Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: YCFOSA Listening Party
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:46 am 

Those forum members that have YCFOSA Chicago 1 & Chicago II.
With this being the holiday season I would hope some could take a positive stance
and talk of some of the arrangements on your Downloads.

It would be a good natured gesture for the community as a whole to put this pile of negativity
behind and rally behind the impending releases. With the various YCFOSA Download, CD & DVD
projects that are coming our way it would suit that Zappa fans focus on teh compositions and what these
live performances and engineering of such represent as opposed to the piled up negativity of the delay.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:50 am 

What if people who have the downloads don't like them, should they then shut up?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:01 am 

HJ wrote:
What if people who have the downloads don't like them, should they then shut up?

How could one not love them? They were touched by "The Dweeze"!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:12 am 

Just Another Band From L.A. arrangements
This is one example where some fans that at times talk of ZPZ being too much like
the record needs to be readdressed. These performances are a really fine example of when sticking close to the arrangement
not only sounds better than what FZ was able to give us but how much life actually can be heard in the live performance and playback
on the ZPZ YCFOSA 08' tour and recordings.

The Just Another Band From L.A. arrangements that date back to August of 1971
provide a lack of fidelity and real life liveliness that unfortunate FZ was unable to achieve in any of his
Official Releases of that album. In part let's chalk that up to recording technology and engineering technology of the time
of those Official releases. Maybe at some point when Charlie Boswell & Dweezil Zappa revisit the old masters
Just Another Band From L.A. can hopefully sound far superior to what FZ released but
Dog Breath & Billie The Mountain as performed on YCFOSA are examples of where Zappa's
compositions and arrangements are finally sounding the way intended.

Not to get all wordy on the performance of Billie The Mountain for when any given fan hears that
it will speak for itself but Dweezil's Terry Kath Secret Chord progression brings life to how FZ
could in one way bridge the gap of how Jimmy Hendrix was doing Stg Pepper a few days after it's release
and how FZ could do things in a different way. The Chicago Transit Authority Album came out in April of 1969
a year before this performance. Anyone know the first live performance of this arrangement ????.
I believe FZ was doing shows with Chicago in LA so something must have stuck and at some point
and made it's way into this touring version of Dog Breath but the compositional and arrangement palate of this song
is definitive within itself and ZPZ delivers that.

I can see in the future where ZPZ may visit Mothers Fillmore East -- June 1971
and do a segue of numbers starting with Little House I Used To Live In for that
is another one of FZs early live albums that just never sounded as good as it could have
regardless of any Official version. This music deserves it.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:27 am, edited 15 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:20 am 

HJ wrote:

I think you are taking it out of context. HJ you are in Europe. Please don't push the argument
of the scope of the topic if you don't even have a YCFOSA Download. The pile of negativity of that of which I want to separate
is what has been built up partly due to the delay. Please let's stop all this arguing that seems to stem from the need to argue
and complain about something.

Everyone who I have talked to that has YCFOSA Downloads is very happy with it.
The time is going to come where if you so choose you will have the opportunity to buy a project from these shows
and I think critical analysis of the actual recordings is a better conversation than extreme negativity that stems from delays.
I am just trying to create a vehicle for people to center some energy on the downloads who have them
where I think the energy will naturally be positive because of the performance and engineered of the download.
We all have a right to choose but dealing wit a delay should be a separate issue from that of which is the finalized products.
Chicago I & Chicago II have been delivered for quite some time. This area is to talk of that.
Some of thee arrangements as for example Billy The Mountain had not been performed since 1971.
For example I think we can talk about that here instead of Download Updates.
The Download Updates is there for that topic.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:21 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Please let's stop all this arguing that seems to stem from the need to argue and complain about something.

To stop the arguing,Trendmonger, all you need to do is stop replying to each and every post that complains about the delay. Since you are the only one not posting unhappy postings, the arguments will then stop, because the rest of the posters will be in agreement.
Step up to the plate, Trendy, stop repeating yourself and stop the arguments. You are the only one who can stop them, because you are the only who feels a 1 year delay is o.k.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:52 am 

I went to one of the Roxy shows. I did everything I thought I was supposed to do, but was never able to download the Chicago show. Any help out there?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:37 am 

The Black Page Part 2 wrote:
I went to one of the Roxy shows. I did everything I thought I was supposed to do, but was never able to download the Chicago show. Any help out there?

I don't know anything about that but... I owe you a favor....Send me a thumb drive and I'll send you Chicago #1 and #2 (maybe this will get deleted too!) Let me know. Now that's what I call a listening party!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:47 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
HJ wrote:

I think you are taking it out of context. HJ you are in Europe. Please don't push the argument
of the scope of the topic if you don't even have a YCFOSA Download.

