Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xenophobic Arizona?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:33 pm 

no drama there

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:20 pm 

Caputh wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
As for the idiot from Germany ,I can only guess you are not a German native or you would be permanently in great thanks to have had the USA bail you outta the Hitler thing.

I.e. you were responsible for the US intervention in WWII and therefore I should agree with you?
Actually I'm not German, I'm an immigrant (if you are indeed referring to me, which was rather difficult to make out from your post). Even I was I German I wouldn't see the relevance of your comment.
In addition, don't you rather prove my point by referring to the 9/11 bombers? Wasn't the reason nobody paid much attention to their immigration status the fact that they had enough money?
If you read back, you may also notice that I was not only referring to the US but the rest of the first world too.
My complaint about your desire for complete agreement was based on the fact that you deem it necessary to refer to anybody who mildly disagrees with you as "drama queen", "too dramatic" in need of "detox" or an "idiot".
However, I post on this forum because I'm actually interested in what other people might say about a topic(who knows - it might affect my opinion) so by all means carry on...

They did not have enough money; a large percentage of the time, our bumbling system will pay the way for many foreigners to get an education. In my state the feds and state combine to pay full scholarship to Iranians that will take an engineering degree with the promise that they go back to their country and enter their economy with the new degree ,... just dandy. Our economy will not sustain this kind off crap.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:09 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Caputh wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
As for the idiot from Germany ,I can only guess you are not a German native or you would be permanently in great thanks to have had the USA bail you outta the Hitler thing.

I.e. you were responsible for the US intervention in WWII and therefore I should agree with you?
Actually I'm not German, I'm an immigrant (if you are indeed referring to me, which was rather difficult to make out from your post). Even I was I German I wouldn't see the relevance of your comment.
In addition, don't you rather prove my point by referring to the 9/11 bombers? Wasn't the reason nobody paid much attention to their immigration status the fact that they had enough money?
If you read back, you may also notice that I was not only referring to the US but the rest of the first world too.
My complaint about your desire for complete agreement was based on the fact that you deem it necessary to refer to anybody who mildly disagrees with you as "drama queen", "too dramatic" in need of "detox" or an "idiot".
However, I post on this forum because I'm actually interested in what other people might say about a topic(who knows - it might affect my opinion) so by all means carry on...

They did not have enough money; a large percentage of the time, our bumbling system will pay the way for many foreigners to get an education. In my state the feds and state combine to pay full scholarship to Iranians that will take an engineering degree with the promise that they go back to their country and enter their economy with the new degree ,... just dandy. Our economy will not sustain this kind off crap.

They switch guys at the ranch... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:56 pm 

Has just one person tried to see through my struggles? I believe not. So only this then, do not get too upset about minor things. You are aware of history, how the first world came upon this trip of killing it in the first place? when now the rest coerces one percent of a prosecco from a permille back, it's only so whatever-ish. You also know that America drains 4times, Europa the double amount of energy out of the bird's nest compared to rest, the US produces again 4x more, Europe 2x the garbage? ..okay, could easily be that China has caught up in the last two years of that info.

Me is certain, we can quantum jump all these pains with a view from a slightly changed and advanced angle. ... me has lost sight of our Bird's Nest already. Lol? me likes listening to children shortly before they become teenagers, to every person in the Netherlands when being there. You'll probably notice within the first three sentences from a chat-partner is worth the while. If not, tell them ..pls help me. You can conjure up gold as big as Gibraltar in their pockets, showing all the more than unbelievable possibilities, next they do is again ..you really don't get it. So let us ring in the last round of the misunderstanding festivals. Truly, any slogan that could reach one of these ..... see U in a while, will watch out for you occasionally. A quick tip: ..hmm, maybe 'The Truth' from http://www.Lsapce.org (because this has everything, like philosophy, a laugh on ca. every page. Thing is to transform knowledge into hilarious wisdom) Petty, idiotic hassles, such a spoiler. Will you let me know a strong saying? knackered, aliens. What, shoot'em all? ...!.... "Murder yourself." - Pepe, "..and save a planet." - Paco, "Arizona, here we leave you alone and build the wall like a dome." ....now , this is 21. Century ..what average, say.

wo? drama? rather closer to a desert south pole without snow.
A comet, "Craters laters, meMaters." which went to show. Do-eeh

Last edited by Sabretoophairy on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:10 pm 

The radio just aired DramaGods - Megaton

Has someone found a proper web-station? ...thought of asking so stupidly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:09 pm 

Judge blocks Arizona's controversial immigration law

A judge in Arizona has blocked key parts of the state's strict immigration law a day before it was to take effect.

