Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: great pic slime!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 3134
PappaWas1975 wrote:
Ive said it before, and Ill say it again....


WE NEED DANCE ME THIS TO BE RELEASED. WE REALLY DO.


yeah we do!
but will everyone complain if it comes out and IS only 41:55 in duration?
hmmmmm? :wink:

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: great pic slime!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
punknaynowned wrote:
PappaWas1975 wrote:
Ive said it before, and Ill say it again....


WE NEED DANCE ME THIS TO BE RELEASED. WE REALLY DO.


yeah we do!
but will everyone complain if it comes out and IS only 41:55 in duration?
hmmmmm? :wink:
Probably, i didn't see a release that didn,t get complained about.

But it is very the time for new songs that we dont know.

_________________
'N then I might just Jump back on An' ride Like a cowboy Into the dawn to Montana


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
If thats how long DMT is, then fine. I mean, Jazz From Hell isnt that long an album. Albums never used to be as long as they are nowadays anyway.

Ive been waiting 12 years for it, so I wouldnt mind if it was "only" 41 minutes....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3058
Location: Chicago, IL
PappaWas1975 wrote:
Ive been waiting 12 years for it, so I wouldnt mind if it was "only" 41 minutes....


Agreed - or they could always add a few "bonus" tracks at the end if they were concerned about it....

_________________
Current favorite new spin: Midlake - Provider

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
PenguinInBondage wrote:
PappaWas1975 wrote:
Ive been waiting 12 years for it, so I wouldnt mind if it was "only" 41 minutes....


Agreed - or they could always add a few "bonus" tracks at the end if they were concerned about it....

yeah they could drop a couple of SYNCLAVIER Mb. :roll:

_________________
'N then I might just Jump back on An' ride Like a cowboy Into the dawn to Montana


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
It’s just to consider the notion of a faint possibiliy that sonic material, stored on whatever medium digital or analogue, and not distributed to the masses in time might be subject to destructive natural forces, especially in geologically active areas. Also to destructive natural forces in terms of the deterioration of public resonance after diminishing years on dusty bookshelves.

I mean, look at Rage and the Fury: Released in 1994/5 this could’ve been a revelation in a way that the reception of Zappa as an integral part of the 20th century Contemp Music world would’ve changed once and forever. Now, It’s just 15 year-old material no-one cares about, except us die-hard Zappophiles who remember the days well..

))buff((

Always keep your little back-ups in a save place
Release DMThis and R&TF on Wergo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 3134
PappaWas1975 wrote:
If thats how long DMT is, then fine. I mean, Jazz From Hell isnt that long an album. Albums never used to be as long as they are nowadays anyway.

Ive been waiting 12 years for it, so I wouldnt mind if it was "only" 41 minutes....


oh yeah, fer sure. I was just tryin to see how long we could actually TALK about record sides being more than 20 minutes long without IB losin his mind over it, that day.
Wasn't this project supposed to be in tandem with video and hence the delays. Or did I lose all memory and sense atthe same time?
Dammit I hate it when I do that :roll:

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5900
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
    Image

I've never heard an explanation why this hasn't been released, anyone have the story?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Last edited by polydigm on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
polydigm wrote:
    Image

I've never heard an explanation why this hasn't been released, anyone have the story?

Good question i would like to know it. :roll:

_________________
'N then I might just Jump back on An' ride Like a cowboy Into the dawn to Montana


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
It's most likely that the ZFT has protected us from a severe and perennial Stendhal syndrome so far, or, even worse, they accidently cut the masters to little pieces and shipped them with the DRS CD :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 404
Location: Sweden
Haha, that would start a "collect the pieces" thread on the forum :P

_________________
"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 2:00 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Sydney Australia
Zut_boF wrote:
polydigm wrote:
    Image

I've never heard an explanation why this hasn't been released, anyone have the story?

Good question i would like to know it. :roll:

I'll third that why no music
Why no RATF, is it a copy write issue.
Did FZ have no right to record that music, regardless if he did it justice?
Was he aloud to record but not release? .
Was it was an illegal action?
Eat them

_________________
Can anybody dance?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 493
Yes GAIL,
We want something NEW, NEW, NEW!!!!!!!

Just tell us all WHY Dance Me This CAN'T be released.

Isn't it supposed to be all ready to go?
DONE, DONE, DONE by FRANK FRANK FRANK!!!!

YEARS AGO.............

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5038
Image
You want more well here's some more.
Not sure of timings but my wish for artwork would be:

Eric White Collage of the FZs Royal Imperial
using paintings of Ballet Slippers.

