Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A JAYPFUNK Polished Turd
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:25 am 

"There is No Sanctuary"<br><br>The Evil Prince hopes you get what's coming to you.<br><br>[glow=red,2,300]Zappateer [/glow]<br>Have No fear. <br>They'll be plenty for all....<br>and now let me tell you about this wonderful illixer.<br><br>Made of Compound Herbs <br>Gathered from the Ends of the Earth, <br>From the Weights of the Polar Regions, <br>The Blazing Heat of The Sahara Desert<br><br>Regardless of Cost.<br><br>[glow=red,2,300]Trendmonger[/glow]It's all a pack of lies! I don't beleive a word of it.  <br><br><br>Directly taken from Introduction to The Zappateers Listening Sessions <br><br>For example at the time of writing the latest show for a listening session is labelled on the tracker as <br>‘FZ - 03-03-1976 #1 - Copenhagen, Denmark - AUD - jaypfunk - (ZTLS #169)’. <br>The date and venue are self-explanatory, the AUD signifies an Audience recording, <br>and the seeder has identified himself (in this case jaypfunk) to distinguish this particular recording from any others that may exist of this performance. <br>The ‘ZTLS # 169’ signifies that this is the show for the Zappateers Listening Session number 169 (yes we have been going that long.<br><br>Lets' break this down:<br><br>Where the Zappateers say<br><br>The date and venue are self-explanatory. <br><br>You Zappateers may be right it seems as if Frank Zapppa did perform on 03-03-1967 in Copenhagen,<br>Denmark.<br><br>the AUD signifies an Audience recording<br><br>I guees someone in the audience snuck in a tape recorder. I repeat that John Smothers or whomesoever played teh role of John Smothers on 03-03-1967 would have smashed the recording device to bits or ripped his/head off if an individual with an unathorized recording device was found.<br><br>Who recorded it. How did it leak out to the general public?<br><br>and the seeder has identified himself (in this case jaypfunk) to distinguish this particular recording from any others that may exist of this performance<br> <br><br>Oh let's be so thankfull that jaypfunk will help make it possible for thousands of Zapapteer users to get this unnoficial polished turd. <br><br>We must make sure that anyone who seeds this in the futchum credits jaypfunk otherwise that given user must call it a reseed as if jaypfunk deserves credit for this production. If that user fails to call it a reseed and seeds we must ban him forever. Or at least unbtil he comes up with some new username. <br><br>Each and every copy including is unnoficial. As much energy as you all put into this you should put ten times the amount into stateing that no matter what we do these files are unnoficial and are nto the intent of the artist. <br><br>To the extent that this stuff is getting around in my opinion the Zappateers are sternly affecting the integrity of Frank Zappa's body of work.<br><br>I will continue to show my viewpoints on the matter and you have every rigth to defend or correct my mistakes on your intent on sharing polished turds with thousands of people.<br><br>In the bible there is a story where Jesus Christ gets all pissed off because the church has been turned into a market. I realize that that torent user groups like Zappateers appear quite friendly. Very much like the Jehovah Witness. But the truth of the matter is they are abusing the integrity of FranK Zappa.    <br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:41 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#0 date=11/01/05 at 11:25:33]We must make sure that anyone who seeds this in the futchum credits jaypfunk otherwise that given user must call it a reseed as if jaypfunk deserves credit for this production. If that user fails to call it a reseed and seeds we must ban him forever. Or at least unbtil he comes up with some new username. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Shithead, it's not about "getting credit" for anything!! The reason we require reseeds to be idenified is out of courtesy so people don't download multiple versions of the same show that may be available elsewhere and it also keeps track of all the versions of the same show that may be floating around out there.<br><br>NOW STOP TALKING ABOUT SHIT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT!! OK? FUCKSTICK!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:01 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#2 date=11/01/05 at 11:41:32]<br><br>Shithead, it's not about "getting credit" for anything!! [/quote]<br><br>While I do understand it states that it's about getting the best quality tape some of the text in the banning thread is quit alarming<br><br><br>http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=646<br><br>While much of the talk is about banning members who bad mouth another there is some verbiage regarding seeder that i am not quite comfortable with.<br><br>The standard tape collector conventions are understandable for the tape collector community but when I see a name next to Franks works that is an unathorized work I am quite skeptical.<br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:08 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#3 date=11/01/05 at 12:01:25]<br><br>While I do understand it states that it's about getting the best quality tape some of the text in the banning thread is quit alarming<br><br><br>http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=646[/quote]<br><br>1 - For someone who doesn't care you sure spend alot of time worrying about it.<br><br>2 - That old flame war stuff is too long to get into but it was something that needed to be rectifed. the flame wars didn't happen at zappateers. we all get along fine there. no flames. this all happened on another tracker and that individual was spreading horrible rumors etc.... the asshole even came here to start shit!! this individual who was causing major problems and as a commmunity it was decided that he be banned from zappateers.<br><br>3 - Once again.... stay out of shit you have no clue about!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:23 am 

