Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:21 am 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
Good Idea, Herb. ..with anything of a how small whatsoever variation of eg mounting the stage and hope me hair is okay.

Whereupon Mr. So and Mr. Such wrote, "Bugger-all, I missed it." - What could one say? am now trying for ten month to get super-real ideas over to so-called experts... Hallol: High noon (ooper-lala, 13DST) on the Westcoast, either you've gone through a very brilliant Friday or you just simply haven't read one of the very few caring posters' djinnsayn sharings. Would you rather hear what just one of the seven billion dwarves are doing every day a sillion times? what said Phil Collins, "I don't care anymore." Houston? rotcha that.

....14EST incidentally, the preceding band played havoc for half an hour and only heard of Genesis' magic performances. The costumes made you cringe, the music was a cacophony of dins at large. Donno, what is your amble opinion? tell it to the neighbours then.

HyFlyRadio alongside chap

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:49 am 

Greggary Peccary was utterly brilliant, I have some small misgivings, like nonchalantly was pronounced 'nonchalantly' when it should have been "Non-Chalantly" as FZ really understood the subtlety of 'Eyebrows'. The Steno Pool was taped and a film of 3 typewriters was on the back screen, it worked really well as a spectacle. The Radios each tuned to a different station sounded weak from where I sat. The slight and somewhat diminutive singer with a fine fine voice did the part of Greggary Peccary beautifully, in fact he looked so much like GP as GP should, a few more tufts growing out of his head wouldn't go amiss. They did the last piece again as an encore and this time the Narrator Mr Mitch Benn modernised the piece by saying "Quentin Robert DeNameland now accepts Mastercard, Visa, and Paypal @Quentinrobertdenameland.com". I really enjoyed that. the Conductor told me that it was Mr Benn's idea.

Which I think was a nifty touch. I asked Mrs Zappa if GP will be shown in its entirety, as I had previously the day before asked the TV company man who interviewed me on Saturday me how SkyArts would be broadcasting GP (I told him to make sure back up camera's were in place for GP - as this was the highlight of the event) he said that they would only show an extract. I made the case to him for all of GP. Gail told me that she does not know.

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 am 

diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
… The Steno Pool was taped and a film of 3 typewriters was on the back screen, it worked really well as a spectacle. …
When The EM did GP in 2000 they had prerecorded tape/sampling in this section, too. The sampling/tape-preparartion had been done by EM-member Hermann Kretschmar then, if I remember correctly. And they had typewriters live on stage.

Th.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:57 am 

justHerb wrote:
I'd love to see this become an annual event...well done.

My T-shirt says "Year 1" on the back ..... :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:52 am 

In the heat of how well the ZFT thought the 3 days were going it was announced that they want to do this again. Since Zappa at the Roundhouse was the idea of it's music director Dave Gaydon then this is a major hurdle out of the way. It is a good idea as Chalk Farm, with Chalk Farm Tube station nearby is easy to get to, and Car Parking is possible compared to impossible in other parts of London. Also Chalk Farm it is outside the Congestion Zone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:52 pm 

is there a recording of broadcasted ZPZ gig?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 am 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
They are already downloadable at your nearest internet café. I will though take the next orientexpress to Babylondon and make that disc skimming over a terrific English cuppa camomille. Ya, phought it much more clever than 4ooKm herbals and stumble-lingerooneys. Also got it from tourist birds that the weather is brrrilliant.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:09 am 

Sir Ius Rincewind wrote:
They are already downloadable at your nearest internet café. I will though take the next orientexpress to Babylondon and make that disc skimming over a terrific English cuppa camomille. Ya, phought it much more clever than 4ooKm herbals and stumble-lingerooneys. Also got it from tourist birds that the weather is brrrilliant.

This was how Jeff Simmons was talking whilst he was partying all weekend at Chalk Farm!

He said that he got it from Aynsley Dunbar and Ringo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 am 

I heard a fantastic audio clip with Ringo hanging on Flo & Eddie's radio show the other day. That man *definitely* had a way with words! He cracked me!
However, this *cryptic* speak quoted above drives me bat-shit. :P

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:47 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:

I heard a fantastic audio clip with Ringo hanging on Flo & Eddie's radio show the other day. That man *definitely* had a way with words! He cracked me!
However, this *cryptic* speak quoted above drives me bat-shit. :P

That's what's in the water in Liverpool. Both drummers 'who have had their encounter with FZ' are from the Beatles homeland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:40 am 

floss wrote:
justHerb wrote:
I'd love to see this become an annual event...well done.

