Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:17 am
Posts: 343
Location: England
http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=971_41167

_________________
What Rip Rense said about Zappa The Hard Way (available in paperback and on Kindle):

"Remarkable in detail and interview, an unexpected and invaluable look at a such an important and ill-fated moment in Frank's career."

www.idiotbastard.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 253
Location: London
Thats more like it, looking forward to this one, but i am sure there will be people that find somthing to moan about:-)

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/hakantunamusic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3149
Location: Chicago, IL
mistrijah wrote:
Thats more like it, looking forward to this one, but i am sure there will be people that find somthing to moan about:-)


Sure, $48 for 3-CD's pre-S/H ... :P

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5658
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Ordered. Awesome!

1978 02 28 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
105 min, Aud, A-
Intro, Dancin' Fool [basic track on SY], Peaches En Regalia, The Torture Never Stops, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Baby Snakes [basic track on SY], A Pound For A Brown, I Have Been In You, Flakes, Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, King Kong, Wild Love [basic track on SY], Yo' Mama [parts as basic track on SY], Disco Boy

I take it this is an incomplete setlist for what will be a three CD set.


Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 253
Location: London
PenguinInBondage wrote:
mistrijah wrote:
Thats more like it, looking forward to this one, but i am sure there will be people that find somthing to moan about:-)


Sure, $48 for 3-CD's pre-S/H ... :P


Told You so...!

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/hakantunamusic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:12 am
Posts: 952
Location: Norway
This is great News!! :shock: I hope to pick it up at ZPZ Oslo concert.

_________________
Image
http://www.zappafrenzy.com

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14766
So, not being much of a bootleg person or really knowledgeable about FZ's touring, is this from the 02/16/77 - 02/17-77 dates, or the 1978 ones?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Last edited by calvin2hikers on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 253
Location: London
calvin2hikers wrote:
So, not being much of a bootleg person or really knowledgeable about FZ's touring, is this from the 02/16/77 - 02/17-77 dates?


i think its 78 in fact

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/hakantunamusic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14766
mistrijah wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
So, not being much of a bootleg person or really knowledgeable about FZ's touring, is this from the 02/16/77 - 02/17-77 dates?


i think its 78 in fact


Yeah, I saw the 78 ones and edited.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 253
Location: London
looking forward to this, does anyone have a possible track list?

thanks spacebrother

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/hakantunamusic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5658
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
or it could be from one or more of these.....

1978 01 24 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
150 min, Aud, B+
Intro, Dancin' Fool, Peaches En Regalia, The Torture Never Stops, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Baby Snakes, A Pound For A Brown, I Have Been In You, Flakes, Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, Punky's Whips, Titties 'n Beer, Dance Contest, The Black Page, Jones Crusher, Little House I Used To Live In, Dong Work For Yuda, Bobby Brown, Envelopes, Disco Boy, Wild Love, Yo' Mama, Dinah-Moe Humm, Camarillo Brillo, Muffin Man, Black Napkins, San Ber'dino

1978 01 25 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
135 min, Aud, B-
Intro, Dancin' Fool, Peaches En Regalia, The Torture Never Stops, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Baby Snakes, A Pound For A Brown, I Have Been In You [basic track on SY], Flakes [basic track on SY], Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, Punky's Whips, Titties 'n Beer, Dance Contest, The Black Page, Jones Crusher, Little House I Used To Live In, Dong Work For Yuda, Bobby Brown, Envelopes, Disco Boy, Dinah-Moe Humm, Camarillo Brillo, Muffin Man, Black Napkins, San Ber'dino

1978 01 26 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
90 min, SBD, A-
75 min, Aud, B+/B
The audience recording ends during Titties 'n Beer and doesn't have Broken Hearts Are For Assholes.

Intro, Dancin' Fool, Peaches En Regalia, The Torture Never Stops, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Baby Snakes, A Pound For A Brown, I Have Been In You, Flakes, Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, Punky's Whips, Titties 'n Beer, audience participation, The Black Page, Jones Crusher, Little House I Used To Live In

1978 01 27 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
85 min, Aud, B
I Have Been In You, Flakes, Broken Hearts Are For Assholes [basic track on SY], Wild Love, Yo' Mama [parts of basic track on SY], Punky's Whips, Titties 'n Beer, audience participation (q: Wipe Out), The Black Page, Jones Crusher, Little House I Used To Live In, Dong Work For Yuda, Bobby Brown, Envelopes, Disco Boy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:12 am
Posts: 952
Location: Norway
or this..

1978 02 28 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
105 min, Aud, A-

Intro, Dancin' Fool [basic track on SY], Peaches En Regalia, The Torture Never Stops, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Baby Snakes [basic track on SY], A Pound For A Brown, I Have Been In You, Flakes, Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, King Kong, Wild Love [basic track on SY], Yo' Mama [parts as basic track on SY], Disco Boy

_________________
Image
http://www.zappafrenzy.com

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
First available next Friday at The Yellow Shark performance in London too!


WIN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 1690
Location: SLS
Ordered :D :D

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 253
Location: London
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
or it could be from one or more of these.....