My [quote author=jaypfunk link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#4 date=11/01/05 at 12:08:35]<br><br>1 - For someone who doesn't care you sure spend alot of time worrying about it.<br><br>2 - That old flame war stuff is too long to get into but it was something that needed to be rectifed. the flame wars didn't happen at zappateers. we all get along fine there. no flames. this all happened on another tracker and that individual was spreading horrible rumors etc.... the asshole even came here to start shit!! this individual who was causing major problems and as a commmunity it was decided that he be banned from zappateers.<br><br>3 - Once again.... stay out of shit you have no clue about!!<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Regardles of your petty flame wars on whatever bit torrent group people putting there name in direct context with Franks art is always questionable.<br><br>I would raise such questions without ever seeing info on such a flame war. The general FAQ publications at Zappateers is enough alone to make my hair stand on end. <br><br>I really think many of you think in you hearts that it is all o.k. but if and when a legal document hits your persaonal desk I hope it is not a rude awakening.<br><br>Even myself where I write for an official media outlet for soemone who remains close with the ZFT I try and be very careful.<br><br>Grant it I do make mistakes and we at PRIVACY try everything in our power to be carefull about what we publish but remember in the case of Zappateersyou are talking about presently several hundred concerts attempting to make it to 800 wher some username is directly connected with an FZ concert.<br><br>Do yoursleves a favor.<br><br>try and track down the orriginal taper and how the shit all leaked out. This way when the laws change everyone can be fried at the right temperature starting from beginning to the end.  <br><br>My personal identity is well known by members of the ZFT.<br><br>In your case I would hide.<br><br>Even if you guys are right and honest which I think many are not I will do my best to continually question your objectives. Please defend yourself for I welcome it.<br>Just maybe you ahve something good to say. Just maybe there is a little something informational that you or the members of Zappateers can offer as informational wisdom to the ZFT for their future plans... And I do sincerely mean that. But as far as many of the conventions of Zappateers I find many things extremely questionable.  

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:25 am 
Banned

[center]I have no problem with downloading/trading concert recordings (at least you're not buying shitty bootlegs). <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>But.....<br><br>That Zappateer's website REALLY sucks! :P[/center]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:41 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#5 date=11/01/05 at 12:23:21]My <br><br>Regardles of your petty flame wars on whatever bit torrent group people putting there name in direct context with Franks art is always questionable.<br><br>I would raise such questions without ever seeing info on such a flame war. The general FAQ publications at Zappateers is enough alone to make my hair stand on end. <br><br>I really think many of you think in you hearts that it is all o.k. but if and when a legal document hits your persaonal desk I hope it is not a rude awakening.<br><br>Even myself where I write for an ooficial media outlet for soemone who remains close with the ZFT I try and be very careful.<br><br>Grant it I do make mistakes and we at PRIVACY try everything in our power to be carefull about what we publish but remember in the case of Zappateersyou are talking about presently several hundred concerts attempting to make it to 800 wher some username is directly connected with an FZ concert.<br><br>Do yoursleves a favor.<br><br>try and track down the orriginal taper and how the shit all leaked out. This way when the laws change everyone can be fried at the right temperature starting from beginning to the end.  <br><br>My personal identity is well known by members of the ZFT.<br><br>In your case I would hide.[/quote]<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:42 am 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#6 date=11/01/05 at 12:25:42][center]That Zappateer's website REALLY sucks! :P[/center][/quote]<br><br>what is your reason for saying it sucks?<br>because you're to fucking stupid to figure out how to use it probably!!<br>asshat!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:03 am 
Banned

[center][quote author=Image link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#8 date=11/01/05 at 12:42:37]what is your reason for saying ti sucks?<br>because you're to fucking stupid to figure out how to use it probably!!<br>asshat!![/quote]<br><br> ???<br><br>Image<br><br>I'M stupid? You sound like one of those idiot kids in an America Online chat room, for christ's sake!<br><br>The reason the Zappateers website sucks is because it's a CRAPPY WEBSITE.<br><br>Now take some valium and shut the fuck up![/center]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:07 am 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#9 date=11/01/05 at 13:03:50][center]<br><br>The reason the Zappateers website sucks is because it's a CRAPPY WEBSITE.<br><br>[/center][/quote]<br><br>LOL!! Is that all you could come up with? Oh yeah it is!! Stupid boy!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:15 am 
Banned

