Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:31 am 

I just think your tone and remarks are a little excessive.
You're probably an o.k. guy, but a little wound-up about
a speculative topic.
Take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:08 pm 

You're right Slacker. He's an asshole. He's the kind who attacks people out of the blue and then gets all arrogant when people call him on it. And, did you know he's MAKING AN ALBUM? :mrgreen: The guy's a dick from the get-go.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:31 pm 

I'm more interested in Zappa than your little flame war.

Whatever...I join the board, make a few posts and within a few minutes I've found a net kook.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:31 pm 

Right Ronnie, and that makes you a really cool guy right?
This site sucks.

Robert Crowe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:16 pm 

You know what to do, then.
Good luck with your album.
We'll miss you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:27 pm 

"l 'm quite happy to upset people who ENJOYED getting upet" Frank Zappa.
"If someone is being unreasonable l'll deal with that person" Frank Zappa.
"Yes l know what to do, simply stop toying with you guys and get on with my work.l bear you no ill-will" Robert Crowe.

Robert Crowe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:13 pm 

ROBERT_CROWE wrote:
Right Ronnie, and that makes you a really cool guy right?
This site sucks.

RC, when you attack people for making simple, reasonable posts, this is what happens.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:28 pm 

It really does not matter if Gibson make a FZ guitar, because any Gibson that Zappa owned progressively lost its identity because the great man was more interested in making something appropiate for his moment, the 'when it is' that he identified.

If you want a Signature Frank Zappa Guitar then get enough information and have one made by a Luthier for you like a Savile Row suit.

It will be guaranteed to be cheaper than $6500

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

Post subject: I'm with ronnie
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:39 pm 

I dont see zft getting their act together long enough to make a deal like that go down.

It'll be standard cease and disist order... No use of frank's name... I'm surprised they didnt copyright that name. I tried to name my newborn frank, but I got a cease and disist order from gail and zft.

I'm gonna get one for writing this trash.

Post subject: gibson
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:10 pm 

I'm sorry I strayed off topic with that last one, I'll aplolgize a little here(diggs for the brown lipstick). I mean no disrespect to zft or gail or Dweezil(who I respect immensely), I just have been waiting for YEARS for the release of the swiss/fire beat the boots release, and the zft(and frank himself) sat on all that material forever and did nothing with it. we still wouldnt have it if it werent for the boots. Let me tell you, the live thing is where its at, and that was my favorite 'boot' long before I knew what the show was and the history behind it. Some of my favorite recordings are zappa shows that are 'boots' but not released.... the last two years, the family could make gobs of money selling the shows (multiple) that I went to and loved. I would buy every one, but nobody is doing anything like that.

On to the Gibson. I would love to see a Zappa sg, but I dont think (If the folklore I've heard is true) that zappas sg wasnt gibson, but hand made by a luthier. If thats true, but gibson still kept to the original dimensions, I would buy one when the prices went down a bit/found one used. A great guitar would be worth $3000. I just dont know if I would pay $3000 for an sg, no matter who's name is on it.

Honestly? Fuck the gibson, and service Franks fans in the best way you can. With music. Let me buy more of it. A lot more of it. I want full shows... I want to support you with $9-10 per show mp3s or $12-13 per show flacs. I think they should be available within a few weeks of the shows, and start opening up Franks old catalog for purchase. One show or two shows per week. You may lose a FEW dollars on pirating and mp3 trading in p2ps, but look the bands who dont charge anything for the audience recordings, but still make a killing on the studio albums, and the sbd master releases. You would do 2 very important things. Make your fans happy, and expand your fanbase by a billion people. Lots of happy fans buy lots and lots of stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:38 pm 

fuck gibson, what about the guy in phoenix who made frank's, he still around ¿ anyway, it's on the gw dvd this month, with electronics & shit bulging out the fucking back:

couple different kinda fuzz things ¿
octavia/fuzz distortion [green ringer]
coil tapping [brian mayz style out of phase things]
pickup selelction
other eq functions

7's for high-e strings

etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:56 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
fuck gibson, what about the guy in phoenix who made frank's, he still around ¿ anyway, it's on the gw dvd this month, with electronics & shit bulging out the fucking back:

couple different kinda fuzz things ¿
octavia/fuzz distortion [green ringer]
coil tapping [brian mayz style out of phase things]
pickup selelction
other eq functions

7's for high-e strings

etc etc

Rex Bogue:

http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/Dave/mclaughlin/art/rex.html

