All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Shredguitargirl
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:06 pm 

hotrat5 wrote:
I don't mean to be sexist when saying this but I simply can't help myself:

girl who can shred = cool
girl who can shred and actually play = good
girl who can shred well and listens to zappa = my next wife

girl who can shred well, actually play, listens to zappa, and is a guy dressed up = Priceless

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:35 pm 

Plook wrote:
hotrat5 wrote:
I don't mean to be sexist when saying this but I simply can't help myself:

girl who can shred = cool
girl who can shred and actually play = good
girl who can shred well and listens to zappa = my next wife

girl who can shred well, actually play, listens to zappa, and is a guy dressed up = Priceless

(sits in corner of shower while having cold water poured on him)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:27 am 

She has not logged into her account for over a month now, a month when much attention has been paid to her, as well as the thumbs up from Master Zappa in the comments as well as his website.

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:19 am 

diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
She has not logged into her account for over a month now, a month when much attention has been paid to her, as well as the thumbs up from Master Zappa in the comments as well as his website.

Maybe it's because Plook hurt her feelings.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:02 am 

Plook is bad to the bone. Needs a severe spanking.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:28 pm 

Hey I just watched the rest of the You Tubes, at the very least the conclusion of gender bend is at least 75% probably, those are better odds than you will see for almost anything...and I know that leaves a 25% chance it means nothing, but then what was the point?
:idea:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:13 pm 

diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
Dweezil (and I am hoping it is really Dweezil) has opened up a Youtube account a few hours ago to comment on said Shredgirl performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ti0BRmh2ew

Please give the girl a few more hits to see what the Dweeze has said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkTaV4dkItg
Sinking Ship Ahoy

Check it out she tried another and if this a'int proof she was not playing,She is Crap and she never got back too Dweezil who posted on her Youtube Account i think he knew it was fake.
And she looks like Bonny.

i heard somebody playing on guitar the other day and they had Ship Ahoy effect with Phaser and Delay on Boss GT 8 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:25 am 

cleon wrote:
Sinking Ship Ahoy

Check it out she tried another and if this a'int proof she was not playing,She is Crap and she never got back too Dweezil who posted on her Youtube Account i think he knew it was fake.

i heard somebody playing on guitar the other day and they had Ship Ahoy effect with Phaser and Delay on Boss GT 8 8)

Dear Mr Cleon,
Frank once said that stupidity is the most abundant thing in the universe and reading this thread makes me believe him.

My rendition of SF2 is particularly ugly, but every note is where it should be and it is accurate to the backing track (also, the backing track can't remember anything, ask it to remember your phone number, it won't) musicians often take cues from other band members, but they obviously still need to remember their part. Also if you play with a click track, or tap your foot you are taking cues from it.

I actually did communicate with Dweezil and explained how I played it and pointed him to the transcription I learnt from, which is just what he asked for. Dweezil said I was very talented and was really encouraging, which was totally sweet of him. He thinks I'm rather weird, but I take that as a compliment.

As far as I'm concerned, my larky little Zappa covers have introduced new people to Frank's music and most viewers appreciate and enjoy the work I put into the videos. I simply wanted to share my love of his music with others. Judging by the fact you're still thinking about it 3 years later means it got your attention...

Why would anybody even bother faking it? In fact the Them or us version is edited from several live performances does that mean Frank faked it? My rendition is a straight run through with no easy to spot mistakes. You can hear it, you can see the notes being played... SF2 is not that difficult really, TBP #1 is much more challenging to play on the guitar.

Maybe you should watch my version of kung fu or 20 small cigars (one of the songs I respectfully uploaded on Frank's birthday) rather than the video that says I'm just noodling with a random sample hold effect. Actually don't bother, just find some other random Zappa fan on YouTube to bad mouth.

Anyway, maybe I am crap, maybe I'm a shemale, maybe I pretend to play music, maybe I look like a Bonnie. Speculate whatever you like but ultimately, I'm happy with my life and what I've accomplished and you're just an ugly person.

Good day to you and goodbye. I will not be wasting another moment here...

Lisa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:40 am 

I feel in someway to blame for some of the more negative ramifications of just bringing the talent of Lisa to attention here. I'm pleased that Lisa has risen above the fray and laid a few silly notions to rest but still saddened what she had to endure. She is very talented and possesses a purity of purpose that few who can play or think that they can play have, which I find uplifting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 am 

Pena wrote:
cleon wrote:
Sinking Ship Ahoy

Dear Mr Cleon,
Frank once said that stupidity is the most abundant thing in the universe and reading this thread makes me believe him.

My rendition of SF2 is particularly ugly, but every note is where it should be and it is accurate to the backing track (also, the backing track can't remember anything, ask it to remember your phone number, it won't) musicians often take cues from other band members, but they obviously still need to remember their part. Also if you play with a click track, or tap your foot you are taking cues from it.

I actually did communicate with Dweezil and explained how I played it and pointed him to the transcription I learnt from, which is just what he asked for. Dweezil said I was very talented and was really encouraging, which was totally sweet of him. He thinks I'm rather weird, but I take that as a compliment.

