The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:46 am 

Uncle Bernie wrote:

HAHA! That looks exactly like the family across the street from me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:19 am 

Sarah Palin on the bail out.

That is economics and exeptionally stupid. Goog God she could be the next President.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T96nA8RR6KM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:29 am 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:17 am 

Yeah :roll: After watching the debate debacle last night , Canada looks AWFUL good :wink:

Maybe it's time to mine the Potamac , blow up Washington , and start all over :cry:

Isn't there something in our constitution that states we , the people , can overthrow our goverment if it doesn't work for us ??

Frankie , Come Back
all us assholes really need you :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 am 

pedro1 wrote:
Yeah :roll: After watching the debate debacle last night , Canada looks AWFUL good :wink:

I noticed Ms. Sarah has her Israeli flag pin above her American flag pin, she's in the big boy's club now with the rest of the barracudas.

pedro1 wrote:
Isn't there something in our constitution that states we , the people , can overthrow our goverment if it doesn't work for us ??

Check out the National Initiative, as soon as a majority sign up, it becomes law

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:25 am 

Registered and signed Baddy
8)

Interesting demograpics , mostly male democrats from 21 - 40

See ya on the front lines :wink:

THANKS old buddy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:01 pm 

baddy wrote:
I noticed Ms. Sarah has her Israeli flag pin above her American flag pin, she's in the big boy's club now with the rest of the barracudas.

Really? I didn't see it. I bet she wore it everyday in Alaska. :roll: That's some great pandering there..... Unbelievable.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:10 pm 

Is he back ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:13 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Is he back ?

Yes...with a new lounge suite he won.

Post subject: economy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:38 pm 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:33 am 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:24 pm 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:32 am 
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:35 pm 

US job losses hit record in 2008

More US workers lost jobs last year than in any year since World War II, with employers axing 2.6 million posts and 524,000 in December alone.

The US jobless rate rose to 7.2% in December, the highest in 16 years.

The official data came as plane-maker Boeing said it would cut 4,500 jobs this year at its commercial airline arm due to the global economic slowdown.

US President-elect Barack Obama said that the economic situation is dire and action is urgently needed.

"Clearly the situation is dire. It is deteriorating and it demands urgent and immediate action," he told a news conference.

He added that he was making good progress on in talks with Congress on a new stimulus package - estimated to cost $800bn (£526bn).

Shares fell on the news of the job losses, with the main Dow Jones index ending Friday trading down 143 points or 1.6% to 8,599.

Oil prices slipped more than $1 a barrel to below $41 a barrel. The rise in unemployment raised fears of slackening demand for oil.

Jobs blow

The annual jobless total was higher than expected, partly because jobless figures in November and October were revised upwards.

(...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:30 am 

Also, the above figure may be lowballed because of the post-Clinton revised measuring system, (no longer counting the underemployed even if they're looking, or those who have given up and stopped looking...the survey question that generates the unemployment data is now something like "did you look for work last week").

I think Paul Roberts recently estimated true unemployment to be around 16%, but that doesn't play as well on TV.

I think we lost just under a half million jobs in November, and just over a half million in December, so it's accellerating. Funny, Obama isn't talking about exiting the WTO, (or NAFTA or CAFTA).

It's interesting, I'm working in Canada a couple of weeks and I asked my instructor if Canadians had the same corruption problem in their government as the US, (shit's goin' downhill up here too), and he said not as much corruption but they are inept. He said the losses up here are more of a ripple from the US.

Steady as she goes, baaaa!

I know, we're expecting a "jobless recovery" any day now, we should be able to do this without hurting the top 1%. :)

PPS. I'm leary of stimulus plan that will drive our kids into a trillion dollars more of debt in order to bring back a tiny percentage of the total job loss over the next few years, as a "stimulation" of a failed economic model, (don't beat a dead horse, get a live one). Also, history shows in the US that citizens are much more efficient at spending money than governments.

But a "stimulus plan" doesn't have to be any good to play well on TV, brownie points come easy from the masses.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:06 am 

Reinhart, Rogoff... and Herndon: The student who caught out the profs

By Ruth Alexander BBC News

This week, economists have been astonished to find that a famous academic paper often used to make the case for austerity cuts contains major errors. Another surprise is that the mistakes, by two eminent Harvard professors, were spotted by a student doing his homework.

Thomas Herndon: Because I'm a student the odds were I'd made the mistake, not the well-known Harvard professors

Reinhart and Rogoff reply: We are grateful to Herndon et al. for the careful attention to our original Growth in a Time of Debt AER paper and for pointing out an important correction to Figure 2 of that paper. It is sobering that such an error slipped into one of our papers despite our best efforts to be consistently careful. We will redouble our efforts to avoid such errors in the future. We do not, however, believe this regrettable slip affects in any significant way the central message of the paper or that in our subsequent work

Greece is an example of a country with high debt that has suffered a slump

David Suzuki: Economics is not a science.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76URnJEvmn4

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:24 am 

Don't know the study but it is simple, you can not spend more than you make, act your wage.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:43 am 

So...don't buy a house, don't buy a car, don't buy furniture, don't buy shit on credit.