How the fuck can a simple question be "out of context"? And what the fuck has my residence anything to do with matters????

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:53 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Just Another Band From L.A. arrangements
This is one example where some fans that at times talk of ZPZ being too much like
the record needs to be readdressed. These performances are a really fine example of when sticking close to the arrangement
not only sounds better than what FZ was able to give us but how much life actually can be heard in the live performance and playback
on the ZPZ YCFOSA 08' tour and recordings.

The Just Another Band From L.A. arrangements that date back to August of 1971
provide a lack of fidelity and real life liveliness that unfortunate FZ was unable to achieve in any of his
Official Releases of that album. In part let's chalk that up to recording technology and engineering technology of the time
of those Official releases. Maybe at some point when Charlie Boswell revisits the old master
Just Another Band From L.A. can hopefully sound far superior to what FZ released but
Dog Breath & Billie The Mountain as performed on YCFOSA are examples of where Zappa's
compositions and arrangements are finally sounding the way intended.

I don't need a "remaster" of JABFLA by Charlie Boswell. The Billy the Mountain on Playground Psycotics is more than enough! It is a masterpiece. I cannot imagine that a ZPZ version can be superior to that. I really can't.

And nobody, not even Dweezil, have any final authority in terms of inferring FZ's intentions anno 1971. I just don't believe it. (This, does not, of course, preclude that ZPZ can do a smoking version; but the idea of making the comparison is very derogatory towards the works of Frank Zappa.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:58 pm 

i would listen to ZAPPA'S Billy the mountain through a tin can before i would listen to ZPZ's.

i mean, yeah ZPZ are a good band, but they will NEVER be anywhere near as good as zappa's original bands. you have got to be the craziest motherfucker to think anything different.

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:07 pm 

If teh downloads were available for teh rest of us, then teh listening party would be a bit more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 pm 

Trend-oid, your brain is truly fried, you're just too far gone. I've noticed this in a few of your posts lately, saying that ZPZ is better than Frank's live bands. I just have to laugh and say that is absolute horseshit. You're hysterical.
Technology and technicality don't make ZPZ better than FZ or any of his ensembles. Never mind, you just don't get it, and probably never will.

Do you have a setup at home, where you could make your own youtube video diatribes? You should look into that. I for one would watch the Trendmonger channel on youtube. It would be the most wrong, funny shit ever. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:35 pm 

Lets see 10 replies and not one has anything to do with listening to a YCDTOSA download and commenting on an arrangement.
The forum has lots of space for anyone to make an off-topic comment but this community is 10 for 10 Off-Topic.

Well I think an on-topic comment is deserved here.
I'll just answer 1 and ignore the rest.

??? Regading a submitted download code.
If you have created an account and submitted your code
you can login to http://www.livedownloads.com and see your MY STASH status.
Here is the LiveDownloads.com HELP FAQ
http://www.livedownloads.com/help.aspx

Here is LiveDownloads.com Customer Service
http://www.livedownloads.com/support.aspx

Chicago #1
Inca Roads Solo
Totally different than the Halloween Inca Roads.
I could see a DZ/ZPZ Shut Up N' Play Yer Guitar project in the making.
These shows are not the same night after night.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: ???
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:36 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
???
xxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:42 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
???
xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:38 am 

Cletus wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
???
xxx
!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:43 am 

thepoodlebites wrote:
The Black Page Part 2 wrote:

I don't know anything about that but... I owe you a favor....Send me a thumb drive and I'll send you Chicago #1 and #2 (maybe this will get deleted too!) Let me know. Now that's what I call a listening party!!

Haha, I'm glad I got the word out, at least temporarily. At least I didn't get banned, because then I would have been the black page part 3, which would be rather awkward.

If you want to do an exchange, I do have an 8g flash drive and about 35 full FZ shows plus some [shall remain nameless] shows.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:12 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
With this being the holiday season I would hope some could take a positive stance

It would be a good natured gesture for the community as a whole to put this pile of negativity
behind and rally behind the impending releases. With the various YCFOSA Download, CD & DVD
projects that are coming our way it would suit that Zappa fans focus on teh compositions and what these
live performances and engineering of such represent as opposed to the piled up negativity of the delay.

