Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A question to all...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:21 pm 

I would love to talk to someone or several someones about being able to get copies of ANY zappa video. I live in a very socially retarded area of the US (besides most of it is out of print!)  If there is anyone that can help me I would be most gracious!! ;D :-/ :D

Post subject: Re: A question to all...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:25 pm 

Let's hope the ZFT releases some videos on DVD/VHS in the very near future.  I think all of us would like to see that.  Not to mention that supposedly all the Honker Home Videos have been digitalized and have had their color improved.  It might be awhile but it's worth the wait.  Also search the net...Last year I found a brand new copy of the Amazing Mr. Bickford being sold on the net by a guy who owned a video store in FL.  This thing was still in the cellophane, had a pair of brand new no-D glasses and was crystal clear on my TV.  Asking price: $25 + shipping.  There are still originals out there but it takes a long while to find them.  I'd make you a copy but I signed some type of agreement when I joined this forum and who needs a law suit.  Come on Zappa family ...release the dvd's. ;D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:38 am 

You can get Zappa M-pegs from Winmx.com. I am currently downloading Video from Hell and Baby snakes, both seem to be the full thing. Quality will have to do until they re-released.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:07 am 

<br>[quote author=Jumbo link=board=general&num=1030069273&start=0#0 date=08/22/02 at 18:21:12]<br>I live in a very socially retarded area of the US<br>[/quote]<br>YOU live in a socially retarded area ??? ??? ??? - try australia! (actually, it's not really socially retarded, it's just i don't know anyone who's into fz and who might have a video squirrilled away somewhere. after all, this is where sydney is, which is where fz:oz came from, so it cant be THAT backward! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:58 pm 

It's going on 11 yrs.since Jumbo asked this question.Does he want the good news first or the bad?
The good? OK.The good news is The Roxy movie will be out by DEC. 2013..... maybe.The bad news is you gotta come up with some $$$'s for the rights to make this movie.How much you ask.Well,to the tune of a grand apiece,give or take a few bucks for S&H and whatnot.If you go to zappa.com's home page and look under "shoppage" you should be able to find some good viewing films like Baby Snakes and 200 Motels on DVD for alot less money.
Want more? Your best bet is to go on youtube and find some of the whole concert footage from FZ's daze on the road.The European flicks seem to have a better sound quality,especialy the older tapes.There are some from the states that are as good as the best boots,but not really good sound quality until after '76 or so.FZ' would do TV specials over there,but American kids where considered to immature for his rebel rousing music.It might make us Freak Out! Which of course was the whole point!
Zappateers would know more about which concert or TV special has the best sound and film quality info,ect..(imho)

Always shop zappa.com for assured quality. Right guys and Gals?
Jumbo Go Away? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
...Your best bet is to go on youtube...
http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10251