Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:34 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#49 date=11/03/05 at 09:28:41] Maybe this is a way to attack me for my opinion on trading unofficial UADs. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Maybe I'll start collecting IUDs too!!! S.T.F.U. YOU ASSHAT!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:40 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#49 date=11/03/05 at 09:28:41]<br>Example: 1)<br>Start Up The Video He's watching it and he's using a Chicken To Measure It.<br><br>I mean if Dweezil Zappa had said to me Gary go ahead create a Grapevine for that video you took of my band doing G Spot Tornado would I share it with the community? Yes,  Of coarse I would. I would be happy to but that particular item is something that was documented for my personal use. I ensured Dweezil it would not be released or traded in any form. I have held up to that bargain for close to 15 years on that item. <br><br>Example 2:)<br>Shuts video and starts several Warren Cuccurullo Demos to Playing In Tongues<br><br>I'm listening to several Warrren Cuccurulo demos at this moment. Warren gave them to me personally. It is understood very clearly that this is for my personal use.<br>It should not and will not be shared, released or traded in any form. I hold up to that batgain.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>I don't think these examples are relevant or valid. If you've been asked not to trade something given to you by the artist, or promised that you wouldn't, then there would be a betrayal of trust involved. Yet, we have seen that FZ didn't mind people taping shows, as long as people didn't profit from it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:42 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#49 date=11/03/05 at 09:28:41]Enjoy the hundres of unoficcial AUDs all you want. Listen to all these Unnoficial AUDs to the point where it is permanently implanted in every emotion you ahve for all I care. <br><br>If someone enjoys listening to to Unnoficial AUDs I am not here to say they should not be enjoying them. <br><br>[/quote]<br><br>THEN SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY AND LEAVE US ALONE!!! If you want to participate.... awesome!! If you don't, then it's your loss and now just stay the fuck out of it, Columbo!!<br><br>[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#49 date=11/03/05 at 09:28:41]Do you really think Resolver and Brutality belongs out there for free trade? I don't know I just used that as an example.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Would you rather some douchebag in Europe press it and sell it as a bootleg?? SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:53 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#53 date=11/03/05 at 09:42:36]<br><br>THEN SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY AND LEAVE US ALONE!!! If you want to participate.... awesome!! If you don't, then it's your loss and now just stay the fuck out of it, Columbo!!<br><br><br>Would you rather some douchebag in Europe press it and sell it as a bootleg?? SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>JAYP you make a point that seems to continualy pop up for the reason of freely trading unofficial AUDs.<br><br>We need to beat the Bootleggers.<br><br>What if Gail decides to Officially release all 800 AUDs tomorow.<br><br>Are you going to fork over the money.<br><br><br>Are you going to ensure every JAYPfunk AUD is permanently removed from the global internet community?<br><br>Why does Zapapteers make AUDs available where official representation of audio or video exists?<br><br>JAYP cut the 4th grade crap allready. What are you so afraid of an alternative opinion?<br><br>What are you afraid of?<br><br>Opinion<br>Bootleggers<br>Lawsuits<br>Zappateers being shut down<br>Having to drop the JAYPFUNK naming convention on a seed.<br><br>Come on guy i'm not trying to attack you personally.<br><br>It just happens to be that your seed is used as an example on seeding convetions on a Zapapteers FAQ.<br><br>If you beleive in what you beleive you should stand tall and just beleive in what you beleive.<br><br>Modifying my picture in that manner is cause to bring you to court on several charges but hey I can handle a joke dude. Have you seen me reply with the childish manner. I don't think so I'mjust trying to put out an alternative opinion. It's a topic. The topic has little life as compared to that of the so called Grapevine that came out of the cave.<br><br><br>BTW have you found The Automat Glove<br><br>Also how do you like The Dub Room Special DVD?<br><br>Can't we argue this controversy intelligently without acting like 4th graders.<br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:12 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#54 date=11/03/05 at 09:53:31]<br><br>JAYP you make a point that seems to continualy pop up for the reason of freely trading unofficial AUDs.<br><br>We need to beat the Bootleggers.<br><br>What if Gail decides to Officially release all 800 AUDs tomorow.<br><br>Are you going to fork over the money.<br><br><br>Are you going to ensure every JAYPfunk AUD is permanently removed from the global internet community?<br><br>JAYP cut the 4th grade crap allready. What are you so afraid of an alternative opinion?<br><br>What are you afraid of?<br><br>Opinion<br>Bootleggers<br>Lawsuits<br>Zappateers being shut down<br>Having to drop the JAYPFUNK naming convention on a seed.<br><br>Come on guy i'm not trying to attack you personally.<br><br>It just happens to be that your seed is used as an example on seeding convetions on a Zapapteers FAQ.<br><br>If you beleive in what you beleive you should stand tall and just beleive in what you beleive.