Protesters had been expected to descend on Arizona to rally against the law

The judge blocked a requirement that police check the immigration status of criminal suspects whom they had stopped while enforcing other laws.

The federal government argued the law usurped its authority over immigration policy.

Among the other parts of the law blocked was a section making it a crime not to carry immigration papers.

The Republican-controlled Arizona legislature passed the law in April amid fears of rising crime caused by illegal aliens and complaints the federal government had failed to act on the matter.

The US justice department hailed the ruling, while acknowledging "the frustration of Arizonans with the broken immigration system".

"A patchwork of state and local policies would seriously disrupt federal immigration enforcement and would ultimately be counterproductive," spokeswoman Hannah August said in a statement.

"We will continue to work toward smarter and more effective enforcement of our laws while pressing for a comprehensive approach that provides true security and strengthens accountability and responsibility in our immigration system at the national level."

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer, a Republican who strongly supported the law, pledged to appeal against the ruling.

"It's a temporary bump in the road, we will move forward," she told the Associated Press. "The bottom line is we've known all along that it is the responsibility of the feds, and they haven't done their job so we were going to help them do that."
'Irreparable harm'

In a temporary injunction, US District Judge Susan Bolton blocked enforcement of several portions of the law after ruling they were likely to be found unconstitutional because they pre-empted the federal government's authority to set immigration law.

She blocked enforcement of a portion of the law making it a crime for undocumented workers to seek or apply for a job and a portion allowing police to arrest without a warrant people whom they had probable cause to believe had committed a crime for which they could be deported.

The United States was likely to "suffer irreparable harm" if she did not block enforcement of those sections, she wrote.

"Requiring Arizona law enforcement officials and agencies to determine the immigration status of every person who is arrested burdens lawfully present aliens because their liberty will be restricted while their status is checked," she wrote.

She also wrote that the surge in requests for immigration status checks would force the federal government to shift resources away from its own priorities.
Temporary measure

The judge also agreed with an argument by the Obama administration that "the federal government has long rejected a system by which aliens' papers are routinely demanded and checked".

She let other parts of the law stand, including one barring Arizona counties and towns from restricting enforcement of federal immigration laws.

The injunction is a temporary measure until she can decide the law's constitutionality. The law was scheduled to take effect on Thursday, and the state was expecting a surge of protesters rallying against it.

Opponents of the law said it would lead to racial profiling of Hispanics.

The injunction hands a major victory to the Obama administration and opponents of a tough crackdown on illegal immigration, analysts say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10607927

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:26 am 

Not so fast my friend.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:30 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Not so fast my friend.

Very fast, this one is on the X-press train to the Supreme Court...Of course they will have to see how the Overlords want this one to shake out before they rule... :|

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:34 am 

"Only going for some Mexican .... what is those famous for? there's not much cents anyway, spent it on a single ticket." And ciaouwhhh, ZONE ...zoo...so!

"Ow whatsthemagain? speaking gibberish. Extratriffog :| "

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:21 am 

The important thing to remember is all the attention this will bring to the voting public.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am 

It aint over.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 am 

If it was a decisive actuality or a matter of consequence would us like to ponder further a ..while Mr. GG and others have moved on. Someone perchance is watching EC of athletics? who has won the precious medals in discus and decathlon, pls? ..what's been the issue..ahya, the grass is hotter here far away from sports of all sorts.

They do sell the most quaint picturepostcards in Mechico

not sure, was it a short message you wanted or is there some excitement swarming around, ah, take another glimpse

cannot think right now, if one has omitted serving a slant about a significant item ..like I said, call any time

heh, at last year's WC that frisbee stayed in Berlin, the baton's given to Patton (de lol) donno who got that necklace and Usain Bolt won the 100m race while winking to me in world record, c ya. --Merlin, recalling summing.... Lundn 2o12, ney, that's now charming, spell-bouncing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 pm 

I think Kapt. Kiirk is on to something here concerning several posters either being the same person or part of the Freedom Ranch Compound since I was on line this morning at 3:30 am and BRAVO posted something and I responded and with in seconds here comes Sabrecrap with one of those nonsensical rants...of course it could be a Ka-wink-kee-dink, but the good Kapt. has been all over that shit for months...Hmmm, some people...
:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:36 pm 

I put saber douche on ignore. I can't stand to read the drivel. It might as well be Russian.

