been building him up on a chineese place for lunch that will stuff him too much for him to want supper)...

He only comes around twice a year, maybe if I'm successfull Friday, it will be easy to continue the tradition next year too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:34 am 

My friend is coming back from a lake in northern Minnesota so I'll probably hang out with him, borrow his mic for my Zappa cover, do the vocals and geetar solo with that. Tomorrow I am going to my Aunt's house to pick up her old chair since I have no where to sit in my room. Friday, I'll be going to guitar center just to jam. Sounds pretty good, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:10 am 

Cruising for beer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:12 am 

Sleep late and visit the Eindhoven fun fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:48 am 

Looking after my sisters dawggy mostly. Out for a few beers on Friday though, with friends I havent seen in a while. Saturday I'll probably be at the park and the beach with the dog and Snakey, and Sunday she's off to a friends, so I intend to do nowt but read my Johnny Cash book alllll dayyy! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:51 am 

I'm going to a two day reggae festival in Belgium this weekend. Should be lots of fun. :) Image

Last edited by Studebaker on Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:04 am 

Studebaker wrote:
I'm going to a two day reggae festival in Belgium this weekend. Should be lots of fun. :) Image

So how did the metal gig go?

I myself am planning to go see one music festival myself as well in another town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:46 am 

Studebaker wrote:

Ever been to Reggae Sundance in Eindhoven? That event is upcoming... in Genneper Parken for the last time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:54 am 

Yeah, I was at Reggae Sundance two years ago, and I was supposed to go last year as well, but the weather sucked and we decided to stay home at the last minute. Had a good time there, gonna try the Belgium thing this year for variety. That is, if the weather's any good.. didn't look too great today here.

I've only rehearsed with the metal band once, the show's supposed to be in a month. Rehearsal went over okay, I don't really have any difficulties playing the parts. Only thing is that metal power chord riffing doesn't sound too great on my single coil Fender strat, so I might borrow a more 'metal' sounding guitar for the gig, like an Ibanez or something. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:38 pm 

I'm helping my father in law move a refrigerator. Other than that, no real plans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:46 pm 

Fucking working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:14 am 

Studebaker wrote:

Well, that rocked hard. Great weather, nice tunes, relaxed vibe. I'm still hearing that massive dub bass in my head.. :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next