Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:26 pm 

[quote author=Sabby link=board=faq;num=1032129445;start=135#148 date=02/15/04 at 05:24:04]<br><br>...  Do we follow everything Frank had to say or did, or do we think for ourselves?<br><br>Sab<br>[/quote]<br><br>In this forum, I figure the odds be 50-50.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:13 am 

[left]Image[/left]Even animals have their own special way of putting a stop to irritating behavior. See how this horse let's the man with the branding iron know that he is not appreciated.<br>http://www.bobandtom.com/av/branded.mpeg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:12 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=faq;num=1032129445;start=150#156 date=04/21/04 at 19:43:03]<br><br>Let's just cook him up and eat him.<br>[/quote]<br><br>or make some glue<br> ::)<br>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:24 pm 

I only eat roadkill so I think  it's ok to have meat when it's already dead.    ;D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:40 am 

[quote author=FLAM link=board=faq;num=1032129445;start=150#160 date=12/31/05 at 19:24:04]I only eat roadkill so I think  it's ok to have meat when it's already dead.    ;D[/quote]<br>Some people,not many,will not eat potatoes because of the 'violence' associated with the forceful pulling of the potato from the ground.Say you were a vegetarian in a foreign country were nobody knew who you were & you were falsely accused of a crime & thrown into jail where the food had meat...Would you fast to death if your people took a long time in getting you out? Or would you merely subside on bread & water?-I have tried the meatless diet.But fish was included...Nowadays I like to steer away from cow meat.I think you become STUPID when you're eating cow meat everyday.And the powers that be... want that.Yet i must confess,once a month, I still like ground sirlion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:36 am 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:15 pm 

I take it you are a vegetarian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:13 pm 

I met a Vegan once who was wearing a leather jacket, belt and boots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:11 am 
Banned

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I take it you are a vegetarian

This July will mark my 10th year of not eating anything with a face. I'm not a vegan. I'm a vegetarian who doesn't eat any type of meat, poultry, or fish. I won't eat any food containing meat derivatives, chicken fat, or beef and chicken broths. I won't even eat gelatin because it can contain animal hooves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:06 am 

You know it is proven that our friends in the vegetable kingdom have feelings, and respond to music,as it affects growth. But sounds like you are happy, I for one am a junk food vegetarian, lunch was, a, peanut butter&banana sandy fried in canola oil, with giant olives stuffed with habaneros

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:16 pm 
Banned

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
You know it is proven that our friends in the vegetable kingdom have feelings, and respond to music,as it affects growth. But sounds like you are happy, I for one am a junk food vegetarian, lunch was, a, peanut butter&banana sandy fried in canola oil, with giant olives stuffed with habaneros

I just now finished a Trader Joe's Vegetable Masala Burger with authentic Indian spices, topped with cole slaw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:30 pm 

I had 5 Oktoberfest Sausages, for supper. Plus 10 grape-tomatos (wouldn't want to be accused of favouratism!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:54 am 

You guys in Canada know how to eat, I also eat meat ,and love sausage. Is your bacon like what they call Canadian bacon in the states?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:17 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
You guys in Canada know how to eat, I also eat meat ,and love sausage. Is your bacon like what they call Canadian bacon in the states?

We have "regular" bacon, but what I think you are referring to is called back-bacon up here. It's thicker, correct? Excellent on pizza! :)

Note: I've always felt I was born with these four, rather pointy teeth, stuck in with the rest, for a reason. Proud to be a carnivour!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:51 pm 

YEA.. back bacon, I pay twice as much for it over regular bacon, Ilove it ,,pork fat is were it's at!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:43 pm 

I've been a vegetarian for ages. Stopped eating dairy and anything containing dairy about 12 months ago now. It was hard to stop eating things like cheese, and butter initially, but now I feel these foods are far too rich for me. I couldn't stand to have cows milk in my tea or coffee, or on cereal, it tastes as strange to me as soya milk would to a non vegan. I have to admit, I feel so much better with no dairy in my diet. I've grown up very aware of vegetarianism, as Mum hasn't eaten meat for 34 years. So, when I decided to stop eating meat aged 15, (about 18 years ago), it wasn't an issue at home. I stuck at the Veggie way for 8 years and then had a phase of eating meat again for a very short period, only to discover I didn't like it. Not because I disliked the taste, because I did. I just couldn't enjoy my food knowing it used to have a face and be running around a farmyard somewhere.
There's no way on this earth that anyone would ever persuade me to start eating meat or dairy again. I ate cheese by accident recently (which had been used in some mashed potato) and it actually made me feel sick (that's not me being dramatic, my system just didn't like it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:49 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
YEA.. back bacon, I pay twice as much for it over regular bacon, Ilove it ,,pork fat is were it's at!

noticed today at work that ham was in both the quiche and empanada (items we have with different filling every day). Also some prosciutto got fried up (I know) for the lunch special.
Everybody kept coming into the kitchen saying 'What smells so good?"
So, of course I started saying, "The thing about Jesus was that his shit really DIDN'T stink. In fact, it smelled like bacon. THAT'S why he had so many followers."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:39 pm 

I'll settle for a hot dog any day,,,,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next