<br><br>Modifying my picture in that manner shoudl be cause to bring you to court but hey I can handle a joke dude. Have you seen me reply with the childish manner. I don't think so I'mjust trying to put out an alternative opinion. It's a topic. The topic has little life as compared to that of the so called Grapevine that came out of the cave.<br><br><br>BTW have you found The Automat Glove<br><br>Also how do you like The Dub Room Special DVD?<br><br>Can't we argue this controversy intelligently without acting like 4th graders.<br>[/quote]<br><br>You are so fucking brainwashed man.<br><br>You are attacking something I find fun for me. I enjoy ALL ASPECTS of Frank's music and will continue to seek it out in whatever way I can. It's a hobby and I enjoy it so I will defend it!!!<br><br>I happen to hate and think that grown men who participate in Fantasy Football Teams are the most retarded people on the planet!! But do I go on to the Fantasy Football Web Sites and start bashing it? No!! I let the idiots get gay with each other all they want!! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!<br>You should do the same in this situation.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:22 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#55 date=11/03/05 at 10:12:28]<br><br>You are so fucking brainwashed man.<br><br>You are attacking something I find fun for me. I enjoy ALL ASPECTS of Frank's music and will continue to seek it out in whatever way I can. It's a hobby and I enjoy it so I will defend it!!!<br><br>I happen to hate and think that grown men who participate in Fantasy Football Teams are the most retarded people on the planet!! But do I go on to the Fantasy Football Web Sites and start bashing it??? No!! I let the idiots get gay with each other all they want!! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!<br>You should do the same in this situation.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>JAYP I enjoy all aspect of Frank's work too. I am just trying to have people look and question the artistic integrity of the level that which unnoficial trading has grown too. I know a portion of that behavior is not appreciated by the artist.<br><br>As I have said there very well could be a positive spin technology with all the efforts it's just the magnitude of the unnoficial invlolvement tha makes me question it.<br><br>Dude stand tall. While it took a bold drastic statement for me to make my point in your case it is not not necessary to do do. Many people think like you on this subject. Thousands. I am just trying to make those thousands of people think about it a little. Shake The Tree. It makes sense for you to defend your policies in an adult manner if they are true and sincere. Me my opinion is out there in left field. Far from the norm.<br><br>Ike Willis and Andre Chomondeley while having some drastic viewpoint on some key Zappa issues with me are able to discuss things like adults.   <br><br>I am not expecting an official comment on bit torrenting. I am not writing this for any brownie points or whatever many people think. The relationships that I ahve with higher authorities are what they are. I am just trying to make people think about what they are doing.<br><br>Dude you have the 700 unnoficial AUDs or whatever.<br>Enjoy em man. I guess you know the difference between an official product an unnoficial one.<br><br>I would have assumed you would finacialy support all official product but at times I have wondered about that. <br>    <br><br>For a guy that has the official catalouge and 700 unnoficial AUDs I puzzles me why you are crying so much. you think you'd ba a happy guy by now with a day job at The Utility Mufin Research Kitchen.<br>I sincerely suggest that you find an icing anointment utensil gif. It's so much more becoming of your wonderful knowledge.<br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:32 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#56 date=11/03/05 at 10:22:11]<br><br>JAYP I enjoy all aspect of Frank's work too. I am just trying to have people look and question the artistic integrity of the level that which unnoficial trading has grown too. I know a portion of that behavior is not appreciated by the artist.<br><br>As I have said there very well could be a positive spin technology with all the efforts it's just the magnitude of the unnoficial invlolvement tha makes me question it.<br><br>Dude stand tall. Whiel it took a bold drastic statement for mew to make my point in your case it is not not necessary to do do. Many people think like you.<br>Thousands. I am just trying to make those thousands of people think about it alittle. Shake The Tree. It makes sense for you odefend your policies in an adult manner if they are true and sincere. Me my opinion is out there in left field. Far from the norm.<br><br>I am not expecting an official comment on bit torrenting. I am not eriting this for any brownie points or whatever many people think. i am just trying to make peole think about what they are doing.<br><br>Dude you have the 700 unnoficial AUDs or whatever.<br>Enjoy em man. I guess you know the difference between an official product an unnoficial one.<br><br>I would have assumed you would finacialy support all official product but at times I have wondered about that. <br>    <br>[/quote]<br><br>Thank You Pope Gary, The Pontiff Of Poop<br><br> ::)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:34 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#56 date=11/03/05 at 10:22:11]<br><br>Dude you have the 700 unnoficial AUDs or whatever.<br>Enjoy em man. I guess you know the difference between an official product an unnoficial one.