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/the ... l-06/21622

http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/Shut ... our_Guitar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:20 pm 

r.i.p. mr. b; he's probably tweaking some form of cosmik guitar for zappa right now;

did he have a son ¿ ... bogue builds bogue

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:29 am 

diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:

It will be guaranteed to be cheaper than $6500

You must of dreamt that price
It looks like the Gibson FZ SG is going too finally happen,Check it out the first three list guitars are out and a UK price tag is near too what is said there.Some seem late though they got the Peter Townsend SG done and the price is near.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:14 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:49 pm 

A friend (at least I think he's still a friend) told me that Gibson doesn't make them as well as they used to.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:02 am 

Your friend that ain't saying alot :D

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:35 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Then they complain about the Amazon...

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:17 pm 

All of UK for a start was full of trees once upon a time why do you think They care about the Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:29 am 

SG replica:
http://www.phantom-guitars.de/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=115

Strat replica (for some reason without pictures at the moment):
http://www.phantom-guitars.de/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=102

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:51 pm 

Thinman wrote:
looks alot wrong never seen those tuners(machine heads) on FZ's only Fender or look like fender silver On BBSNX.The back of body looks ruff barn saw not sanded tidy though.roll bridge Not on FZ's tune o matic come in handy though for fitting with a bigsby for keeping in tune puposes.Mirror pick guard i dont think so.The star on 5fret star looks lopsided the sea creature on the twelfth fret looks a joke White dot not on 23fret.Also Gibson had Dweezils bless and well knowing of the Electronics plus Gibson be wanting 2000 less Euros. :P

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:29 pm 

Cleon, I guess you play guitar or something? Why must you come on so heavy? Is it to make up for the fact that you can't play worth a shit?

Now they just need to make a replica of Zappa's brain so all these wannabe's can actually do something with their guitars.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:43 pm 

cleon wrote:
Thinman wrote:
looks alot wrong never seen those tuners(machine heads) on FZ's only Fender or look like fender silver On BBSNX.The back of body looks ruff barn saw not sanded tidy though.roll bridge Not on FZ's tune o matic come in handy though for fitting with a bigsby for keeping in tune puposes.Mirror pick guard i dont think so.The star on 5fret star looks lopsided the sea creature on the twelfth fret looks a joke White dot not on 23fret.Also Gibson had Dweezils bless and well knowing of the Electronics plus Gibson be wanting 2000 less Euros. :P

yn edrych yn lot o'i le nas gwelwyd erioed o'r rhai tuners (penaethiaid peiriant) ar FZ yn Fender yn unig neu edrych fel arian Troseddwyr Ar ôl BBSNX.The o gorff yn edrych nid yn gwelodd Ruff ysgubor sandio bont though.roll thaclus Ddim ar FZ ar alaw o matic dod yn ddefnyddiol ar gyfer gosod er gyda Bigsby am gadw mewn tiwn puposes.Mirror codi gard fi dont meddwl seren so.The ar 5fret seren yn edrych lopsided y creadur môr ar y deuddegfed ffret yn edrych yn jôc nid Gwyn dot ar 23fret.Also Gibson wedi Dweezils fendithio a lles gwybod y electroneg yn ogystal Gibson yn cael ei eisiau 2000 Euros llai

No. Still makes no sense.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:54 pm 

diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
cleon wrote:
Thinman wrote:

yn edrych yn lot o'i le nas gwelwyd erioed o'r rhai tuners (penaethiaid peiriant) ar FZ yn Fender yn unig neu edrych fel arian Troseddwyr Ar ôl BBSNX.The o gorff yn edrych nid yn gwelodd Ruff ysgubor sandio bont though.roll thaclus Ddim ar FZ ar alaw o matic dod yn ddefnyddiol ar gyfer gosod er gyda Bigsby am gadw mewn tiwn puposes.Mirror codi gard fi dont meddwl seren so.The ar 5fret seren yn edrych lopsided y creadur môr ar y deuddegfed ffret yn edrych yn jôc nid Gwyn dot ar 23fret.Also Gibson wedi Dweezils fendithio a lles gwybod y electroneg yn ogystal Gibson yn cael ei eisiau 2000 Euros llai

No. Still makes no sense.

What don't Asshole :D

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:04 pm 

Rydych yn gwybod beth rydych yn ydych yn Arschloch

Last edited by diplomaticpermissiondeepi on Sun May 20, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next