Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:48 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Nice pic and interesting conversation with the indian of the group !

How it comes that you once sat with JCB on this comfortable sofa ?

Haha, I'd a look at your hairy website. I'm sorry that I only got a bart as Grass would say. Did you already get a reply from Angela ?

Angie has ignored me completely. I punish her by refusing to have intercourse with her. That's the most extreme form of punishment I can think of.

JCB was here in Oslo last week to do some studio work. I spent two and a half hour with him at Grand Hotel. It was very nice. He's a good guy and we had a nice conversation. I'm going to write an article for a Norwegian music website called panorama.no about him, but later I will post the whole interview online. You'll like it (34 pages!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:00 am 

FEBRUARY

I wonder what brand of moustache wax FZ used. I recently changed over from the creamy Ungarische Bartwichse by Stern to Skippy's Mustasch Wox from Trondheim.

How about you?

HA BART!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:48 pm 

The lack of enthusiasm over - or even interest for - this, the most important political topic of our time, is very disturbing. As a matter of fact, I have started getting Apocalyptic Visions. There's a lot of pink in them. And the voices in my head have become more like Cher's voice when she uses that stupid effect on it... you know, the one on that big hit she had a few years ago. Those voices really bug me sometimes. They keep screaming "Freak me out, Frank! Freak me out!". And my name isn't even Frank.

Come on! I can't possibly be the only shithead in here that's overeducated enough to understand The Importance of Having a Moustache?

Anyway. Here's my monthly moustache photo, along with a picture of me without a moustache:

Now, do you realize how childish and dangerous it is not to have a moustache?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:14 am 

TODAY: Six Months With A Moustache

This has to be celebrated. You should celebrate it too, by growing a moustache! I still don't think you understand just how important it is to have a moustache.

Ha bart!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:47 am 

Moustaches Against Prostate Cancer

[url=http://www.habart.org]In Sweden, an organization called Cancerfonden and the newspaper Aftonbladet have started a campaign to raise money for research on prostate cancer. “Mustasch-Kampen” asks people to vote (via SMS) on which of the pre-selected celebrities will enter the moustache-growing contest on Thursday. The next step is to have people vote the participants out, one each day, all through the month of May.

They also encourage people who are not celebrities to participate in the battle, by registering up with a (presumably un-moustached) face for other people to vote for and against.

This campaign confirms our belief in the moustache as a symbol of good health, social awareness, responsibility, humour and fighting spirit. Good luck to “Mustach-Kampen”.[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:42 am 

The last time I shaved my mustache off was August 1976. I was in Israel for my junior year in school, and I got cast as an extra in the Biblical TV epic "The Story of David" (for real, starring Timothy Bottoms, and Jane Seymour! How did I miss her??) Apparently their rigorous research had determined that Philistine soldiers did not have mustaches, so off it went. But hey, I got paid $80US (cash!) a day for 2 days' work, and that bought a lot of falafel and beer back then.

The ex-Mrs. O'Blivion used to complain that she had never seen my whole face, since she had never seen my upper lip area, but I don't really give a fat rat's tuches, and it is just one more reason why she is the ex.

Join us for Farther Oblivion Tour 2007! Visit Berlin for the naming of Frank-Zappa-strasse, Prague, and be part of the 18th Zappanale! E-mail for info, or visit www.freewebs.com/fartheroblivion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:48 am 

Nice pics, Milt. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:57 am 

And check out last night's broadcast of The Night Before on Kerrang! Radio. It has someone talking about moustaches, and I think habart.org is mentioned too. Perhaps even Zappa. I think the broadcast will be available on that website until next Tuesday or Wednesday.

And: If you don't have a moustache, GROW ONE NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:20 am 

Allright, not the pretiest guy in town, but my contribution couldn't stay out. Yes it's me on the picture, (hope it will display)

Last edited by 428cj on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:20 am 

tried to post a picture of myself, but don't know how...
sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:21 am 

To post a picture, it has to have an URL. Then you paste the URL into this code, or whatever they call it: Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:49 pm 

the top 10 rock & roll moustaches
posted jun-03-08 3:28pm pdt

10. carlos santana …certainly falls into the category of musical legend and
although his cookieduster is on the well-groomed and understated side...

9. jimi hendrix…probably wore his fur horseshoe better than any rock & roller
in the history of the rock moustache...

8. duane allman…is only one of two entries in the top 10 that include a total
lampchop/stache combo...

7. ted nugent's had an on again/off again affair with his nosebeard over the
years, but the cover of his seminal album cat scratch fever memorializes...

6. lemmy kilmister's mutton chop moustache is as integral to his image as his
gravelly voice is to the music of motörhead…

5. david crosby is, without any doubt, the rock star that most closely resembles
a walrus; his wire-like facial hair has evolved over the years to help the singer
locate crustaceans as he swims along the bottom of...

4. john oates without his face weasel is much like what your cat looks like after you shave it...

3. jim croce…had a good career as a model for the nose & moustache disguise
company who invented the world famous disguise of the same name

2. freddie mercury without his schnozzle-fuzz would have looked like nothing more
than an accountant in a tight jumpsuit and cape...

1. frank zappa; choosing many of the previous artists in this list took some careful consideration, but
there was never any doubt about who would claim the number one spot; frank zappa's distinctively huge
moustache, in combination with his oversized soul patch, is so identifiable to the man that his estate
holds a trademark on the look [no joke]; the style of his creative loin-tickler even carries the name
the zappa after the man who made it famous...so as a respected musician well ahead of his time whose
moustache style carries his name, frank zappa's stache is the #1 greatest rock & roll moustache in history

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:40 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8yN_6KIxxw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:05 am 

:mrgreen: if you dont have one get one!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:37 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11