[center]Image[/center]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:22 am 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#11 date=11/01/05 at 13:15:11][center]Image[/center][/quote]<br><br>GREAT NEWS!! I fucking hate cats!!!<br><br>KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:38 pm 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#13 date=11/01/05 at 14:32:19]OK, Trendy, I'll call your bluff.  I don't believe you.  I'm betting that you have bootlegs.<br>Otherwise, if you wish to maintain that you don't have any, you're going to have to admit that you have never heard:<br>- Bianca doing You Didn't Try to Call Me<br>- The Grand Wazoo Comic Book Extravaganza<br>- Duke telling stories on DuPree's<br>- Mar-juh-rene<br>- Velvet Sunrise, Portuguese Lunar Landing and many other unreleased cuts done live<br>- The banter, the secret words<br>- The tons of FZ solos and sidemen solos!<br>Not to mention that you were quoting Swallow My Pride in chat the other day... have you ever heard it?  Oh, please lemme guess!  You and Warren sit around and listen to his tapes that FZ made for him!  That makes it ok!  Bullshit.  Your "polished turd" theory goes right against it.  Either you don't listen to boots or you do, you can't have it both ways.<br>So, what'll it be, ignorant or hypocrite?[/quote]<br><br>Swallow My Pride<br>Any Downers (1975)<br>Conehead (1977)<br>Little Dots<br>Imaginary Diseases<br>200 Years Old long version<br>Greggary Peccary 2 Alt versions<br>The absolute MOST SICKEST FZ JAM ever...... FIVE-FIVE-FIVE from Manchester 1979 show

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:19 pm 

Arkay, Jayp......I love you guys.....I want to read your posts always.  :-*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:07 pm 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#12 date=11/01/05 at 13:22:28]<br><br>GREAT NEWS!! I fucking hate cats!!!<br><br>KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!![/quote]<br>LMFAO! HAHAHAHA!  ;D  ;D  ;D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:10 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=0#6 date=11/01/05 at 12:25:42][center]That Zappateer's website REALLY sucks! :P[/center][/quote]<br>Yeah it sucks how they put the out of print songbooks on their so we dont have to pay $300 on e-bay for second hand copys. Fuckin' maggots.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:15 pm 

God damn Trendmuncher.....you sure like to start up shitty threads<br>all over the place......<br>But of course, you are entitled to...being that you are the<br>self proclaimed "protector of all things Zappa"......<br><br>What I still dont get is what you really have against sharing live shows.<br>Of course, I understand they are not "Zappa aproved" like his<br>official albums.<br>But no one is trying to pretend they are.......<br><br>As long as a lot of people are allmost desparat to hear stuff like this, I think <br>its better they have the chance to trade amongst themselfs,<br>rather than pay a LOT of money to professional bootleggers for the same stuff...<br>But I guess you dont agree on this eighter.<br><br>Myself, I got 700+ live shows and rehearsals in my "tape collection".<br>And some times, I like to share with other fans, never taking a nickle for it..<br><br>I dont listen a LOT to these recordings, but I enjoy a lot of them...<br>I see these recordings as HISTORY... <br>...a way to document what happend, where and when...<br>How else whould you know for sure what really happend??<br>From someone who claimed to be there, and "knows for sure what happend"??<br>Like YOU did with the Hendrix Strat??<br>Well, we sure would have a ton of mis-information that way, thats fer sure...<br><br>A lot of the information you like to spread around here and elsewhere<br>comes from these tapes that you hate so much...<br><br>And just for the record..... I would be first in line to buy EVERY official<br>release of any of the shows I allready got on "tape"...<br>Dont worry, and I strongly believe this goes for most of the "tape" collectors out there.<br><br>Do I feel I cheat the ZFT for any money by collecting these shows??<br>No fucking way... I have allready bought every single official release out there...<br>...most of them more than once....<br>And I have never given any bootlegger a single cent.<br><br>I think you have made your point by now, regarding tape sharing,<br>no reason to start yet another thread now,<br>just to tell me that Im going straight to hell for having 700+ shows<br>in my collection......<br>I allready know..... ;)<br><br><br>IB ;D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:25 pm 

Trendmonger,<br>    Between the Zappa plays Zappa tour and the Zappateers.com website - you really have some SKEWED-ASS opinions.  I hope others don't follow these trends.....<br><br> :o

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:27 pm 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=15#17 date=11/01/05 at 17:10:23]<br>Yeah it sucks how they put the out of print songbooks on their so we dont have to pay $300 on e-bay for second hand copys. Fuckin' maggots.[/quote]<br><br>Excuse my ignorance - where on there are they located???<br><br>Thanks!

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:29 pm 

[quote author=PenguinInBondage link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=15#20 date=11/01/05 at 18:27:16]<br><br>Excuse my ignorance - where on there are they located???<br><br>Thanks![/quote]<br><br>http://www.zappateers.com/diapo.php?cat=18&expand=15<br><br>http://www.zappateers.com/diapo.php?cat=17&expand=15<br><br> :-X<br>

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:51 pm 

Those are easily the coolest things anyone has put on the net for musicians.  :o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:53 pm 

come to chat trendmonger.....there's people discussing bootlegs...and worse still they're thinking if sharing them. We need your help to stamp it out!

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:02 pm 

You guys might flip out (or not?) but I actually have an American version of this songbook.  It's in pretty worn condition but it's all there!  Do you think it's worth a pretty penny?<br><br>[center] ???[/center]

Image Image