Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:39 am 
Banned

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
thepoodlebites wrote:
...Why do you come to this forum? ...

because of a guy named frank, anyone else is a distant 2nd...there's way too much zpz/dweezil content on this forum, 99.9% of the negativity here originates from one asshole who just doesn't get it, who doesn't have respect for fz or his long-time fans, who never saw a good Zappa show, has nothing positive or original to offer, zero sense of humor, embarrassing lack of proficiency in English etc etc etc

there's only one fz, all others are Sears

true-true-TRUE

This forum was a much friendlier place, prior to the formation of ZPZ.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:58 am 

jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
... Zappa ... English ... Sears

true-true-TRUE

for the record; upper case letters by jimmie d

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 am 
Banned

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

true-true-TRUE

I corrected an embarrassing typo, too. I didn't think you'd mind. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

true-true-TRUE

I corrected an embarrassing typo, too. I didn't think you'd mind. :wink:

I dunno jimmie, don't go messing around with slime's Artistic Intent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:34 am 

I don't know. I guess the Forum will be less and less lively as time goes by. It is inevitable. Some dies, some move on, fewer and fewer find fun in debating particulars of some solo.

It is indeed the way of life. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:48 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
thepoodlebites wrote:

because of a guy named frank, anyone else is a distant 2nd...there's way too much zpz/dweezil content on this forum, 99.9% of the negativity here originates from one asshole who just doesn't get it, who doesn't have respect for fz or his long-time fans, who never saw a good Zappa show, has nothing positive or original to offer, zero sense of humor, embarrassing lack of proficiency in English etc etc etc

true-true-TRUE

You write as if you have never held a job in the real world. TWO forums? Silly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:00 pm 
Banned

warlarsen wrote:

Just what the world needs.........
.........another presumptuous forum member. :roll:

Would you care to elucidate your comment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:37 pm 
Banned

How about if he lubricates it instead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:01 pm 

Now THAT would be a smooth talker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:42 pm 

I could make a better message board than this, but I'm too lazy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:10 pm 

My God
I can't believe I have to defend myself.

View the Holy Grail!
Think of Frank when you Inhale

Case in Point
ZPZ = Unexpected Perfection
============================================

Extrapolation of
Lyle Workman's Inhale

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:58 pm 

Join the march and eat my starch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:06 pm 

1st, thanks to all for the spelling correction, [lame excuse]this fucking hand-held device puts me at a disadvantage while typing out a post using that fucking stylus[/lame excuse]; it appeared that my upper case filtering software was fucking up when jimmie's quote showed up

the above post [inhale¿¿ wtf] is yet another example of the spamming viral negativity infecting this forum due to one pissant poster's relentless in-your-face attuitude... grow the fuck up, chump; how many spam threads did you start today, cunt, half-a dozen or more; how many casual guest readers and newbie members of this forum, or potential new frank zappa fans hit the back button and decided it was too hostile to bother

this forum was the best place on the internet, celebrating the music and the man named frank zappa; anyone's opinion is valid, anyone's counter to that opinion is valid, nobody's gonna agree with everything posted by everyone; we want to hear it all without worrying about offending anyone or having to wade thru the redundant garbage that spews forth from one dickheaded spammer

we used to be able to discuss, argue, bitchslap, slam and agree or disagree with anything anyone posts, there were occasional escalations of emotions, but they would invariably resolve themselves within a few days, weeks, or maybe longer on the rare occasion; some memorable & entertaining posting wars [disco boy, jimmie d, drool, catpuke, isaac, the other member called trendm0nger, clem, jaypfunk, mij, mungo, mattie to name a few], some would flame out & not be heard from again, 98% would just carry on, no hard feelings, life's too short to get permanently worked up; bitching and moaning about gail was part of the territory, the point was made, occasionally beaten to death, but in the end, the controversy died out, dropped in the dirt and on to the next topic

the previous forum [yabb] didn't have any polls like this one does, but there still were endless non-poll topics about favorites, bests, worsts etc. nobody gave them a second thought - they either jumped in or stayed out some consider zpz a good cover band, most consider zpz just another cover band, some are totally bored, some like them a lot, some don't really give a fuck... all but one insists on ranking zpz up with frank zappa

they're ok in my book, nothing special, not worth bashing, but to compare any zappa cover band to frank zappa is an insult; that fucking guy, just by walking out on stage, could take my breath away, and when he picked up his fucking guitar, it was absolutely heart-stopping, didn't even have to pick one note...all he had to do was grab the mic, say hello and we were owned; the stage presence, charisma and confidence he radiated is so far beyond what anyone can offer today it's a fucking joke... nothing personal to anyone here, just my opinion, which, like an asshole, every one has, some are bigger than others, they all weigh the same ... btw there is no need to ever post something that includes imo or imho; that's a given on a bulletin board or forum

gail ultimately runs this forum, she read the insults, complaints, whining, bashing and takes it in stride; does she censor or delete those kinda posts ¿.. no fucking way [with very very very few exceptions], she doesn't even blink twice

to this here frank zappa freak, one solid riff of a frank zappa solo is more enjoyable than all the solos played on guitar by all the guitarist in the history of the world since that fucking instrument was invented, guaranteed goosebumps every fucking time, when you add video to the audio, it's the ultimate [just watch zoot allures from dhbim]

btw, cunt, lexolo rocks, you fucking spambot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm 

excellent post, slimester....even if it was on a hand-held device. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:33 am 

Well said Slime, and I'm glad you said it because you don't often say much, but he's beyond any kind of reason, I'm sure he's at home right now, planning how to misinterpret what you've said.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:47 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
thepoodlebites wrote:

true-true-TRUE

I only know the post-ZPZ forum, so I have no frame of reference but I believe you.