The economy would quickly wither.

People have to buy things, so people can have jobs making things. If people can't buy things, the jobs go away.

It's a vicious circle.

If it wasn't for government welfare to the poor, the face of poverty would be horrendous. Shanty towns, blighted ghettos, starving children, ect.

Don'tcha think?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:47 am 

I said don't spend more than you make, if your income covers the payment, it would be a consideration, so if you take home 1000 bucks a month you cant spend 900 on a house payment, got it?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:07 pm 

The bank isn't going to let you do that anyway, so what are you talking about?!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:15 pm 

If you earn 1200 bucks a month, and see your 500 dollar per month house payment suddenly ore than double to 1100 bucks per month, despite having a perfect credit rating, it's not the fault of the borrower. It's a bank scam to take your property from you to resell it for a higher profit, or double dip or both.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:45 pm 

No it's the buyers fault for buying more than they could afford. I know it is hard to turn down a mort. that has no down payment and a sub prime loan. But if you do not qualify for a fixed rate at 30 or 15 years with hopefully 20% down then you should not buy !!! Rent, I did for many years but that was the only way for me. i hate debt, you gotta have everything payed off before you make such a large financial decision. Now maybe you should channel some of hatred of the banks over to Obama, he has given the largest amount of money to the banks and big business and they are sitting on it. he's got the fed keeping the rate low to fuel the market, as it is a better investment, than savings, what is that ,a half a percent? So wanna talk corporate control just look at your pres.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:19 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
No it's the buyers fault for buying more than they could afford. I know it is hard to turn down a mort. that has no down payment and a sub prime loan. But if you do not qualify for a fixed rate at 30 or 15 years with hopefully 20% down then you should not buy !!! Rent, I did for many years but that was the only way for me. i hate debt, you gotta have everything payed off before you make such a large financial decision. Now maybe you should channel some of hatred of the banks over to Obama, he has given the largest amount of money to the banks and big business and they are sitting on it. he's got the fed keeping the rate low to fuel the market, as it is a better investment, than savings, what is that ,a half a percent? So wanna talk corporate control just look at your pres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzl70yAYVIc

FOUR HORSEMEN (extended trailer summary)
Money as Fraud: PROVEN! by Ross Ashcroft

Democracy has been corporatized! In the 1830's Andrew Jackson beat the bank of the United States. In the early 1900's Theodore Rosevelt beat J.P. Morgan and John D. Rockefeller. In the 1930's Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR) beat EVERYONE from Wall Street. Now, we have to do it again!

War, Conquest, Famine, and Death are the Four Horsemen that we are ALLOWING to proliferate today.

The ways that the elite (The Illuminati) stay in power is not merely by controlling the means of production (to be Marxist i.e. controlling the money) but by controlling the "COGNITIVE MAP" or the way that people think. What really matters in this respect is not so much what is actually said in public but what is left undebated, unsaid. For centuries gate-keepers have manipulated our Cognitive Map but in 1989 the World Wide Web aspect of the Internet unleashing a tsunami of instantly accessible and freely available information. Just as the Gutenberg Printing Press wrestled control of the Cognitive Map away from an ecclesiastical and royal elite, today the internet is beginning to change governments, finance, and the media. We must understand the things that have been left unsaid for so long. We need context from people who speak the truth in the face of collective delusion because to understand something, is to be liberated from it. How has the human race developed a flawed system of government and economics that serves the few at the expense of the many?!

To understand something is to be liberated from it. Gaining self-knowledge is the essence of being human. A predatory capitalist's truest enemy, and humanity's greatest ally, is the self-educated individual who has read, understood, has delays their gratification and walks around with their EYES WIDE OPEN!

"Experience declares that man is the ONLY animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich upon the poor." -- Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that not only authorizes it but a moral code that glorifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford

"Money is a new form of slavery, and distinguishable from the old simply by the fact that it is impersonal, that there is no human relation between master and slave." -- Leo Tolstoy

"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled." -- John Kenneth Galbraith

"All paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value, zero." -- Voltaire

"An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come." -- Victor Hugo

Empires tend to last only 250 years before they crumble. Six ages define the lifespan of an empire...

1) Age of Pioneers
2) Age of Conquests
3) Age of Commerce
4) Age of Affluence
5) Age of Intellect
6) Age of Decadence

Ross Ashcroft's 50-minute Lecture version:
* http://youtu.be/U5Ddi6WDSdM

Websites:
* http://FourHorsemenFilm.com
* http://RenegadeEconomist.com
* http://youtube.com/RenegadeEconomist