1978 01 24 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
150 min, Aud, B+
Intro, Dancin' Fool, Peaches En Regalia, The Torture Never Stops, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Baby Snakes, A Pound For A Brown, I Have Been In You, Flakes, Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, Punky's Whips, Titties 'n Beer, Dance Contest, The Black Page, Jones Crusher, Little House I Used To Live In, Dong Work For Yuda, Bobby Brown, Envelopes, Disco Boy, Wild Love, Yo' Mama, Dinah-Moe Humm, Camarillo Brillo, Muffin Man, Black Napkins, San Ber'dino

1978 01 25 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
135 min, Aud, B-
Intro, Dancin' Fool, Peaches En Regalia, The Torture Never Stops, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Baby Snakes, A Pound For A Brown, I Have Been In You [basic track on SY], Flakes [basic track on SY], Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, Punky's Whips, Titties 'n Beer, Dance Contest, The Black Page, Jones Crusher, Little House I Used To Live In, Dong Work For Yuda, Bobby Brown, Envelopes, Disco Boy, Dinah-Moe Humm, Camarillo Brillo, Muffin Man, Black Napkins, San Ber'dino

1978 01 26 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
90 min, SBD, A-
75 min, Aud, B+/B
The audience recording ends during Titties 'n Beer and doesn't have Broken Hearts Are For Assholes.

Intro, Dancin' Fool, Peaches En Regalia, The Torture Never Stops, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Baby Snakes, A Pound For A Brown, I Have Been In You, Flakes, Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, Punky's Whips, Titties 'n Beer, audience participation, The Black Page, Jones Crusher, Little House I Used To Live In

1978 01 27 - Hammersmith Odeon, London, England
85 min, Aud, B
I Have Been In You, Flakes, Broken Hearts Are For Assholes [basic track on SY], Wild Love, Yo' Mama [parts of basic track on SY], Punky's Whips, Titties 'n Beer, audience participation (q: Wipe Out), The Black Page, Jones Crusher, Little House I Used To Live In, Dong Work For Yuda, Bobby Brown, Envelopes, Disco Boy


hopefully a mixture of all of them

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/hakantunamusic


Last edited by mistrijah on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2341
Location: Europe
Indeeeeed. This IS more like it!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The GEM here could be an extended "Little House I Used to Live In"!!!!

BTW: According to http://members.shaw.ca/fz-pomd/giglist/1978.html these dates are confirmed:

78/01/24-27 (four days)
78/02/28-03/01 (two days)

these are questionable:

78/01/28
78/02/27

and it is notes that "at least one Odeon show in 78 reportedly canceled."

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:39 am
Posts: 36
Location: UK
WIEH is in there somewhere....


Attachments:
FZ-HO.jpg
FZ-HO.jpg [ 17.46 KiB | Viewed 4346 times ]

_________________
GIVE UP!! We have the garage surrounded!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2806
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Thanks for the investigative work Spacebrother!

Got it! :D

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:57 am
Posts: 248
Now that's what I call cooking with gas!

_________________
This poster is not a member of TDA so don't go blaming them .....OK?
Lets go Bowling with the Bowling King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-iOlYRPZhE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:22 pm
Posts: 1221
Location: Nashville, Tn
That is more like it in terms on content (and 48 bucks is fine since s&h will be free, which is where I really take issue with ordering through MusicToday)

BUT

this had better not be the album art. that is beyond atrocious and completly irrevelant to any mood remotely found in franks music. This is balls to the wall rock and roll not some anime soundtrack collection. Gail has done a great job (Eric White FTW!) to suddenly drop the ball with some pokemon fan art.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2341
Location: Europe
Officer Butzis wrote:
WIEH is in there somewhere....


Indeed:

The full text reads (from e-mail):

Quote:
Dear People of Earth,

WHY: Halloween
WHEN: Halloween
WHAT: Hammersmith Odeon
3 Discs full of Music for all you little baa baa
black sheeps out there - brilliant live performances
and all your favorite hits from Sheik Yerbouti. And the
most extraordinarily advanced and yet so romantic version
of the pre-splendid Watermelon In Easter Hay. 1978!!!
Other treats: Dong Work For Yuda like you've never
heard it before. And Envelopes! With Lyrics!!
Exciting Party Pack which you can blow yourself.
WHERE: In that mailbox near you!
WHO: Barfko-Swill = Pre-Order Now: http://www.zappa.com/barfkoswill/hammersmithodeon.html
HOW: Ships (FREE on all Domestic Pre-Orders) on or about the week of 8 November.

xxx,

the barfies

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:17 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Kapuskasing, Ontario
Agreed with everyone here. I'm FO SHO ordering this, and supremely psyched, however, lamest album cover of all time!

_________________
For my clinically insane music
http://routenote.com/album/FOWL
http://www.myspace.com/fowlmusic
http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:17 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Kapuskasing, Ontario
The somewhat sad side story to this release however is that clearly a kaibosh has been put on the possibility of ever getting a making of SY. I'm okay with that, but do hope that they haven't decided to stop the series altogether.

_________________
For my clinically insane music
http://routenote.com/album/FOWL
http://www.myspace.com/fowlmusic
http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3518
The ad sez it will ship "on or about the week of 8 November" but my e-mail conf sez on or about December 3. Sure hope the ad is correct.

I like the art, brings a smile to my face.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hammersmith Odeon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Sounds great, just read my e-mail and immediately ordered. Cover is dumb, but.... 8) 8) 8)

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group