There is still a lot in that law that will help like being against the law to hold up traffic to hire slave labor and being able to sue the state for not enforcing the law. Utah is next up to draft a law. soon at least half the states will follow suit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:20 pm 

Plook wrote:
I think Kapt. Kiirk is on to something here concerning several posters either being the same person or part of the Freedom Ranch Compound since I was on line this morning at 3:30 am and BRAVO posted something and I responded and with in seconds here comes Sabrecrap with one of those nonsensical rants...of course it could be a Ka-wink-kee-dink, but the good Kapt. has been all over that shit for months...Hmmm, some people...
:roll:

glad I saw this and put it together -- I think[it's a golf-ball world :wink: ].
there is a function that you can toggle in your settings when you signed on (or now if you want). It can alert you (with an email) when new posts that you have recently posted in are reposted to. So if somebody posts on a thread where you have recently vacated, an email can be sent to your email addie that you registered with.
It used to be very handy. Not so much anymore.
hope this may explain the collusion of posts in time. 8)
back to your regularly scheduled ... whatever it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 pm 

Huck_Phlem wrote:
I put saber douche on ignore. I can't stand to read the drivel. It might as well be Russian.

Let me know when punknaynowned starts to PM you how you should be more patient and understanding.Hell,they just want to be victims.Jeezuz tits! Some even say they're from Australia! :roll: No offence Polydigm. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:05 pm 

There is no off-season (you would need just four plants?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-10811870

stopped with all pleasure anyway. And the voters with thinking, it'd show them what dreams they made come subreal. Just this, me is still shivering from the douche, warm or whatever.

Hey Huggy, I never said anything personal, just to the round in general, saying that the electorates have forgotten all news within ...dunno. Doesn't interest us anymore anyhow. F'rinstance are there people in a haywire, for one day Mr. Nitwit is the scarecrow, a day later he is on all channels and conveys he knows his nose. The rest is going to the box and went black-out, the republicans at least will secure my way of bugger all. Mexicans can choose their employer. So could Americans. If all fails, build a hut in a nice place and start some adventurous living. ...decent discussion later maybe. Probably not, preferably looking for a change on a scale that's not been thought of. No other does. .....and for years these wanderings include less and ...they're lost. .... unless, ahm ... the carrier pigeon gets fidgety. Regards to the other sky-dwellers.
.. really in puzzlement of where it thinks there could be a proper person on da planet. You may roll now, tell us what you consider interesting. ... on a small piece of email. MW, mind's working, go on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:17 am 

It sounds like 'Airy only needs one plant, a Crapbush, and it is definetely in full bloom... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm 

What a piece of shit Obama is! That motherfucker wants to just skirt the law and fuck everyone on this shit!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100730/ap_ ... g_congress

the guy needs a drive to the grassy knoll!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:05 pm 

Here they go again......

Arizona Lawmakers Push New Immigration Rules

PHOENIX — Arizona lawmakers are proposing a sweeping package of immigration restrictions that might make the controversial measures the state approved last year, which the Obama administration went to court to block, look mild.

Illegal immigrants would be barred from driving in the state, enrolling in school or receiving most public benefits. Their children would receive special birth certificates that would make clear that the state does not consider them Arizona citizens.

Some of the bills, like those restricting immigrants’ access to schooling and right to state citizenship, flout current federal law and are being put forward to draw legal challenges in hopes that the Supreme Court might rule in the state’s favor.

Arizona drew considerable scorn last year when it passed legislation compelling police officers to inquire about the immigration status of those they stopped whom they suspected were in the country illegally. Critics said the law would lead to racial profiling of Latinos, and a federal judge agreed that portions of the law, known as Senate Bill 1070, were unconstitutional.

Similar legal challenges are likely to come in response to the latest round of legislation, some of which cleared a key Senate committee early Wednesday after a long debate that drew hundreds of protesters, some for and some against the crackdown.

