PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:46 pm 

I'm so looking forward to this:

http://www.wymerpublishing.co.uk/in_the ... ne.htm#Zap

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:50 pm 

excellent, thanks for the heads-up... deluxe edition & premium edition

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:47 am 

LOL - 'Ed Mann -"Dont read this book" '

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:43 pm 

I remember hearing that this book was in the works a few years back. It's good to know it's finally being released. I'm betting this is going to be a definite must read for any hardcore fan.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:08 am 

Great news... another version of the truth to look out for!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:43 am 

Look down the page!

Even better! A book about Bedford's music scene! I have been waiting a long time for the definitive text on this legendary town and its music.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:01 am 

Yeah, I'll definitely need to check this out even though I missed that tour! ARGH!! I had to go out on business while he came to the Warner Theater in Wash DC. The only concert of his I caught was the One Size Fits All tour with what many consider his best lineup.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:27 am 

Now available to pre-order: http://www.wymeruk.co.uk/Store/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=108

"Remarkable in detail and interview, an unexpected and invaluable look at a such an important and ill-fated moment in Frank's career."

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:42 am 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:

£45.00!!!
Are your taking the Michael, Andrew?

You're doing exactly what the ZFT do - rip off the hardcore. I'm very disappointing in you :(

I was really looking forward to this book but I can't afford £45 for a fucking book!
You do know there is a recession on don't you?

£15 is about right. No doubt you'll sting the hardcore for £45.00 for a year and then we'll see the price drop down to sensible levels.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:09 am 

Ringo, a paperback version will follow in due course.

"Remarkable in detail and interview, an unexpected and invaluable look at a such an important and ill-fated moment in Frank's career."

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:37 pm 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:
Ringo, a paperback version will follow in due course.

Then my apologies for my out rage Andrew, I've been looking forward to your book for ages and seeing those prices gave me a shock. Any ideas when the paperback version will follow?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:53 pm 

The publishers mentioned October, but I imagine they will want to sell the initial 500 'special' copies first.

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:47 am 

FYI:
Here is the email; and subsequent reply, that I sent/received to/from Wymer Publishing about the new premium edition of the FZ Broadway The Hardway book I pre-ordered and when I should receive it....

HERE IS THE EMAIL I SENT TO WYMER PUBLISHING ON AUGUST 19, 2010:
"Dear Wymer Publishing,
I wanted to find out when I should expect to receive the Zappa The Hardway Premium Edition (ISBN978-0-9557542-5-8) book I pre-ordered?

Thanks,
MercyB"

THE REPLY I RECEIVED FROM WYMER PUBLISHING ON AUGUST 20, 2010:
"Thank you for your enquiry. Your book will be shipped next week. There has been a slight delay with the production of the tray cases (which are all hand made) and have taken longer than we were originally told but I hope this doesn't inconvenience you, and that you will enjoy the book when you receive it.

Regards
Wymer Publishing"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:07 am 

Hopefully, all those who pre-ordered my book should be receiving their copies right about now...

Next, we have Alan Clayson's official FZ biography (Project X) to look forward to.

www.idiotbastard.com

Post subject: re: new zappa book now
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:09 pm 

disco boy wrote:
...this is going to be a definite must read for any hardcore fan.

so far, after 2 chapters, it's a must-read, well written in a very engaging & impartial style, lots of previosly unpublished info, stories & facts; cool photos & scans including a scan of my ticket stub from the vermont show, plus quite a few scans from diplo-deepi & dd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:38 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
disco boy wrote:
...this is going to be a definite must read for any hardcore fan.

so far, after 2 chapters, it's a must-read, well written in a very engaging & impartial style, lots of previosly unpublished info, stories & facts; cool photos & scans including a scan of my ticket stub from the vermont show, plus quite a few scans from diplo-deepi & dd

Nice!

I'm waiting for the paperback edition to be released in October - I find the premium and deluxe hardback editions to be too pricey...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

Post subject: New Zappa book in August
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:14 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
I'm waiting for the paperback edition to be released in October - I find the premium and deluxe hardback editions to be too pricey...

Fair enough, but the paperback may not be out in October (the official line is "by the end of the year"), and it will of course exclude some of the previously unpublished photos & scans. It'll still be a great read, though!

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:37 am 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Fair enough, but the paperback may not be out in October (the official line is "by the end of the year"), and it will of course exclude some of the previously unpublished photos & scans. It'll still be a great read, though!

Is this a joke?
Why would the paperback have some of the good stuff omitted?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:17 am 

Quilt wrote:
Is this a joke?

The currently available limited editions are supposed to be collectors' items; buyers of these would surely feel cheated if the paperback version came with exactly the same stuff.

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:23 am 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:
Quilt wrote:
Is this a joke?

The currently available limited editions are supposed to be collectors' items; buyers of these would surely feel cheated if the paperback version came with exactly the same stuff.

Generally, 'collectors' editions' etc have better binding, slipcases etc but the book content doesn't tend to differ. If the book content differs, it becomes a different book.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:14 am 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:

I just ordered the deluxe edition as copies of the premium edition are already sold out. This was the only tour I got to see with Frank Zappa and have fond memories of the shows I attended in Detroit and Muskegon. I look forward to reading about them and the rest of the tour as well.

So it's a good read, right? Any reactions?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:51 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I just ordered the deluxe edition as copies of the premium edition are already sold out.

It seems that Gands still have some copies, and Them or Us :arrow:

http://www.gandsmusic.com/ZappaBooks.htm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:59 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I just ordered the deluxe edition as copies of the premium edition are already sold out.

It seems that Gands still have some copies, and Them or Us :arrow:

http://www.gandsmusic.com/ZappaBooks.htm

I never realized there were so many Frank books. Has anybody read all of them? How are they?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:14 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
So it's a good read, right? Any reactions?

http://www.recordcollectormag.com/reviews/review-detail/6418

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:04 am 

Any news on the paperback version Andrew? I just got some amazon vouchers for xmas I'm keen to use.