Setting Ballet Stage
Collage as described above.
Overhead Spotlight shadowing FZs Royal Imperial on stage Floor.
Tight Closeup of Royal Imperial a Wide Fish Angle View giving a very large depth of field from front to back stage.
Same basic dimensional formatting as used on Trance Fusion Collage/Painting.

http://www.ewhite.com/

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3466
Gail should hire graphic artist Mackie Osbourne of Melvins fame. Love her stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
Trendmonger wrote:
Image
You want more well here's some more.
Not sure of timings but my wish for artwork would be:

Eric White Collage of the FZs Royal Imperial
using paintings of Ballet Slippers.

Setting Ballet Stage
Collage as described above.
Overhead Spotlight shadowing FZs Royal Imperial on stage Floor.
Tight Closeup of Royal Imperial a Wide Fish Angle View giving a very large depth of field from front to back stage.
Same basic dimensional formatting as used on Trance Fusion Collage/Painting.

http://www.ewhite.com/

Love your sense of humor, TM, sounds more like 'Ballet Smurf's Big Event', hehe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5038
buffalo_voice wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Image
You want more well here's some more.
Not sure of timings but my wish for artwork would be:

Eric White Collage of the FZs Royal Imperial
using paintings of Ballet Slippers.

Setting Ballet Stage
Collage as described above.
Overhead Spotlight shadowing FZs Royal Imperial on stage Floor.
Tight Closeup of Royal Imperial a Wide Fish Angle View giving a very large depth of field from front to back stage.
Same basic dimensional formatting as used on Trance Fusion Collage/Painting.

http://www.ewhite.com/

Love your sense of humor, TM, sounds more like 'Ballet Smurf's Big Event', hehe

Never heard of 'Ballet Smurf's Big Event' but I was being dead serious.

I realize that Eric White's work for Trance Fusion was not very popular in the Zappa Fan Community
but I for one really liked it. I just think a common theme of FZs Royal Imperial in a different setting
would be great Conceptual Continuity for Dance Me This.

Who knows the artwork could already be finished but if the project is still being
developed if GZ had a similar thought one would not be surprised.
Just look at Donald Roller Wilson's work for FZ. I could see Eric White
getting involved again and using some common theme from project to project.

The artistic concept of Ballet Slippers making up the Royal Imperial and placing that on a stage
with an overhead spotlight should be obviously connected to the project being ballet music.
I am not talking Opey Reed in his College Tweed Here for their is no need for any Christian Coalition Blues.
I am talking about an FZ album cover where the audio contents includes Ballet music.
Also the live ballet performances, Imagine the playbill if you will as described.

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
Trendmonger wrote:
Never heard of 'Ballet Smurf's Big Event' but I was being dead serious.

I knew you were :P ...I Would love to see them draw more upon, dunno, social and environmental issues when it comes to doing album artwork for DMT, since these were concerns that the man was deeply into during his final years -- yes, would love to see them getting more 'POLITICAL' on that one


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18125
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Trendmonger wrote:
Not sure of timings but my wish for artwork would be:

Eric White Collage of the FZs Royal Imperial
using paintings of Ballet Slippers.

Setting Ballet Stage
Collage as described above.
Overhead Spotlight shadowing FZs Royal Imperial on stage Floor.
Tight Closeup of Royal Imperial a Wide Fish Angle View giving a very large depth of field from front to back stage.
Same basic dimensional formatting as used on Trance Fusion Collage/Painting.

Of course, he could never do that now, or be accused of stealing your idea.
Sure, you could say you won't sue, but the lawyers would never let him take the chance.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
As a cover for dance me this i would like a 1993 black and white picture of Frank without cigarette at his Synclavier pushing a button . 8)

_________________
'N then I might just Jump back on An' ride Like a cowboy Into the dawn to Montana


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9516
when the poodle reacts


Image

Image

_________________
Image


Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
track 8: Poodle Polo ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 6877
Location: exile
now, I'm wondering; is mats öberg really on it?

Quote:
fz: and what I'm working on right at the moment is a synclavier album called 'dance me this', which is designed to be used by modern dance groups. it's probably not going to come out until next year."

guitarist magazine - june 1993

gail?

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
Does anyone remember the annotations that...uh, who was it..Spence Chrislu (?) provided somewhere, years ago ? Any idea where to find it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 2:00 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Sydney Australia
buffalo_voice wrote:
Does anyone remember the annotations that...uh, who was it..Spence Chrislu (?) provided somewhere, years ago ? Any idea where to find it?

I remember reading something like that, and a song that was sort of an experiment to see if Todd could come up with an equation to match the Tuvan's throat singing style. Calculus? OH to hear that one in my car on the way to work.

_________________
Can anybody dance?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group