Seriously, Trendmonger aside, what the fuck is it about ZPZ that brings out the fascism in this place???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:09 am 

warlarsen wrote:

Just what the world needs.........
.........another presumptuous forum member. :roll:

Would you care to elucidate your comment?

A poor chocie of words (mine). I got the impression that there was a call for a division of forums between FZ & ZPZ. It just seems like an unnecessary expense. That's all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:26 pm 

feetlightup wrote:
I dunno jimmie, don't go messing around with slime's Artistic Intent.

Hahaha excellent :lol:

--

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
the above post [inhale¿¿ wtf] is yet another example (...)

Excellent post, Mr. Slime. I think it probably reflects the thoughts of a lot of us here, IMHO of course :wink:

However, it takes two to tango, they say... I think every forum, in a way, has the trolls it deserves. I cannot help cringing every time I see yet another post:

- by him, indulging into his usual antics, yet conspicuously urging lots of people to try, again, to reason with him, insult him, make fun of him, etc., ultimately making his annoying diatribes stay on top of the forums (Prime Time Trolling);

- by others, prompting him to indulge into his usual yada yada etc. etc.;

- by others, with the sole purpose of addressing this person (as if we didn't have enough of him already).

I am not telling anyone what to write about. I am not telling Trendmonger what to write about. But then, why complain? Before writing my first post, I spent some time lurking and getting used to the place. I quickly learnt that his posts (all over the forum) were not worth it to me. As a matter of fact, I kept reading some of them to see how people reacted (his actual writing bores me to death more often than not) because I couldn't believe he managed to get so much attention with so little said.

I still may check a few as they can be fun... yeah... in the same twisted way that bad mental health can be fun. The very same way. You know, there's nothing wrong with that. But if everyone really wanted his stuff to go, all they would need to do is ignore him enough. It's pretty evident that a lof of people do not want it to go.

Face it, folks, you can't reason with him. He's not stupid, he just doesn't want to. So there's no point. He states his Truth, writes a lot of garbage about composer intent in such a mechanical way that I really doubt he has any clue of what he's talking about, and then blames everyone who disagrees and calls him a Lesser FZ Fan. The Dialectics of Troller Play.

I know sometimes it's hard to help the urge to tell someone they're full of shit. Oh I know. But as it goes, this doesn't even look like a ZPZ Forum as someone claimed. This looks like a Trendmonger forum. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:38 pm 
Banned

FYI:

This is an excerpt from a comment posted in an unrelated thread today.

I'm reposting it here in hopes that it will reach more eyes in this thread.

gz wrote:
I am 2 steps shy of taking it [the forum] down altogether because of the insistence of some people in "COMMUNICATING" their lust for self-importance and willingness to use any excuse available to abuse of their fellows. I am not interested in moderating behavior but this Forum, here, should be a nice place to visit for any fan, especially those that wipe their feet at the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 pm 

FYI:

gz wrote:
I am 2 steps shy of taking it [the forum] down altogether because of the insistence of some people in "COMMUNICATING" their lust for self-importance and willingness to use any excuse available to abuse of their fellows. I am not interested in moderating behavior but this Forum, here, should be a nice place to visit for any fan, especially those that wipe their feet at the door.

I know, and regardless of who she might be talking to, it's always a healthy thing to be quiet and not jump at every single troll attempt to counterattack with more heat. That's all I'm saying. There are really cool things happening here behind all this noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:39 pm 

gz wrote:

since you keep re-posting gail's post all over the place, jimmie d., I might just do the same with my reply:

I think you should take this forum down. it serves no zappa purpose whatsoever anymore. it's all about 'what did you happen to knit today' and other assorted 'look at me'-topics. not to mention the excessive spamming by trendrock....

concentrate on the actual frank zappa-site.
update the zappa-articles and interviews and the discopgraphy-section (more details on musicians and recording dates, etc.)

the zappa-forum is dead. long live frank zappa.

Last edited by Lumpy Gravy on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:47 pm 
Banned

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
since you keep re-posting gail's post all over the place, jimmie d.

I posted it in two appropriate threads. Please don't exaggerate; it's inflammatory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:53 pm 

I posted it in two appropriate threads. Please don't exaggerate; it's inflammatory.

ok. two appropriate threads. please accept my apology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:59 pm 
Banned

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

ok. two appropriate threads. please accept my apology.

Remove your identical comment about me from the other thread, and you can consider it accepted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:16 pm 

Remove your identical comment about me from the other thread, and you can consider it accepted.

nah, I don't think so. you were the one who reposted gail's comment... (twice... or was it thrice?... I lost count...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next