I have sat here and been democratic, patient, understanding and listened to your ramblings in defense of the ZFT and their lack of addressing this major concern the fans have as to where their downloads are and I can no longer be nice. If you have the contacts you claim to have within the ZFT, get them to address this shit on the forum. There are at least a 1/2 dozen threads on this subject alone and we ALL have a valid reason to be pissed . If not, then SHUT THE FUCK UP. I am now boycotting everything Zappa that is out, coming out or even being thought about. Maybe that is what it will take for them to take care of us, the people who make it possible for the ZF to live in a matter they have grown accustomed to. We must stand as 1 and hurt them where they will feel it most, the pocket. Hate to take this course of action, but I wasn't the one who promised all this shit to the fans and then let them down. So tell them to put up, or shut up, Trendy. I honestly am beginning to think your connection to the ZFT is completely delusional.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:29 am 

thejonesfactor wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

I have sat here and been democratic, patient, understanding and listened to your ramblings in defense of the ZFT and their lack of addressing this major concern the fans have as to where their downloads are and I can no longer be nice. If you have the contacts you claim to have within the ZFT, get them to address this shit on the forum. There are at least a 1/2 dozen threads on this subject alone and we ALL have a valid reason to be pissed . If not, then SHUT THE FUCK UP. I am now boycotting everything Zappa that is out, coming out or even being thought about. Maybe that is what it will take for them to take care of us, the people who make it possible for the ZF to live in a matter they have grown accustomed to. We must stand as 1 and hurt them where they will feel it most, the pocket. Hate to take this course of action, but I wasn't the one who promised all this shit to the fans and then let them down. So tell them to put up, or shut up, Trendy. I honestly am beginning to think your connection to the ZFT is completely delusional.

Firstly your comments above have nothing at all to do with The YCFOSA Listening Party.

Secondly as a certified ambassador it is not my position to instill fanatical faith in my relationship with the ZFT.
When the time comes more will be revealed but I will tell you this that the schedule or seemingly fanatical view
that their is a lack of one for the YCFOSA Downloads is not one at which I am at liberty to divulge any further
than Dweezil's July 8th Blog.

I did speak to Dweezil back in August and the details of that meeting was fine enough for me to know what
is important to me. Nobody is perfect and what I mean by this is I am sure at times I have crossed some lines
with the effervescence of loud and continual pootage even if they are inherent of official support but where at times
the loudness and continual may not be so much the ambassador approach even when perpetuated fanatical comments
adhere to any given war agenda. What remains constant is any form of a war agenda is one of which I will never in any form support.

Be it you or any other supposed fan that is exhibiting a war like posture I overtly have communicated strong objections,
be it no matter how frequent I reiterate the above, I continue to place no positive awareness whatsoever
for your efforts to attain something/anything positive of the project/object moving forward.
At this point I feel no need to reiterate this for each and every war action
for my stance is clear and firm. If delayed downloads or any other work in progress is your fodder
for eliminating yourself from all official Zappa then you or anyone who upholds this agenda will be their own grave diggers.

We had a death in the family yesterday. 89 years, good life, spent her last days up at Calvary hospital in the Bronx,NY.
Same place Soupy Sales was at a few weeks back before he passed. Some individuals in the advanced stages of
cancer can do well with family and medical support in the home but for those looking for an accredited
palliative care hospital for adult advanced cancer patients Calvary is a place I highly recommend.

Back to the YCFOSA listening party.
It's helping me get through these last few weeks.
http://www.calvaryhospital.org/site/pp. ... &b=3226167

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 am 

Shit, another 5 minutes of my life wasted.

Trendy, why do you bait people?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:59 am 

richieG wrote:
Shit, another 5 minutes of my life wasted.

Trendy, why do you bait people?

Because, as he said, he is certified.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Secondly as a certified ambassador it is not my position to instill fanatical faith in my relationship with the ZFT.

What on earth does "certified ambassador" mean? ? ? ? ?

Trendmonger wrote:
I did speak to Dweezil back in August and the details of that meeting was fine enough for me to know what
is important to me. Nobody is perfect.

I am confused. Are you saying that the delay is not a part of the carefully constructed great plan to honor the conceptual continuity/project object of teh composer's intent? I sense you're beginning to crack up a bit there!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:52 am 

HJ wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

What on earth does "certified ambassador" mean? ? ? ? ?

Well, here is the definition of "certified".

cer⋅ti⋅fied  /ˈsɜrtəˌfaɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sur-tuh-fahyd]
1. having or proved by a certificate: a certified representative.
2. guaranteed; reliably endorsed: a certified check.
3. legally declared insane.
4. committed to a mental institution.

While I'm not ruling out #s 3 and 4, for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it is #1.
So, if that is the case, it is a simple matter of Trendy taking a photo of the certificate and proving it.
As for #2, that would require proof on the part of the ZFT, and the burdon of proof is not on them, since they did not advertise the certification. Trendy did.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:32 pm 

I would like to have a listening party of MY FUCKING HALLOWEEN DOWNLOAD !!!!!