Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:33 pm 

You learn how to whistle The Black Page perfectly :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:18 pm 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
..when you have just fallen off a branch, shaken your little head, and shout to the gods, "Now play me the heavy versy on 45, or do us the 78rpm."

When you stay near that record-player even if it's the time for migrating to the winterquarters.

HyFlyRadio alongside chap

Last edited by Sir Ius Rincewind on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:32 pm 

When you stay on the Zappa forum even if some knucklehead keeps posting crap... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am 

Plook wrote:
When you stay on the Zappa forum even if some knucklehead keeps posting crap... :mrgreen:

I'll huka & drink to that. Ah,the old days,issac,help-rock,diesil dummy,ect. Know matter where ya go....there's an asshole who wants our "attention".If there was no assholes,there would be no most interesting stories in the world....as told by the guy who "knows" Keith Stoner.Who really is the bases for most of Mr.2 beers-XX being interesting at all. :roll: & when you drink...drink what the locals drink or you might not get back to tell the most interesting story's in the world mi amigo! Just a little tip from....Keith Stoner,or as you fondly call me,that knucklehead with springer front forks & ridgid frame,what a monster!....oops.. perhaps you were thinking of some one else. I'm so vain! :lol:
Funny,I prefer an Indian.-The first American built moter bike. :mrgreen:
Here's to FZ,The one that grabbed my ear and challenged me to understand music.
Keith Stoner,oec..or is it ceo of the O-Zone,Again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

I'll huka & drink to that. Ah,the old days,issac,help-rock,diesil dummy,ect. Know matter where ya go....there's an asshole who wants our "attention".If there was no assholes,there would be no most interesting stories in the world....as told by the guy who "knows" Keith Stoner.Who really is the bases for most of Mr.2 beers-XX being interesting at all. :roll: & when you drink...drink what the locals drink or you might not get back to tell the most interesting story's in the world mi amigo! Just a little tip from....Keith Stoner,or as you fondly call me,that knucklehead with springer front forks & ridgid frame,what a monster!....oops.. perhaps you were thinking of some one else. I'm so vain! :lol:

Hey Keith and Mr. Interesting. I'm going to see Pat Travers in Chico Friday night. Come on up for the show and I'll buy you a XX (or a Keystone for you Keith) at the Bear.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 pm 

You know you are a true Zappa fan when you trace every musical act back to the center of the musical universe: FZ. For example this Friday, I'm seeing Pat Travers. The drummer for Pat Travers during his heyday in the late 70's, early eighties was Tommy Aldridge. Tommy later went on to work with Ozzy Osbourne and Whitesnake. Steve Vai later recorded with Ozzy (though it has never been released) and recorded and toured with Whitesnake. Steve Vai, of course, began his career at the center of the musical universe, FZ.

And as if that weren't enough, Aynsley Dunbar has also recorded with Pat Travers (and Whitesnake). Aynsley also used to be in Jefferson Starship with Grace Slick whom Frank famously referenced on YCDTOSA #6. Frank also had a collaboration with Grace that I believe can be found on a Jefferson airplane box set. Aynsley was also in Journey. Journey's guitar player Neal Schon has released a solo cd on Vai's Favored Nations label. I also believe Aynsley's successor in Journey, Steve Smith, appears on one of Dweezil's early albums (My Guitar...). Steve Smith has a fusion project with Stuart Hamm and Frank Gambale. Stuart Hamm has toured and recorded extensively with Joe Satriani who, of course, gave Vai guitar lessons in high school. Hamm has also recorded with Vai and lived with him in his house in Sylmar in the early 80's. Dweezil, brushing up on his playing for the ZPZ project, studied Frank Gambale's sweep picking techniques from an instructional dvd.

I could go on but I won't. Sort of a six degrees of separation thing but worse.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:48 pm 

KillUgly's Paradise wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

Hey Keith and Mr. Interesting. I'm going to see Pat Travers in Chico Friday night. Come on up for the show and I'll buy you a XX (or a Keystone for you Keith) at the Bear.

I'm all set to film Vultures Await Sat, at The Stagg,KillUgly,or thats were I'd be.Like everyone else I have to budget more than usual right now so I can see DZpZ in SF then Reno. Thanks for the tip & offer. I'll see you in Reno,where the huskies go and there will be no seperation of degrees between Zappa's music and our ears! :wink: :D 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:15 pm 

KillUgly's Paradise wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

I have 6 flights in 4 days returning to Nor-Cal Thursday night and reports to write, I think I will be sleeping and typing until Sunday...lol... :|

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:33 pm 

No sweat gentlemen. I'll keep the Keystone and XX on ice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:26 pm 

Plook wrote:

you mean this guy?
the crap detector wrote:
I personnally enjoy Katty Perry, besides being easy on the eyes...she has a real catchy top 40 sound, that goes well at parties and social gatherings or just drivin at the beach on a sunny day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:34 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Plook wrote:

you mean this guy?
the crap detector wrote:
I personnally enjoy Katty Perry, besides being easy on the eyes...she has a real catchy top 40 sound, that goes well at parties and social gatherings or just drivin at the beach on a sunny day.