<br><br>I would have assumed you would finacialy support all official product but at times I have wondered about that. <br>    <br>[/quote]<br><br>ME? Not buy official product? You're fucking with the state bird of New Jersey mother fucker!!<br>My Zappa collection of memrobilia including EVERYTHING is massive. DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:39 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#58 date=11/03/05 at 10:34:45]<br><br>ME? Not buy official product? You're fucking with the state bird of New Jersey mother fucker!!<br>My Zappa collection of memrobilia including EVERYTHING is massive. DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING!!![/quote]<br><br>Who was the user around here badmouthing The Dub Room Special DVD release stating they would not buy it. that they had it on VHS. Calling it a rehash?<br><br>Put out a post of 50 lines of rehash?<br><br><br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:43 am 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=45#59 date=11/03/05 at 10:39:08]<br><br>Who was the user around here badmouthing The Dub Room Special DVD release stating they would not buy it. that they had it on VHS. Calling it a rehash?<br><br>Put out a post of 50 lines of rehash?<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>I never once said I wasn't gonna buy it!! I was stating my dis-satisfaction with the particular choice for release.<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:29 am 

I think I can see Trendmonger's point here, but I don't happen to agree with its validity. You know, as great as FZ was, there are certain things about which he was just plain wrong. If you read The Real Frank Zappa book, he says that something like 80% of his guitar solos were basically crappy. Anybody here agree with him on that one? :D<br>He also was against live taping, from what I've read, because at that time people were literally paying for bootlegs of any show they could get. What Frank never recognized was that it's okay to trade copies of live recordings on a not-for-profit basis. With the advent of CDs and file sharing, that has become extremely easy. You send me a CD of Miles Davis, I send you one of John Coltrane. Total cost: 50 cents for the CD, plus postage. Total money taken out of the artist's pocket: zero.<br>The band Wilco had an instructive experience with streaming unreleased content when their Yankee Hotel Foxtrot album was leaked on the internet prior to its release. The band chose to stream the album from their own website so people could get it for free. The talking heads all said, "This will hurt sales," but the hype actually helped: when the CD was finally released, it sold 400,000 copies, making it Wilco's biggest seller. Wilco still have a policy that it's okay to tape their shows, and it hasn't hurt them one bit. The fanatics still buy all the official releases. If FZ were still around, he could have learned a valuable lesson from them.<br>The fact is, FZ was a relentless perfectionist who wanted to control his listeners' experience. In doing so, he often failed to deliver optimum versions of songs, because he was frustrated by his bandmembers' very real limitations, and so he would endlessly dick around with overdubs and splicing songs together from different tapes. But some of us like humanness, and have no problem hearing a show with Frank or Ike or Ruth making mistakes...everybody makes them occasionally, and it doesn't really detract from an otherwise excellent performance. Frank must have thought it did, though. I think he was wrong, and I don't see any problem with people trading whatever is out there, as long as you already support (or have supported) the ZFT by purchasing the official releases too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:27 am 

JAYPFUNK'S POLISHED TURD OF THE DAY<br><br>J.P.T.O.T.D.<br><br>NP:<br>06/11/1980 #1 - Paris, France - FM Broadcast<br><br>AWESOME solos on this one!! The Chunga solo is tearing the paint off my walls!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:55 pm 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=60#64 date=11/09/05 at 10:27:16]JAYPFUNK'S POLISHED TURD OF THE DAY<br><br>J.P.T.O.T.D.<br><br>NP:<br>06/11/1980 #1 - Paris, France - FM Broadcast<br><br>AWESOME solos on this one!! The Chunga solo is tearing the paint off my walls!!!!![/quote]<br>Haha this thread is turning into everything TRENDY didnt want it to be... ;D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:06 am 

JAYPFUNK'S POLISHED TURD OF THE DAY <br> <br>J.P.T.O.T.D. <br> <br>NP: <br>03-25-1988 - Uniondale, NY - AUD - From Master Tapes<br><br>This is the last Frank Zappa concert performed in the USA!!!!<br><br>Wicked Black Page solo and fantastic Stairway To Heaven w/ Dweezil.<br><br>EDIT: Very nice Sharleena solo!!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:07 am 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=60#67 date=11/10/05 at 11:53:11]<br><br>And 2+2=4, right?<br>[/quote]<br><br>1+1 is 11, 2+2 is 22<br><br>Disco Boy=Cocksucker<br><br>WTF are you talking about assfuck?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:25 am 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=60#69 date=11/10/05 at 12:17:51]<br><br>Figure it out, genius.<br>[/quote]<br><br>You are 100% Pure Canadian Cunt!<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:31 am 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=60#71 date=11/10/05 at 13:24:13]<br><br>You are 100% Pure American Hick!<br>[/quote]<br><br>whatever, jizz gargler!! your 2+2=4 post is still stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:42 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=concerts;num=1130865933;start=60#73 date=11/10/05 at 13:41:33]<br><br>So, you still didn't get it, then?<br>[/quote]<br><br>nope. it's too stupid to comprehend!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next