Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:05 pm 

ROBERT_CROWE wrote:
Dear Ronny, thank you for the apology, but it's not me you should be apologising to ?
Best Wishes,
Robert

You're kidding, right?

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject: Gibson guitar tribute
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:50 pm 

Look Ronny, l'm not fucking kidding, l only want to talk about the gibson tribute guitar, not get into some petty squabble with some disrespectful asshole, now if you want to talk about the guitar, fine, if not go fuck with someone who is prepared to put up with shit, because l'm NOT.
Am l getting through to your one brain-cell ??
Don't bother to reply , because l'm finished with you buddy, and l have an album to record.
Mr. Crowe.

Robert Crowe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:55 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:31 am 

ROBERT_CROWE wrote:
Look Ronny, l'm not fucking kidding, l only want to talk about the gibson tribute guitar, not get into some petty squabble with some disrespectful asshole, now if you want to talk about the guitar, fine, if not go fuck with someone who is prepared to put up with shit, because l'm NOT.
Don't bother to reply , because l'm finished with you buddy, and l have an album to record.
Mr. Crowe.

It was just a joke man. Compare my posts to yours.... Who's disrespectful? You can't just control a thread. You can't decide who wants to say what. I suggest you take a deep breath, and talk about the guitar if that's what you want to do. I'll also remind you that it was YOU who attacked me out of nowhere. Again, it was just a joke.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:47 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
ROBERT_CROWE wrote:
Mr. Crowe.

It was just a joke man. Compare my posts to yours.... Who's disrespectful? You can't just control a thread. You can't decide who wants to say what. I suggest you take a deep breath, and talk about the guitar if that's what you want to do. I'll also remind you that it was YOU who attacked me out of nowhere. Again, it was just a joke.

Or he should apologize to that Dweezle guy (who the hell is he?) or that "fuck" Gibson company. :)

Post subject: Gibson guitar tribute
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:32 am 

(yawn)

Robert Crowe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:24 am 

Petie wrote:
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I interviewed Dweezil for Mixdown magazine here in Australia about 6 weeks before the Oz ZPZ shows, and he said this guitar was still in the planning stages.

I would be happily shocked if this project indeed reached fruition. The only scenario I can imagine this happenning is if ZPZ starts to catch on with a wider guitar audience. By this I mean that the Dweeze starts to get enough recognition of the Vai/Inwie/Satriani type that ZPZ has to start playing larger venues. Then, the Zappa name becomes more marketable and there's a crowd demanding the SG "signature" if you will. It's hard to believe Gibson is gonna spring for it without a decent return on their effort.

Post subject: Gibson tribute sg ?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:26 am 

Thanks for sharing your views..l've given up waiting for Gibson to get their "Act" together, so l'm have a Zappa sg copy "copy" made to my own specifications. If Gibson do make one l'll buy one. l just can't be bothered
to hang around, waiting for other people to get their shit together.
Hears hoping...
Robert.

Robert Crowe

Post subject: Capacitors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:38 pm 

Hi
I am new here and I would like to if anyone knows if FZ had standard 0.022uF value capacitors in his SG's or something else? I was reading on another forum that he had a 0.1uF on the back pup.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Capacitors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:38 pm 

EL34 wrote:
Hi
I am new here and I would like to if anyone knows if FZ had standard 0.022uF value capacitors in his SG's or something else? I was reading on another forum that he had a 0.1uF on the back pup.

Thanks

Yes....... what working voltage and tolerance would you like?
PM me....... :wink:
G.C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:24 am 

I think it would be cool if you could download the wiring specs and all other info about how it was made for a nominal price (say 5 bucks to buy the wiring pdf) and then just have someone build it for you.

(of course I am sure the ZFT would charge much more but you get the jizt)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:31 pm 

Free of charge.......... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:35 am 

One mo' time again for conceptual continuity, since this topic has sprung up before (and not that long ago)...

swiftkicknow wrote:
ZappaIrl wrote:
what do you all think?

I think it would be a list price of nothing less than $6,500 based on the other Gibson signature models currently out there of simple Les Pauls with famous people's names attached to them (like Slash, Joe Perry, Zack Wilde, etc.) I think the Angus Young SG lists for "only" $4,000 or so, but that's basically a production model '61 reissue with not much different done to it. Gibson is disgusting.

Quote:
would you buy one?

Hell no! No fucking way. Would I like one? Sure... why not. It would be cool to have. I'd play the shit out of it if it was in my house. I'd never lay out the kind of dough Greedy Gibson would demand, though. Even if I could buy it at dealer cost for half of the retail price I wouldn't lay out that much money for it. No way. I couldn't drop that kind of cash on a guitar if I wanted to.

my suggestion to "normal people" is buy an Epiphone G-400 (which is a Korean Gibson SG that's nice) and just use whatever effects you want on the floor instead of spending the time, effort and expense of stuffing them in the guitar. Do it all for a tiny fraction of the cost and still get very similar results.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=g-400

This is assuming you are a player who is actually wanting to play a guitar and not just some schmuck who wants to buy a $6,500 'wall hanging/conversation piece' to try to make yourself seem cool by association.

