Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:44 am 

Hi, i'd like to know if some of you are smokers and, if so, are you enough zappaphile and smoke Winstons?<br><br>I personnaly don't like theses cigarettes, i wish zappa smoked Camels...<br><br>...i would feel better and less worried about my health...<br><br><br>Image<br><br>it's the best you can get

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:41 am 

about 4 to 5 cigs per day

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:06 pm 

yes i smoke and when in yhe states i smoke camels winstons suck, sorry frank<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:18 pm 

yes, i smoke innumerable roll ups containing golden virginia each day. but watch out bouniakowski - theres members of the health police in this place  - theyll be onto this thread in no time - beware.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:21 am 

Marlboro Lights 100's......about a pack/day :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:30 am 

Quit 18 years ago. <br><br>Was Camel Filters, Camel Lights and Marlboro.<br><br>Quit smokin dope too.<br><br>Now if I could just say no to binge eating...<br><br>(ps, I saw lung cancer EAT UP my grand dad. <br>He suffered big time before he died. <br>They removed a lung and he kept smokin'. <br>At least he was committed...)<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:38 am 

I quit smoking 8 months ago. I had smoked Winstons<br>to start with and I used to love that brand!!  I feel very<br>optimistic about my life nowadays.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:57 am 

Belgam or Van Nelle, but no filters, i'm rolling myself. About 1 to 5 cigarettes a day, so that's not too bad. <br><br>Image<br>Image<br><br>i used to smoke dope everyday, but I've quit that. i'm very glad I brought it down to about 1 or 2 joints a week, so that it really is fun again to be stoned...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:00 am 

Uh oh, here we go again...<br><br>Never have, never will.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:33 am 

I haven't had a butt for 18 days. I smoked a pack a day since i was 14, i'm 48 now. I feel WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:38 am 

[quote author=PooT link=board=general;num=1055101475;start=0#10 date=06/09/03 at 08:33:53]I haven't had a butt for 18 days. I smoked a pack a day since i was 14, i'm 48 now. I feel WONDERFUL!!!!!!!![/quote]<br><br>Congrats!<br>Bad side effect: food starts tasting better than you will imagine!<br>Beware the rogue calorie.<br>Just as deadly.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:38 am 

[quote author=Mr. Complainian link=board=general;num=1055101475;start=0#9 date=06/09/03 at 08:27:15]The smell, taste etc make me physically ill to my stomach. Excuse me, i'm gonna go puke at the thought of them as well....<br><br>I think people who religiously smoke, drink and take drugs speak volumes about a 'greater' issue. They aren't happy in their own skin. If you felt comfortable in you own skin and loved life to the fullest capacity then why would you do harm to yourself like that then?  I don't get it? Filthy habits? Dumb all over?[/quote]<br><br>i guess it starts all innocent. i didn't used to smoke cigarettes - I only smoked weed, and when I tried to quit that, I was hooked on to the Nicotine - so now i smoke about 2 or 3 siggies a day. sometimes I skip a day.<br><br>so, why did I start using pot? Well, I was 17 or so, the age when you like to experemint, etc, etc. almost my entire circle of friends did it. etc etc. it was just a very nice feeling, being stoned a bit. so you try again, etc.<br><br>i must say I feel much much better now than in my heavy blowing period. During that period, I indeed *fled* into marihuana whenever something was emotionally wrong (mostely when I had arguments with my previous girlfriend, and in the end when we broke up).<br><br>its an addiction, you know? but being stoned once in a while still is fun once in a hile, now that I have it under control. although I have to admit a certain desire for it remains lurking in me every once in a while - it remains an addiction. I guess it's like alcohol - do you drink sometimes?  <br><br>anyhow - I do consider myself as a happy person, you should ask my girlfriend or my friends. okay, I feel bad  to sometimes, of course, but as far as I can tell no more than other people, less even, I tend to think.<br><br>and what about zappa - was he unhappy 'cause he smoked a lot?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:12 am 

After a 29 years habit, without filter... Quit 9 months ago ... at the day I was 10 years that had quit a heavy drug and alcohol abuse   ;D Now I,m really happy<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:34 am 

I hate the things. I have persuaded four friends to give up, and the quest continues...<br><br><br><br>EVERYBODY QUIT SMOKING. IT'S VERY BAD FOR YOU!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:47 pm 
  Well,the last thing in the world I should be doing is smoking but I do about 2 packs a day.<br>  My problem is I just like it so much that I have no desire to quit.It drives my Dr. crazy but I figure I'm going to go anyway so I may as well do the things I enjoy most... :)<br><br>Image<br><br>   bcarney...8)<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:52 pm 