Dam Lumpy like that… you got to be kidding, I know you wouldn't be a hater that resorts to FOX News sound biting...what’s wrong with a catchy pop song…a time and a season to everything.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:37 pm 

Plook wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
you mean this guy?
the crap detector wrote:
Plook wrote:
Dam Lumpy like that… you got to be kidding, I know you wouldn't be a hater that resorts to FOX News sound biting...what’s wrong with a catchy pop song…a time and a season to everything.
nothing wrong with a catchy pop song, but, coming from a manufactured product like katy perry... no, spare me, please.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:56 pm 

Very Interesting...I think you may want to look into that a little more, I understand the natural instinct to lash out at anything that commericial music barfs up on us, especially being Zappa fans with the lack of credit the truelly great artists get. But to borrow a pun you may find a little more back beat to the story and the music if you take the time. I just can't blame any artist for taking that instant fame money, some end up getting an opportunity to do what they really wanted after they cash in, Jewel would be a good example...Anne Lennox another.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:58 pm 

Who the hell is Katty Perry? She the one that married Tom Cruse? No. So who? Inquirering minds want to know. :roll: :P :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:07 pm 

Plook wrote:
Very Interesting...I think you may want to look into that a little more, I understand the natural instinct to lash out at anything that commericial music barfs up on us, especially being Zappa fans with the lack of credit the truelly great artists get. But to borrow a pun you may find a little more back beat to the story and the music if you take the time. I just can't blame any artist for taking that instant fame money, some end up getting an opportunity to do what they really wanted after they cash in, Jewel would be a good example...Anne Lennox another.
blah blah blah, crap man.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:18 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Plook wrote:

Well there it is...we should hang out I could make you more interesting (yes it rubs off) and then you may end up with some depth and character...you might even become a Man, with class and a sense of humor...then your life would improve and you wouldn't need to act like the old man yelling at the kids to get off his lawn. It really is easier to do the right thing, and when you drink beer my friend drink XX…

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:47 pm 

Plook wrote:
Very Interesting...I think you may want to look into that a little more, I understand the natural instinct to lash out at anything that commericial music barfs up on us, especially being Zappa fans with the lack of credit the truelly great artists get. But to borrow a pun you may find a little more back beat to the story and the music if you take the time. I just can't blame any artist for taking that instant fame money, some end up getting an opportunity to do what they really wanted after they cash in, Jewel* would be a good example...Anne** Lennox another.
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Plook wrote:
Well there it is...we should hang out I could make you more interesting (yes it rubs off) and then you may end up with some depth and character...you might even become a Man, with class and a sense of humor...then your life would improve and you wouldn't need to act like the old man yelling at the kids to get off his lawn. It really is easier to do the right thing, and when you drink beer my friend drink XX…

"class and a sense of humor..." go post some more secret words for tonight, crap man. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

*jewel? you gotta be kidding...

**annie lennox (not anne). yeah, she's good. very good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:07 pm 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
...that one brings a chrismas record out, not with winterseasonsongs, ney with crisis perpetuations. I was hoping she at least knows a things, when I heard that, yesterday went into the unrecycleable. Okay, everyone may do what they wants, but then on their own planet. I'd rather eat my hair than break other people's spine. Was there ever a, like this word too much, proper popsong?! many will think, what's the problem. Precisely this. And now it's getting into a critical phase, what's going to happen when all humins reduced to one thought are even overstrained with that one?

One shouldn't worry really, there are still boundless possibilities, or not? try speaking with anyone. See you next spring, hope a magic thought shows up in that wintersleep. Don't panic, all others are doin' more than enough. If something interesting, promising turnes up, give the budgie a nudgie. ... I dare you.

..to eg mix up all alternative bands their best and listen then to ...just another pop-song. - Has for instance last year's RATmen's number one brought some changes? I might be a lil too normal, looking for just that average bit to start sorcery from. ...issie ..any thing ready..see? watch world news instead. Then the coffee to forget, how to live, the trick with spelling beansap over the mindful internet and more trials, terror and no Che to call your friend. Now, this is what one easily could name plane unearthly. Dunno about you. ...have a single party. Tell each and everyone to get so lost that they find themselves. ..or good ideas then to myClouds, loeul.

HyFlyRadio alongside chap

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:26 pm 

fuck you captain tom.-FZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:15 pm 

Hi,

The day that you stop worrying about Frant playing his gueetar or just shaking his boots!

And you have heard some of the orchestral and other stuff, because if you say that Overnight Sensation and Apostrophe is your favorite, I think that most of us here are going to say ... have you heard anything else? ... and you're probably going to lie to us!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:53 pm 

I SAID GET OFF MY FUCKING LAWN YOU SHITTY LITTLE KIDS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am 

In anticipation of celebrating 10 years of FZ fandom... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:23 am 

BBP wrote:
In anticipation of celebrating 10 years of FZ fandom... :mrgreen:

What are you doing for Zappadan,BBP? Your giving me some ideas! :D

Here in Davis we bike alot and its also the only way to get in the locked gate communities around here,where some of these folks have the target of my choice (thanks Frank) jockey's on the lawn....I've pee'd on a Beverely Hills lawn....and wrote FZ is Bwana Dik on the "Girls" bathroom wall of The Whiskey A Go-Go....in lipstick!....what next....?mmmm?
Now I have 3-4 targets.....what to do? Questions,questions.Where do I go to get a jockey knocker over in Davis?
While they are out with their poodle a poopin',
I wanna be knockin their jockeys off the lawn.
I's be ridin' on the concrete fawn. :mrgreen: (ya we gotta couple of those to)
Into the dawn of Fontana....CA.
What are you planning for Zappadan? Sounds like a new thread maybe?

YKYAATZFW....> you end every e-mail with Music is the Best! FZ!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:10 pm 

Bonny listens to all the albums for Zappadan.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:06 pm 

You pay $200 for a bunch of old songs that may, or may not, have Frank doing "mum-mum-mum's" in the background, or the occasional surf-guitar picking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next