As far as I'm concerned, my larky little Zappa covers have introduced new people to Frank's music and most viewers appreciate and enjoy the work I put into the videos. I simply wanted to share my love of his music with others. Judging by the fact you're still thinking about it 3 years later means it got your attention...

Why would anybody even bother faking it? In fact the Them or us version is edited from several live performances does that mean Frank faked it? My rendition is a straight run through with no easy to spot mistakes. You can hear it, you can see the notes being played... SF2 is not that difficult really, TBP #1 is much more challenging to play on the guitar.

Maybe you should watch my version of kung fu or 20 small cigars (one of the songs I respectfully uploaded on Frank's birthday) rather than the video that says I'm just noodling with a random sample hold effect. Actually don't bother, just find some other random Zappa fan on YouTube to bad mouth.

Anyway, maybe I am crap, maybe I'm a shemale, maybe I pretend to play music, maybe I look like a Bonnie. Speculate whatever you like but ultimately, I'm happy with my life and what I've accomplished and you're just an ugly person.

Good day to you and goodbye. I will not be wasting another moment here...

I Know so what.

I don't give a toss.

This is what Dweezil asked and it aint what your saying.
"Very nice. I would very much like to see you play the most challenging parts without the backing track. Perhaps another video post?
Are you using Frank's record as your backing track?
Also your video camera unfortunately has some latency. It's hard to tell what you're playing or what picking techniques you are employing. Looks like Frank Gambale style economy picking."

What do you think i am a goldfish i can remember way long than that.

You sound crap with no Backing Track that is the challenge

What you think people wonna hear crap for.

I am what i is.

Yer go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:02 pm 

Good for Lisa or whatever he wants to be called... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:14 pm 

Plook wrote:

That's a girl Plook. (something in the way she moves) I remember this on DZW. DZ asked her who was on the backing track and otherwise encouraged her. From the lousy video you can't tell her picking style, so DZ was asking if it was Gambale's (?) sweeping style or not. Haven't heard from her since 2010. Are you perusing old threads again mon friar?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:18 pm 

Too bad, if she stuck around she'd find out Cleon is just an asshole all around.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:36 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Too bad, if she stuck around she'd find out Cleon is just an asshole all around.

Better that an all around square asshole, eh? At least cleon posted Sinking Ship Ahoy above so Plook can see she's a *cough* "very handsome young woman" and not a dude.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:31 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

That's a girl Plook. (something in the way she moves) I remember this on DZW. DZ asked her who was on the backing track and otherwise encouraged her. From the lousy video you can't tell her picking style, so DZ was asking if it was Gambale's (?) sweeping style or not. Haven't heard from her since 2010. Are you perusing old threads again mon friar?

I did not base that on the video of which you speak, I did a search and "Lisa" is very productive, he/she can be whom ever they want as far as I am concerned... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:53 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

I did not base that on the video of which you speak, I did a search and "Lisa" is very productive, he/she can be whom ever they want as far as I am concerned...

The first vid isn't as telling as the second one cleon posted is. Thaz all I'm talkin' about and the youtube comments. Where did you do a search for Lisa Kelly at? I tried that here...No Matches Found. :?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:07 pm 

When this thread started there were a few videos on You Tube... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:21 pm 

Plook wrote:
When this thread started there were a few videos on You Tube...

I could of sworn the first video was posted on DZW. DZ commented on her skills and the video quality...
Only her hairdresser/surgeon knows for sure, eh? :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:29 am 

I would not bet that is girl or boy :D just too be safe :mrgreen:
It got a split personality though typed yesterday
"SF2 is not that difficult"
and on there
"it's not an easy song to play"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6wwd2ug_Oc
Sinister Footwear 2nd Movement - Frank Zappa - Guitar Cover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:39 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
When this thread started there were a few videos on You Tube...

I could of sworn the first video was posted on DZW. DZ commented on her skills and the video quality...
Only her hairdresser/surgeon knows for sure, eh? :wink:
look your wrong Dweezil posted after i sus the thing is shit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:21 pm 

cleon wrote:
look your wrong Dweezil posted after i sus the thing is shit

You "sus the thing" now did you? Get on with your bad sus then. Keep on sus 'n' cleon, your 1st, you win, your gold star is on the way. It's engraved "to cleon for outstanding sus". :roll:

Post subject: re: shredguitargirl
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:34 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
cleon's excuse is it's just a personal opinion, plook's comments exceed cleon's assholism by a factor of 10 ... zero class, near-zero iq

for what it's worth, apologies to shredguitar girl for the dickhead comments, your performances are spot on

Post subject: Re: re: shredguitargirl
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:56 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

for what it's worth, apologies to shredguitar girl for the dickhead comments, your performances are spot on

Here here! I think she's great.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject: Re: re: shredguitargirl
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:41 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Here here! I think she's great.

Me too! +1, I wonder where she is now? Most likely anyplace where she's not being called a dude before any real comments about her performance. Which was spot on too! Funny there's no links to any other of these telling videos. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:42 am 

She is fine. She has changed her Youtube account name and has made several other films. At the moment she is working through the Captain Beefheart songbook. A search for 'sinister footwear' will reveal her original YT performance high up. Or click on the link provided at the start of this topic.