When I was about 12 years old (on vacation in Spain), I tried "smoking" cigarettes.  I put the word in quotes because (at the risk of sounding Clintonesque) "I didn't inhale."   ;D<br><br>The kids I hung out with there smoked and, when they realized I wasn't inhaling, they pointed it out to me.  I was like, "OK," and I tried to inhale and "HACK -- HACK -- HACK -- COUGH -- COUGH -- COUGH -- WHEEEEEEEZE!"  I felt like I was dying!  LOL<br><br>Suffice it to say...I don't smoke.   ;)<br><br>On a serious note...my husband does and I so wish that he'd quit.  Not so much for himself  (if he wants to kill himself, he's an adult with Free Will) but for our baby.   :(  To his credit, he doesn't smoke in the house.  However, it's not the first time I've wiped ashes off our little one as he's sitting in his car seat.   >:(  And kids who grow up with one or more parents who smoke, tend to smoke as adults.   :'(<br><br>Please read this:<br><br>I didn't come into the Forum last night because I wasn't home.  A friend of my husband's was dying and we went to Pennsylvania to be with him.  He was a smoker and he had emphesema (I know I spelled it wrong...that's not what's important) and heart problems.  He got pneumonia and that's what finally did it.<br><br>I sang "My Heart Will Go On" & "The Wind Beneath My Wings" (his favorite song) for him as I stroked his feverish head with my perpetually cold hands.  I wish all you smokers could have seen this formerly strong, vibrant man in his last hours on Earth.  It was too much!   :'(<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:24 pm 

:'( When peoplke smoke it hurts everyone around them.<br>My mormon family was very hurt by my drug use and<br>cigarrette smoking. I will honor their love .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:13 pm 

Have been smoking weed\hash since I was 16, I think, (the Jive does that to ya) and cigs since I was 17.  Needed the cigs to run hash tokes.  Usualy about 12 cigs a day.  <br>Image<br><br>I would love to ditch the cigs and cut down on the dope.  They, like coffee, go so well together.  I know that if I smoke for the rest of my life, I will DIE from some cigarette related disease.  Kinda like living in Florida and getting skin cancer....It's just a matter of time.<br><br>If I did quit, I know that I would be one of those people Denis Leary bitches about, sharing nuggets of information about smoking and death, trying to convince others to quit.  <br><br>I did go with out for a week once, and boy did I sleep.  <br>Wake up, no cigs, eat, need a cig, no cigs, go to sleep, repeat.  <br><br>Ever see a documentry called The Last Cigarette?  Has alot of great clips from when the seven CEOs of big tobacco testified infront of congress stating "I believe nicoteen is not addictive"  LMFAO.  >hack<.. >hack<<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:17 pm 

Can't forget the classic "Cancer Merchant" scene in Clerks.  Picture it.  Dante is behind the cash register at the Quick Stop, there is an easily led mob of smokers\customer led by a Chooly's gum representitave, who's advising the public, what he thinks of those who try to scrape up a living by working at a convienence store, pedaling the golden leaf.<br><br>*****************************************************<br>Chooly's: You're spending, what, twenty, maybe thirty dollars a week on your<br>cigarettes?<br><br>(Yeah. Forty. Something like that. Fifty-three)<br><br>Chooly's: Fifty-three dollars a week on cigarettes, come on. Would you give<br>somebody that much money each week to kill you? Cause that's what you're<br>doing now. By paying for this so-called privelage to smoke.<br><br>(Hey man, we gotta croak sometime.)<br><br>Chooly's: It's that kind of mentality that allows the cancer producing<br>industry to thrive. Course we're all gonna die someday. But do we have to<br>pay for it. Do we actually have throw down hard earned dollars on the<br>counter and say "Please, Mr. Merchant of Death, sir, please, sell me<br>something that will stink up my breath and my clothes and fry my lungs."?<br><br>Dante: Now wait a second.<br><br>Chooly's: Yea, yea, now here comes the speech about how he's just doing his<br>job by following orders. Friends, let me tell about another group of<br>hate-mongers that were just following orders. They were called Nazis.<br><br>(That's right! Frickin' Nazi!)<br><br>Chooly's: Yea! And they practically wiped an entire nation of people off the<br>Earth, just like your cigarettes are doing now.<br><br>Dante: I think you ought to leave now.<br><br>Chooly's: You want me to leave? Why? Cause somebody's telling it like it is?<br>Somebody's giving these fine people a wake up call?<br><br>Dante: No, you're loitering, and causing a disturbance.<br><br>Chooly's: I'm a disturbance? You're the disturbance, pal! You know, here,<br>now I am a customer. I'm gonna buy some Chooly's gum. Allright. I'm a<br>customer, engaged in a discussion with the other customers.<br><br>(That's right! Shut up! Yea, smoke my big fat cock!)<br><br>Chooly's: Yea, you see he's scared now, cause he sees the threat we<br>represent. He smells the change is coming. You definitely are the source in<br>this area and we're gonna shut you down for good! For good!<br><br>(Cancer merchant! Cancer merchant! Cancer merchant! Cancer merchant!)<br><br> for more go here ...   http://djpope.outraged.com/scripts/clerks.txt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:41 pm 

I haven't tried smoking....<br><br>I think I will refuse even, since it feels pretty mainstream and that is what I don't want to be(mainstream). <br><br>Besides I have seen alot stuff what happens to yer body, but, it's not my life and you others are sitting far away so I wont be able to punch into you that smokin' is bad.<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>