Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:10 am 

There seem to be a few people who are having trouble with the YaBB tags (me being one of them) so why don't we ask Keith to make one of the fourmers a moderator. That way any problems with YaBB tags can be corrected, and anything REALLY offensive can be removed. It would have to be somebody with a lot of time on their hands, and they would have to agree, but who would it be? Could you trust anybody here as a moderator? Is yes then who?<br><br>A moderator would be able to remove Charlies spam  ;D

Post subject: Re: A moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:56 pm 

this board is more or less self-regulating....although it would be tempting to give it a good de-spamming

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:00 pm 

a good moderator would ban slime , ponch and metal forever , ah yeah , get it on , www.mobynuke.net/gig/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:51 am 

This board does look after itself really well, I guess that's because FZ fans are so great. Must be FZ's influence.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:53 am 

[quote author=charles_baer link=board=general;num=1050577818;start=0#3 date=04/24/03 at 02:00:52]a good moderator would ban ME charles_baer forever , ah yeah , get it on , [/quote]<br><br>ImageImageImage<br><br>Image<br><br>ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:31 pm 

While your talking about boobs. I don't have a problem with it, but my mum and dad don't like for me or my sisters to be looking at that. Usually another member of my family is in the room when I'm using the internet, and that can't be helped, so a warning of explicity pictures on any posts like this would be useful. I don't think it should HAVE to be used, but it would be kind.  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:27 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1050577818;start=0#10 date=04/24/03 at 13:56:08]Unfortunately, in the world of software development "simple" is rarely simple. If you fix one thing, often you break something else. It's just the way these things work.[/quote]<br><br> ::) Don't I know it! The world of electronic repair is the same story. 'Scuze me whilst I ramble on this tangent for a minute:<br><br>One of the things I do is repair electronic music equipment, including vintage electric organs. The syndrome MTF described is what I deal with on a regular basis. There are hundreds of wires wrapped in dozens of bundles inside of some of those organs and they haven't been touched by human hands in 50 years. So when you stick your hands inside and start moving things...<br><br>Usually, I do house calls and perform the repair work right in front of the owners. When one of these "fix one thing/ break something else" incidents occures, as it often does, sometimes the wife will go into low spirits ("Oh Dear, he can't fix it. He just made it worse. Oh, calling this man was a terrible mistake) as the husband goes into high spirits (Hah! He fucked it up! I'm not payin' him shit now! "House call fee" my ass! Hey...I wonder if I can get him to haul this damn thing out of here for free so I finally have some room for some of MY shit in this house...) ;D <br><br>It can get REAL tricky. Fortunately, I have a very good success rate, but sometimes these instruments are in pretty bad condition due to age and neglect and as soon as one of "them" is opened, an unsolvable string of problems begins. <br><br>It's as if some of these organs are openly and audibly protesting to my interference with their will to die! ;D<br><br>Where were we? Oh yeah, back to the moderator discussion.............

Post subject: re: no moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:19 pm 

thing-fish24 aka isaac wrote:
That's why I say
I'm gonna ram it, ram it, ram it
Ram it up yer poop chute
Corn hole
Ram it, ram it, ram it
Ram it up yer poop chute
Fist fuck Ram it, ram it, ram it
Ram it up yer poop chute
Wrist-watch: Crisco
Ram it, ram it, ram it
Ram it up yer poop chute
Pud!
Don't fool yerself, girl,
It's goin' right up yer poop chute
(Ay ay ay ay)
(Ay ay ay ay)
It's goin' right up yer poooop chute
(Ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay)
It's goin' right up yer . . .
english to portugese & back to english

est because i dig i est v for
forç, forç, forç ram above to yer poop slope
maize puncture
ram, forç, forç ram above to yer poop slope
fist fuck
ram, forç, forç ram above to yer poop slope
wristwatch: ram of crisco,
force it, force it ram it above of the slope that pud of poop of yer!
it does not deceive yerself, girl,
it is goin ' that the right ascending slope of poop of yer
does not deceive yerself, girl,
it is goin ' right ascending slope of poop of yer
it is goin ' the right ascending slope of poop of yer
(ay ay ay of ay)
it is goin ' the right ascending slope of poop of yer
(ay ay ay of ay)
does not deceive yerself, girl, it is goin ' the right ascending slope of poooop of yer
(ay ay ay ay ay ay ay of ay)
it does not deceive yerself, girl, it is to yer ascending right of goin '.
. .

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:14 pm 

the idea of  moderators makes me uncomfortable , once you get one , with no matter what ever so good intentions it becomes a slippery slope toward regulation in all kinds of ways. <br>once we had one , a moderator , the place would feel completely different and not so nice i suspect , i dont wanna be lookin over my shoulder all the time - and thats what it would be like - for moi anyway. perhaps a mercenary SWAT team could be hired once a year to do a kind of humane culling of stuff - i dunno.<br>as for the CHARLES BAER - hes a fixture here now so i guess we shall have to stand the spam - i have hope for THE BAER you know , perhaps he can be reformed - there is always hope ! <br><br>get it on <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:55 pm 

[quote author=mungo link=board=general;num=1050577818;start=15#17 date=04/25/03 at 15:14:14]as for the CHARLES BAER - hes a fixture here now so i guess we shall have to stand the spam - i have hope for THE BAER you know , perhaps he can be reformed - there is always hope ! <br><br>get it on <br><br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>How about this: This place is sort of like a small Zappa universe...we got all kinds of people here, smart, serious, funny, nerdy types, some beautiful folks, some ugly ones too, drunken, nice, chumps, all in all a cool bunch of people. And then we got the asshole..The universe wouldn´t be complete if there wasn´t an asshole around? <br><br>Well, back to the topic, i don´t think this place needs a moderator, at least not yet. Multiple assholes, though, can be BIG [sub]big big big[/sub] TROUBLE [sub]trouble trouble trouble[/sub]..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:04 pm 

indeed it is true palokas ( aka creature from the swamp ! ) , all kind of folks fulfill all kind of roles and wouldnt it be a dull place if it where not so ? <br><br>different strokes for different folks<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:32 pm 

ah yes - yer have givin me the occult " get it on " signal mr. pimp - ill see you round back of the mens public convieneances ( ha my spellin ) bout 12.30 tonight - <br>see ya there lover<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:46 pm 

i has server problems, sorry - so, was anyone else there part from yer good self, waitin<br><br>mungo

Post subject: re: no moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:55 pm 

we don't want no stinkin moderator

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.