If there are any schmucks out there from Camp 2, I can sell you a thoroughly burned up Stratocaster for an astronomical sum, complete with a bogus certificate of authenticity suitable for framing. They'll look great hanging on your wall or in your glass case. PM me for details.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:10 pm 

Hello folks,ok here we go again.. Ok say Gibson make a Zappa s.g."copy" replica ? well, they would start with s.g, special body, add a special neck
with ONE extra fret, add an ebony fretboard, a few cosmetic inlays on the fretboard such as the star marker, add a two piece maple top. (inlaid veneer) All this is no big deal for the Gibson Custom shop to do right?
Then...all they have to do is fit a 3-band on-board parametric eq circuit,
and a 9 volt on-board pre-amp, ( something Gibson have fitted to other guitars...a friend owns a Les-Paul Custom supplied with the same electric specs.) again no big deal for Gibson to do. This Zappa Tribute S.G. would not be a big hassle for Gibson to do at all. l don't know what all the fuss is about ? The only thing is... that a lot of well-meaning people have quite rightly pointed out is that Gibson CHARGE TOO MUCH for their products.
Now l for one have been playing electric guitar for 30 years, and l play to a fairly high standard (fucking good lol) on a professional basis, so l would welcome a Zappa Tribute S.G. at a FAIR price. if Gibson make for a fair price,l'll buy one.
Meanwhile l'm having a Gibson S.G. special, taken apart and re-built as my own version of a Zappa "copy" S.G. l payed £400 for the basic guitar,
and l'm spending £350 having it converted. So for me..problem solved.
l hope l've been of some help.
Best wishes to all,
Robert Crowe.
www.eclectric-records.com :lol:

Robert Crowe

Post subject: Zappa tribute s.g guitar
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:17 pm 

P.S. One option of course would be that the Z.F.T. scout round for a smaller, less greedy company, and commission them to produce a Zappa tribute s.g."copy" at a fair price ?
Robert.

Robert Crowe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:59 pm 

Quote:
l've commissioned a guitar maker to build me a Zappa s.g. So fuck Gibson.

Quote:
Meanwhile l'm having a Gibson S.G. special, taken apart and re-built as my own version of a Zappa "copy" S.G.

Quote:
l'm have a Zappa sg copy "copy" made to my own specifications.

Did I hear you say you're have an S.G. built? :roll:

Post subject: Zappa tribute s.g.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:31 am 

Yes, l did have one made before, but l wasn't happy with the neck & it kept going out of tune., so l sold it. The reason l'm using a Gibson special,
is that the neck on a special doesn't have binding on the fretboard edges,thus enabling my LUTHIER the fit a new fret board with an extra fret which is easier and cheaper than having a whole guitar made, l thought my mentioning this project may be of some HELP. Sure l said "Fuck Gibson" l was talking about their policies and high prices, not the guitars.
Does that answer your boring little question that implies that l'm talking shit ? good, l'm so pleased. (yawn)
Do you have anything HELPFULL to say about this topic, or are YOU full of shit !
Robert Crowe

Robert Crowe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:33 am 

Yaaaaaaawwwwnnnnnnnn

Post subject: Re: Zappa tribute s.g.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:13 pm 

ROBERT_CROWE wrote:
Does that answer your boring little question that implies that l'm talking shit ? good, l'm so pleased. (yawn)
Do you have anything HELPFULL to say about this topic, or are YOU full of shit !
Robert Crowe

Sorry. I mean no harm. It's just that it's soooo damn easy. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:33 am 

Hello, Is there anyone in the London area who plays keyboards interested in playing on my new album. Applicants must be up to grade 8 at least.
Contact me at;
WWW.ECLECTRIC-RECORDS.COM
Thank you,
Robert.

Robert Crowe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:51 pm 

Is it ridiculous to propose that Epiphone do the guitar that is the subject of all the controversy?
I have an Epi Les Paul that is tight and fine. They also do an SG, although it is less $ than a LP.
Anyway, hate to see all the bickering.

Slackerprince

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:07 am 

It would be interesting if Gibson made one, but I probably couldn't afford it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:52 am 

Duh, like, yeh, like if Gibson made one duh l er, couldn't afford one as well duh. HELLO ! have you READ what people had already said on 2 fucking pages on this topic, or are you asleep ? :roll:

Robert Crowe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:21 am 

Jeez, you're kind of an asshole, aren't you?
It's just some friendly dialogue about a guitar.
Chill-out, mate.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:01 am 

Yes you're right, l'm a complete asshole, l've got no idea what l'm talking about, you're obviously a complete expert on this topic, so we would all love to hear your views on all the technical aspects we have been discussing. Once again l apologize for being an asshole.

Robert Crowe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next