Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:00 am 

"I like fried spaghetti. I like Fried Anything. Whatever it is, FRY IT -- except if it's a hot dog. Then you stick a fork in it and burn it in the fire on top of the stove (yes, folks, the legendary Super-Delicious Burnt Weeny Sandwich). By the way, the best time to eat fried spaghetti is for breakfast.<br>The kids look at me eating this stuff and go "Yuck!"<br>I say, "This is DAD food. One day you're going to have to learn how to eat this shit, because you're going to have a house full of kids too, and the food is going to be gone, and you're going to open the icebox and say, 'Uh-oh, what is that stuff?' " "<br><br> 8)<br>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:28 am 

i just found this site, i've been into Zappa for years now.<br><br>a bunch have already been mentioned,  these don't have alot of meaning but they sound cool <br><br>It doesn’t, and you can’t, I won’t, and it don’t<br>It hasn’t, it isn’t, it even ain’t, and it shouldn’t<br>It couldn’t      (from stinkfoot)<br><br>I whipped off her bloomers'n stiffened my thumb<br>An' applied rotation on her sugar plum <br><br>I poked 'n stroked till my wrist got numb<br>But I still didn't hear no Dinah-Moe Humm,<br>Dinah-Moe Humm    (this ones obvious)<br><br>i also like <br>"i can't say that i'm black, but theres a whole bunch of times i wish i could say that i'm not white either"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:43 am 

"Music is the Best!"

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:35 pm 

for today:<br><br>"Politics is the entertainment branch of industry"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:52 pm 

[quote author=Zardoz link=board=quotes;num=1035992364;start=75#86 date=04/20/04 at 06:10:12]GREAT-GOOGLY-MOOGLY , I use this one all the time. Even though it's not a quote it still is a great term of expression.  8)[/quote]<br><br>I thought of asking that twat in the otherwise excellent thread "Flatulus's Translation Service", but he talks crap most of the time so I thought I'd ask here. I love this phrase too, and have always wondered where it originally came from. Howlin' Wolf and various other blues artists have used it, but does anyone have any ideas who or what it can be credited to for first use? Maybe Googly Moogly was some African or Inuit god or chief or something? I tried to Google it but they weren't very helpful, surprisingly...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:01 pm 

"So long as somebody gets a laugh out of it, what the fuck?"

they never won't

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:45 am 

in a way you can't explain 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:18 pm 

another very nice quotes right from poncho's country: Mexico!<br><br>" nada hay mas blasfemo que una guitarra distorsionada tocada de la manera correcta"  ;)<br><br>and another nice and known quotes:<br><br>"broken hearts are for assholes"  :'(<br><br>"if u cant even fuck ur self, how ur gonna fuck some one else?"   :o<br><br>"he's so gay, he's almost every one today"  :-*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:28 am 

it's all th same .. <br><br>it's just backwards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:28 am 

"you have heard all of the nice bent notes.you have heard clean playing,accurate playing...i don't give a shit about that stuff.i want to play what's on my mind."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:21 pm 

1. Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny.<br><br>   2. Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe.<br><br>   3. There is no hell. There is only France.<br><br>   4. Don't mind your make-up, you'd better make your mind up.<br><br>   5. Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.<br><br>   6. It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner.<br><br>   7. A mind is like a parachute. It doesnt work if it's not open.<br><br>   8. If we can't be free at least we can be cheap.<br><br>   9. Sometimes you got to get sick before you can feel better.<br><br>  10. You can't be a Real Country unless you have a BEER and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a BEER.<br><br>  11. There will never be a nuclear war; there's too much real estate involved.<br><br>  12. Consider for a moment any beauty in the name Ralph.<br><br>  13. Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?<br><br>  14. Outdoors for me is walking from the car to the ticket desk at the airport<br><br>  15. You drank beer, you played golf, you watched football - WE EVOLVED!<br><br>  16. You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered pansexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it.<br><br>  17. Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"<br>      FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"<br><br>  18. Without deviation from the norm, 'progress' is not possible.<br><br>  19. It's better to have something to remember than nothing to reget...<br><br>  20. Who are the brain police?<br><br>  21. The people of your century no longer require the service of composers.<br>      A composer is as useful to a person in a jogging suit as a dinsoaur turd in the middle of his runway.<br><br>  22. There are more love songs than anything else.<br>      If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another.<br><br>  23. I'm not black, but there's a whole lot of times I wish I could say I'm not white.<br><br>  24. Most people wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass.<br><br>  25. Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:30 pm 

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/zappa.htm<br><br>http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Frank_Zappa<br><br>http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/frank_zappa<br><br>http://www.amusingquotes.com/h/z/Frank_Zappa_1.htm<br><br>http://www.science.uva.nl/~robbert/zappa/quote/phrases

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:57 am 

"women do stupid shit like the rest of us."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:01 am 

"...If a person dosen't feel cynical, then they are out of phaze with the 20th century. Being cynical is the only way of dealing with modern civilisation, you can't just swallow it all..."

Post subject: Favorite quote...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:09 am 

Put your head back, here comes the drill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:42 pm 

"I like food with a lot of cayenne pepper on it, and I like music with a lot of dissonance in it."

"You get a lot of IV-Is in black music, and you get a lot of II-Vs, and other stuff. But that goddamn V-I, and those goddamn jazz guys with II-V-I, and modulating the fucking thing around the Circle of Fifths. Why they have their nerve!"

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:59 pm 

What about this one...

"Well, I hear Linda Ronstadt is auditioning for a guitarist!"

...one of MY favorites.

Post subject: quotes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:00 pm 

And then there's-

"As the planet gets more crowded, we must realize that 'slack' is precious, schmucks are plentiful, impingements are impractical and werewolf etiquette for self-defense is a personal necessity."

Last edited by Zerofret on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: quotes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:02 pm 

"Anybody who claims the road to righteousness is mapped out in some book...he's waving around is an asshole..."

Last edited by Zerofret on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next