“This bill is miles beyond S.B. 1070 in terms of its potential to roll back the rights and fundamental freedoms of both citizens and noncitizens alike,” said Alessandra Soler Meetze, executive director of the A.C.L.U. of Arizona. She said the measures would create “a ‘papers, please’ society” and that a new crime — “driving while undocumented” — would be added to the books.

Despite boycotts and accusations that the state has become a haven of intolerance, Arizona won plaudits last year from immigration hardliners across the country. On Tuesday night, the Indiana Senate voted to allow its police officers to question people stopped for infractions on their immigration status, one of numerous proposals inspired by Arizona’s law.

“If you are ever going to stop this invasion, and it is an invasion, you have to quit rewarding people for breaking those laws,” said State Senator Russell Pearce, the Senate president, who is leading Arizona’s effort to try to make life so difficult for illegal immigrants that they stop coming, or leave.

Opponents said the changes were a drastic rewriting of the core values of the country. In Tucson, a community group was so enraged by what it called the extremist nature of the proposals from Phoenix that it proposed severing the state in two, creating what some call Baja Arizona.

“Denying citizenship to children because they have parents without documents is crazy,” said the Rev. Javier Perez, a Roman Catholic priest and immigrant from Mexico who waited in the legislative chamber into the night Tuesday for a chance to speak. “Honestly, I don’t think anything I say will change their minds, but it’s immoral what they’re doing and we have to say this is against the values of America.”

The measures would compel school officials to ask for proof of citizenship for students and require hospitals to similarly ask for papers for those receiving non-emergency care. Illegal immigrants would be blocked from obtaining any state licenses, including those for marriage. Landlords would be forced to evict the entire family from public housing if one illegal immigrant were found living in a unit. Illegal immigrants found driving would face 30 days in jail and forfeit the vehicle to the state.

The measures are not assured of passage. Although Republicans have a majority in the Legislature, the restrictions on citizenship failed to win approval in the Judiciary Committee this month, so they were rerouted to the Appropriations Committee, where they won passage.

Some state lawmakers said their constituents were furious over the Obama administration’s lawsuit challenging the last immigration law and wanted the state to continue pressing the issue. Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, said the state would file a countersuit against the federal government accusing it of not enforcing immigration laws.

Supporters of the crackdown include Katie Dionne, who described herself as an “average, everyday American” who wanted to prevent illegal immigrants from changing her way of life. “If their life is so wonderful why did they leave where they’re from?” she asked senators.

Janet Napolitano, the secretary of homeland security and a former Arizona governor, cites statistics showing that the influx of illegal immigrants across the Arizona border has declined markedly with significant increases in federal resources. But that has done little to ameliorate the feeling of crisis expressed by many Arizona politicians.

The state’s business community, stung by a boycott that has reduced the number of conventions in the state, generally opposes the new round of restrictions. “This will put Arizona through another trial and hurt innocent businesspeople who are just trying to get ahead,” said Glenn Hamer of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

So now the the Right-Wing kooks, who instead of enforcing the laws on the books, decide to piss all over the US Constitution........

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship as "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps. The Constitution authorizes the Congress to do create clarifying legislation in Section 5 of the 14th Amendment; the Constitution, in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4, also allows the Congress to create law regarding naturalization, which includes citizenship.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

•Anyone born inside the United States *
•Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
•Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
•Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
•Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
•A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

IMPEACH THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 am 

Space bra please move to southern arizona, please

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:04 am 

Bravo Sierra, I'm sorry, but you're simply not patriotic enough. Unless you start learning your country's actual history and actual economy and actual social conditions and current events, 'your opinion' just makes our country look bad. Your opinion acts as a bad example of what the US actually stands for.

So, in what you can consider a heroic act of patriotism, I suggest you proclaim your unique, individual Americanness in every post by adding the grand Ol' American initials that you and I love so much, US to your online name, so that everyone will always know, just where you're coming from. USBS!!! Always and Forever!!!
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:06 am 

Them be fightin words where I come from... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:32 am 

What a bunch of psychobabble, what part of our country's history are you challenging young man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:33 pm 

How about the constitution? That's part of U.S. history. Seems to me the constitution is unambiguous about citizenship, as described by Spacebrother, above.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next