Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:08 pm 

[quote author=Studebaker link=board=faq;num=1069128287;start=45#48 date=09/22/05 at 10:36:16]I think "Trendmonger" and 'trendm0nger' are two different users.[/quote]<br><br>Mr. Studabaker you are indeed correct.<br><br>I was born and bread one of NYC Finest Crazy Type People.<br><br>I live about a mile from Lefrak City which Frank talks to Warren about in The YEllow Snow Suite from YCDTOSA Vol 1.<br><br>I've browsed quite a few of  Trendm0nger with a 0 posts over the years and this is not the first time nor will it be the last where people have confused the two users.<br><br>I guess the other guy likes the concept just as much as I and when creating his user ID had to resort to spelling it with a 0 so his UserID would be accepted.<br><br>When I bowled in grammar school back in the early 70s the name I used was  PIPCO ( I may have had a trophy with PIPCO on it. "PIPCO" High Game - I think)but once Studio Tan was released I have always had a fondness for Trendmongers Inc.<br><br>  

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:12 pm 

[quote author=floss link=board=faq;num=1069128287;start=45#47 date=09/22/05 at 10:34:05]I thought you said:<br><br> Hey ... you did! [/quote]<br><br>I was a single man when Frank left for his final tour.<br>No worries for I am sure you could find plenty of Grammar errors on my part if you want to start picking my threads apart.<br><br>I highly doubt you will find miss-information regarding any Zappa related thread of mine. I attempt to be fair and honest as much as I can and hold true to my respect for Frank and the ZFT.<br><br><br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:58 am 

My sincere apologies to both Trendies - especially to Trendy small "o" since it was his memory I called into question.<br><br>"The tour never ends" .... hmmmmmm .... actually the [size=0](ZPZ 2005)[/size] tour never starts.   ;D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:53 am 

I was living in a back room in a hotel downtown San Francisco on Sutter Street.First year of a two-year vacation from music.Instead, pursuing camcording streets of San Francisco.Ran into an old musician -buddy from years before-&-he informed me of Zappa's death around ten days after it happened.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:41 pm 

I was 2 when this happened. <br><br>I'm glad that I have a memory from a time when he was still alive. I was at my church randomly putting stickers on boxes...don't know why it stuck (the memory)...<br><br>I would be devestated if I were to experience the day of his death as an older, more avid fan...<br><br>he's made an impact, but today's society seems to have recovered from FZ's insight...what was he, 53 when he died?!  :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:48 pm 

If you're sad, look at this situation as a whole...we're all gonna rot sooner or later. You don't have any mortal privileges that FZ didn't have. There...no reason to be sad now

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:23 pm 

[quote author=Cranky_Viola link=board=faq;num=1069128287;start=45#55 date=10/26/05 at 21:48:05]If you're sad, look at this situation as a whole...we're all gonna rot sooner or later. You don't have any mortal privileges that FZ didn't have. There...no reason to be sad now[/quote]<br>Man, that has soooo cheered me up about the whole darn shootin' match!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:45 am 

Regarding this subject, as my little two cents tribute to the life and work of Zappa, I will be doing a two hour show, with just his music, on December 3rd, follow the links below....Hoping Ill do it live, then we can all get involved and have a blast playing great music for two hours, but if I have to record it, you can be sure that it will be varied and span his entire works.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:50 am 

good man pappa<br>we did uncle remus and trouble every day<br>we never cover anyone<br>i remeber being just sick when zappa took off for his last our<br>i can vaguely remember it ...the news..and speaking to friends<br>it was as if i lost a limb<br>he did more in his short period than most wankers did in centuries

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:53 pm 

I was 3 years old..

Got Me Wrong

Into The Void

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:05 pm 

I was at work, when I heard it on the radio...<br><br>...the rest of the day... a blur<br><br><br>IB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:28 pm 

My wife was pregnant with our eldest son during 1993 and I was enrolled and up to my eyes in some post grad computer science and sociology courses. Euan was born on Nov 1st 1993 at home and then I was up to my eyes in his birth, the ensuing nappies and the interrupted nights and so on. I had very little time for my own music at that point let alone FZ's.<br><br>At the time I couldn't keep up with the progress of his illness and was deeply upset when hearing about his death but as I said, I was up to my eyes in a birth that my wife and I were both very happy about and that seemed to go part of the way to balancing things out. I've been missing FZ like hell but I'm a lucky bastard and in the mean time I've had a lot to be thankful for.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:06 pm 

I was in Sierra Leone. Not sure exactly where when he died as it took a bit before I found out, but when I did I bought a huge container of palm wine and a five packs of cigarettes for anyone from the village that wanted to stop by and join me for a Shut Up and Play Your Guitar marathon out of a crappy boom box.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:33 am 

Life goes better with Coke.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:16 am 

I don't know because I was only six months old then ...  :o

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:00 am 

[quote author=gabo link=board=faq;num=1069128287;start=60#66 date=12/28/05 at 17:28:02]<br><br>If there's one thing that i regret in life is that i was born in an era that did not permit me to see uncle frank live. :'([/quote]<br><br>I'll second that sentiment!   :(<br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:31 pm 

[quote author=aquabot link=board=faq;num=1069128287;start=60#68 date=12/29/05 at 12:02:12]<br><br>So will I. :'(<br>[/quote]<br>same here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:25 pm 

I was watching the morning news. They showed a picture of Frank, and even before the anchor said anything, I knew he had passed away. :'(<br>  (I had seen that last painful interview on WNBC.<br>and I knew Frank wouldn't be around much longer.<br> I knew it was coming, but I was still in shock. )

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:35 pm 

We were in bed watching TV and thinking of names for our 1st born about to to be born soon..so naturally our 11 year old is named Franky !We did not want to name him after a drug addict like jerry garcia.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:04 pm 

in bed for a changewhen i got up my old girle(mother)told me frank had died and boy i was really gutted no joke more like depession  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next