My T-shirt says "Year 1" on the back ..... :D

Sounds promising...thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:21 pm 

Just to forestall further misinterpretation and -apprehensions, this concert or any other event of splendor isn't available on no dowedo or whatever. This is science fiction. I had millions of letters in the last few days. If you wanted to see fine arts, go to internet. I only mentioned that cd phenomenon for no reason, believe in such a doobry just enough in order to hear UFO and to imagine what would be needed to make it go fly and find another Shangri-La. Is this clear now? so where're these advanced cassette widget thingies what apparently proved too heavy stuff for all those dwarves.

By now this technology would make bats and cats coming to our window and asking for a dance competition, just for the lol. Don't get me wrong, digital controlling is absolute great, ever tried picturing how a hard-drive or CD-Rom works? the velocity, of discs and data transfer? the distance between laser and disc? ney, no-one can, atoms have to steep sometimes, then proceed with the idea that it all can be moved around, the very staggering strolling idea. Do you know what it takes to produce a plane disc? to start wiv a silicium plant worth billions just to purify that material up to 99%. The electronics then manage the fine tuning of reading, buffering the data et al. It's all so awright, the sound coming out of them loudspeakers is all natural again. Not so sure anymore of what contemptoraries are thinking, doing etc.

.."..just believing sufficiently to make a CD float-esque.." that's rather trrriffic, innit? Thanks to Terry Pratchett, all others may continue changing Superpossibility into ....issie coffee clear, me brain isn't crashing fast enough. It's been all there and abundant, on the tip of a claw, is this right or is me simply good?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:34 pm 

That's what's in the water in Liverpool. Both drummers 'who have had their encounter with FZ' are from the Beatles homeland

Macca never talked like that.... (but then again, he does have his lyrics-with-no-words songs!) :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:16 pm 

'zappa at the roundhouse' and the mojo magazine the same month... good job, zft.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:40 am 

Picked up the Zappa issue of Mojo today, actually. Looks great.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:25 am 

Desperately looking for this on a newsstand in the US, has anyone seen it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 am 

justHerb wrote:

I bought it directly from Mojo's website (expensive but hopefully worth it!)

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 pm 

I bought Mojo today £5.99 it look's ok.
Guitar player on the other hand,i can't find a copy in no Newsagents,i'm pretty sure i've not see GP Mag for Years :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7TDEmUXLU&feature=fvst
2010-11-06 Roundhouse, Zappa Plays Zappa - RDNZL

Best Quality.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:27 am 

justHerb wrote:

Will must likely not show up on our side of the pond 'till the end of the month... I got my friend from Long Island searching the racks for it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:27 pm 

yes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:12 am 

Location: on the ether from www.deliciousagony.com only fair wave left methinks
would this be the stuff with that psydekick lobe, that singer above the clouds, eh crowds? no phanks, not really my cuppa seawa'er :lol: preferably listening to sirenes.

ya wa? the mewzick's pretty spectacular, geez. ..where's me chic cap swaggering to? rather mad. If only others would hark. Next phing on the wish-list gonna be a web-capable mobile iets, an hify-amp powered by solar-panels and propellers on that drat hat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:55 pm 

Does anyone have a link to an actual USEFUL seating plan for the Roundhouse? Being offered tickets R33/34 but can't find out where they are. How completely STUPID is it not to be able to choose tickets, or at least see where you are going to pay £80 (plus travelling expenses) to sit, which may give a crap view. Poor show Roundhouse.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:59 pm 

floss wrote:
Does anyone have a link to an actual USEFUL seating plan for the Roundhouse? .
I know Stall u is up on The Balcony it has some weird shape floor there so thay dont call that the Stall :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:17 pm 

I got standing tickets for the Roundhouse show. Hopeful for another entire weekend of FZ there!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 am 

I be making a weekend of it if possible last time took till 5 in the morning too find my car :mrgreen:

found a useful seating plan
Posh Seats £60
Ringside £40
Stalls £35
Rear Stalls and Circle £25
Standing £15
prices for some show beginning of 2012

the bar looks like it's in the same place i paid around the same price for a stall ticket last time in 2010 when ZPZ was there.

Edit The Posh was not open i swear the stage was underneath it :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next