Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:16 am 

Got this this AM, pre order, seems like a good price, and a one-disc

GREASY LOVE SONGS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:25 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:26 am 

Good Unica, I can never paste these pix in - but that da one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:26 am 

Awfully pricey for just 1 disc, IMO. :| But exciting none-the-less....

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:28 am 

Lots to be happy about here regarding the Audio & Visual building blocks for this Project/Object.
In looking at the previous Anniversary Audio documentaries this one as described with
the 1968 Vinyl MIX, Supplementary Anniversary Selections , Cheech Marin liner notes and whatever
graphics accompany this , "YES A Booklet", is guaranteed to provide that thrilling back seat "Zappa El Monte" adventure.

Not to look past the MIX, Audio Supplements and Liner Notes but I wonder what graphics have bee used.
:?: El Monte Legion Stadium photos and a host load of other regalia that help make the overall Audio Documentary
spifnificent. Those familiar with the film The Worlds Greatest Sinner did get a look at the place
but lots of good concepts where graphical production could have been developed for this comes to mind.

What we know historically is a precedence of production standards is what make these series
far more layered in Project/Object Conceptual Continuity than just a list of songs and alternate MIXes
in comparison to many fairly obvious differences of the FZ 93' Approved Masters that was released by RYKO.
The CD Cover, Zappa.com Listmaster Pre-Order Announcement & Historical Regalia of this series is good measure
for what is to come. The care that goes into detailed production that Gail Zappa & Company puts into these series
is most appreciated. Thank You Very Much.

HOTCHA!

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:59 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Lots to be happy about here regarding the Audio & Visual building blocks for this Project/Object.
In looking at the previous Anniversary Audio documentaries this one as described with
the 1968 Vinyl MIX, Supplementary Anniversary Selections , Cheech Marin liner notes and whatever
graphics accompany this , "YES A Booklet", is guaranteed to provide that thrilling back seat adventure.

Not to look past the MIX, Audio Supplements and Liner Notes but I wonder if they have some good
El Monte Legion Stadium photos and a host load of other regalia that make the overall Audio Documentary
spifnificent. Those familiar with the film The Worlds Greatest Sinner did get a look at the place
but lots of good concepts where graphical production could have been developed for this comes to mind.

What we know historically is a precedence of production standards is what make these series
far more layered in Project/Object Conceptual Continuity than just a list of songs and alternate MIXes
in comparison to the FZ 93' Approved Masters that was released by RYKO.
The CD Cover, Zappa.com Listmaster Pre-Order Announcement & Historical Regalia of this series is good measure
for what is to come. The care that goes into detailed production that Gail Zappa & Company put into these series

HOTCHA!

Please shut the fuck up

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:01 am 

"DANCE YOU THIS"?

Couldn't be coming too, could it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:24 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Awfully pricey for just 1 disc, IMO. :| But exciting none-the-less....

Is it just one disc? I couldn't find a detailed track listing anywhere. Either way, I just pre-ordered it. I'm excited.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:30 am 

PappaWas1975 wrote:
"DANCE YOU THIS"?

Couldn't be coming too, could it?

Yes, extremely curious....
My take is it is just more torturous CC, playing on people asking about Dance Me This. Possible this is a clue, but doubtful. Seems to me they are just having fun with us! I've never heard the original Ruben, so this is actually a pretty exciting releasee for me!

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:52 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Please shut the fuck up

He said please... :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:54 am 

FOWL wrote:
My take is it is just more torturous CC, playing on people asking about Dance Me This. Possible this is a clue, but doubtful. Seems to me they are just having fun with us!

That's my guess as well, FOWL...

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 am 

:) yay! good news!

i can finally throw away my ryko version of CWRATJ :mrgreen:

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:57 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
graphics accompany this , "YES A Booklet", is guaranteed to provide that thrilling back seat adventure.

Not to look past the MIX, Audio Supplements and Liner Notes but I wonder if they have some good
El Monte Legion Stadium photos and a host load of other regalia that make the overall Audio Documentary

in comparison to the FZ 93' Approved Masters that was released by RYKO.
for what is to come. The care that goes into detailed production that Gail Zappa & Company put into these series

HOTCHA!

Please shut the fuck up

Not much changes around here. Trendy is still annoying, and Jay P will always tell him so. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 am 

The original Ruben, sans the '80s drums/bass overdubs, using current tech to make the sonic transfer, and some additional tracks sounds right.

OK, I will admit it, the release schedule is quite good, getting out something every couple of months. In reality, it has been this way since the MOFOs.

I think there should be some kudos given to the ZFT - they are doing what we asked them to do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:00 am 

i was just thinking, maybe the "dance partner" is refering to a 2nd disc in the package?

we'll see! :lol:

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:10 am 

Not to ruin everyone's spirits about this release but, if one (like this particular person) already owns the original Ruben & The Jets on splendid 1968 vinyl, than why order this ???

Having said that, i am also aware that probably not that many people own the original vinyl, so for them it's a bonus i guess.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:26 am 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:
Not to ruin everyone's spirits about this release but, if one (like this particular person) already owns the original Ruben & The Jets on splendid 1968 vinyl, than why order this ???

Having said that, i am also aware that probably not that many people own the original vinyl, so for them it's a bonus i guess.

I have the original vinyl, and I'm still excited about it. Besides, an official digital release of the original mix is LONG overdue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:47 am 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:

I have the original vinyl but never listened it because i dont have a turn table. I am gona buy this new cd 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:45 am 

Zut_boF wrote:
I have the original vinyl but never listened it because i dont have a turn table. I am gona buy this new cd 8)

You can probably get yourself a secondhand turn table for less money than the price of this release... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:48 am 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:
You can probably get yourself a secondhand turn table for less money than the price of this release... :wink:

LOL :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:56 am 

Well, the CD will sound good, no skips and pops, whether you put it on your HD or just stick it in the slot of your machine. I suppose that we will get more hints as to the extra content in the next week or so.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:57 am 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:
Zut_boF wrote:

Along with a crappy stylus that'll kill your nice vinyl. I have the vinyl, and I have a turntable, but it is stashed away as I don't use it anymore. I will also welcome a digital copy of the original mix into my collection.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:32 am 

AGuyWithAWrench wrote:
Along with a crappy stylus that'll kill your nice vinyl. I have the vinyl, and I have a turntable, but it is stashed away as I don't use it anymore. I will also welcome a digital copy of the original mix into my collection.

Yeah, the idea of someone playing an original Ruben LP on a $20 flea market turntable with a bad, misaligned stylus makes me wince. I love vinyl, but it is a hobby that requires a little bit of money and a proper setup. Otherwise you'll end up playing albums that don't sound very good and tearing them up in the process.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:57 am 

Ordered. For a three disc set(?), I'm surprised and curious that this one costs $21 versus Lumpy Money cost.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:01 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Ordered. For a three disc set(?), I'm surprised and curious that this one costs $21 versus Lumpy Money cost.

<spitting out Subway sandwich onto monitor> And what gives you the thought that it's a 3-CD set? Everywhere I saw on zappa.com - it indicated that it is a "CD" (implying a 1-CD "set" in my eyes...) :roll:

Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next