Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:45 pm 
Banned

Who gives a fuck what you have to say, Penismonger?

Dicko Boy does it so he can pretend to be some kind of EXPERT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:02 pm 
Banned

zombie1210 wrote:
Then why post?

Go back to your masturbation.

Try to be careful not to cross swords, guys. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:08 pm 
Banned

His wouldn't be a sword. It's a RAPIER.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:09 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
Who gives a fuck what you have to say, Penismonger?

I never viewed him as some type of expert. Just what type of expert is he supposed to be. He reports some interesting concert figures and when he talks of that I just take it for that but if and when he appears as some expert what do I care about experts.

I try to look at what positive any given forum member brings to this forum.
Fanaskeptasaureous Negativity I can flush down the shithole.
Everybody has his/her own faults especially when it comes to how the data is perceived. Some data is useful and some is not.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:19 pm 
Banned

Where's the Honeymoon?

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:35 pm 
Banned

I forgot. Dicko is at the Prog Nation concert tonight.

Maybe he will give us the attendance and gross figures on that show as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:58 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
Why Help I'm a Rock feels the need to come here and piss on Disco Boys energy of reporting factual statistic seems to do nothing to promote the good nature of ZPZs mission.

Why Trendmonger feels the need to come here and piss on anyone's energy of their enjoyment of all Zappa music whether its P/O or any other tribute band (save ZPZ) seems to do nothing to promote the good nature of their mission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:09 pm 
Banned

zackpassman wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Why Help I'm a Rock feels the need to come here and piss on Disco Boys energy of reporting factual statistic seems to do nothing to promote the good nature of ZPZs mission.

Why Trendmonger feels the need to come here and piss on anyone's energy of their enjoyment of all Zappa music whether its P/O or any other tribute band (save ZPZ) seems to do nothing to promote the good nature of their mission.

BURN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:41 pm 

Help, I Suck Cock wrote:

You know, handing you your ass is still so fucking easy, that I'm not going to do it anymore. You must be a glutton for punishment...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:46 pm 
Banned

Sure no problem, son. You and Isaac hold yoursleves in pretty high regard when it come to the handling of peoples asses. Odd similarity. Some kind of score card that you 'tards must get from the handicap school.

But don't expect to be left alone when you act all important and shit....

BTW.....how'd you like DT last night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:50 pm 

One new boxscore is in from the '08 tour (posted at the bottom of my initial post on page 1) and it's not lookin' good, folks. This year's New Orleans show gross is down over 50% from ZPZ's last stop there in December 2006.

If the ZFT is going to continue to make this an annual event, they should make sure to hit most of the markets that have already been hit, every other year, instead of every 6-18 months. This way, their grosses will have a better chance of coming full circle. It looks like they're saving most of the major markets that were hit in the summers of '06 & '07 for the fall leg this year, which is good...but most of them still need more time to come full circle. They probably should only schedule one North American & UK/European leg per year, instead of more. Otherwise, according the current #s, since it appears that only hardcore fans are showing up now, it'll turn into a sinkin' ship and definitely won't survive as an annual event...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:49 am 

please come to Europe in September, October... I'm dying to see you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:57 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
One new boxscore is in from the '08 tour (posted at the bottom of my initial post on page 1) and it's not lookin' good, folks. This year's New Orleans show gross is down over 50% from ZPZ's last stop there in December 2006.

I wouldn't use New Orleans as a gauge for anything. It is barely even part of the United States.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:01 pm 

brainpang wrote:
I wouldn't use New Orleans as a gauge for anything. It is barely even part of the United States.

True but many markets from the '07 tour were down about 30% from the '06 tour...and even a few were down close to 50%...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:48 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
brainpang wrote:

True but many markets from the '07 tour were down about 30% from the '06 tour...and even a few were down close to 50%...

I think part of it is due to the price. Most diehards don't have a problem paying $40 or more, but casual fans aren't going to pay that year after year. Also the first tour really came out with a bang with Vai & Bozzio on board. When I saw the '06 tour it was in a college auditorium, a year later in the same city it was in a club that holds 800 maybe. That was a better show, had more of a rock vibe, which the aud show lacked.
It will continue annually in 500-1000 capacity clubs. If they just skip the hillbilly towns in the midwest and south, they'll do fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:30 pm 

I've been to Workplay in Birmingham a few times in the past, but I'd never seen a band play the "soundstage" area. I was disappointed to find that they stuck ZPZ in the back while some very timid (ne tepid) acoustic act took up the main hall. However, the (approximate) 250 of us in the back room were having a lot of fun, standing room only, the smoking area only a quick duck to the alley, ten feet away, still well within reach of the music.......................not quite the experience I thought I'd get from the ZPZ dvd, and in a good way - nowhere near as formal and the sound was WONDERFUL in a room that size, and the freedom of movement was a definite plus during the Sheik Yerbouti material.

I hate it for the organisation if they're losing money and/or momentum compared to two years ago, but the shows haven't suffered a bit for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:59 pm 

The '07 tour stats have been updated (on page 1) with info from shows in Red Bank, NJ, Columbus, OH, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, San Diego, Anaheim, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Denver, Seattle, Vancouver, Calgary & Edmonton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:27 pm 

The '08 tour shows in Westbury, NY & Kitchener, ON have been added to the top of page 1...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:46 am 

Thank you for posting. I am curious if the attendance rates are about the same average for other similar (as in not massively popular) touring acts?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:40 am 

Generally speaking FZ is a word of mouth thing.
On a positive note this is as close as any form of commercial media has supported ZPZ.

ZPZ Clippings
http://www.zappa.com/zpz/clippings.html

When any given listener finally has a chance to listen
to FZs music if his/her eyes and ears dilute beyond the commercial
taste of appeal they have a chance.
warlarsen wrote:
...... I am curious if the attendance rates are about the same average for other similar (as in not massively popular) touring acts?

I am having a hard time trying to equate what to compare.

Most bands that fall into the classic rock category,
not that FZ fals into that category but I guess that is a close
to the as in not massively popular SIMILAR, that I can attempt to equate.

Let's face it RADIO & TV are a promotional tool.
FZ for decades, I count 5, just does not get support from those media outlets.
Even NOT MASSIVELY POPULAR classic rock gets support so it is almost impossible to equate.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:02 pm 

warlarsen wrote:
Thank you for posting.

No problem. :wink:

warlarsen wrote:
I am curious if the attendance rates are about the same average for other similar (as in not massively popular) touring acts?

I'm not sure how to answer your question. It really depends on who you're referring to...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:19 pm 

Stats for both Montreal shows and the first Toronto show, from the You Can't Fit On Stage Anymore tour, have been added to page 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:03 pm 

Stats for the Chicago, Ann Arbor and New York City shows, from the You Can't Fit On Stage Anymore tour, have been added to page 1.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:32 pm 

Ticketbastard/live nation blows

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:52 pm 

Stats for the '08 Les Claypool/ZPZ New Year's Eve San Francisco show have been added to the top of page one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next