Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Amsterdam coffee shop
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:53 am 

Ages ago someone mentioned that there is a coffee shop in the great city of Amsterdam that is run by a Zappa fan. I cant find the thread, please! does someone know where it is? As I am making a return to Holland In January and would love to chill out to FZ  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:21 am 

Many thanks Sebastiaan!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:02 am 

Most definitely my favourite place in Holland! ;D<br><br> I recommend the Shiva.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:00 pm 

Hi, im new, first post,<br><br>I just wanted to say that DeKuil is the best coffeeshop in Amsterdam. I dont visit any other coffeeshop when im in town.<br>You can't beat 'avin a puff with F.Z. playing in the room.<br>And also, try the Blueberry. Very nice!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:55 am 

[quote author=Sgt_Hamliver link=board=general;num=1038930840;start=0#0 date=12/03/02 at 07:53:59]Ages ago someone mentioned that there is a coffee shop in the great city of Amsterdam that is run by a Zappa fan. I cant find the thread, please! does someone know where it is? As I am making a return to Holland In January and would love to chill out to FZ  [/quote]<br><br>Don't they have Coffee shops in England Sergeant ???<br>Who could blame you, we all know that the best once are located in The Netherlands...<br>Have a good time...<br>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:07 am 

Hey I AM What I Is, I've got a feeling I know you from somewhere? <br>Anyhow, welcome aboard. This is a really cool site, hope you enjoy it here!<br>And yes, that Blueberry sure is good! ;D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:13 am 

Nah we dont have coffee shops in England unfortunatley :( I think someone opened one when cannabis was droped to a class c drug but the police busted them. Wow such a terrible crime! There was problably someone getting stabbed to death in the next street while the police waste manpower arresting people enjoying a smoke!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:17 pm 

the grasshopper plays zappa on request, at least when i hung out there ~ '84, '91 & '99

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:07 am 

You all are making me drool....With flights so cheap from the states. ummmm. yes may be one day.  The blueberry, ah, anyway...<br>I have heard of a few of these places "hidden" in Montreal.  Does any one know of where or how I may find one on my next excursion to the big city.  Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:16 am 

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:46 pm 

yeah liver - the shop was in stockport outside manchester - the guy got charged for somethin - i dunno what as he was not actually sellin weed - the customers where smokin their own - in fact i dunno if its still open or not - i recon it was all perfectly legal , id like to find out what the outcome was<br><br>legalise pot<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:08 am 

Think it was called "The Dutch Experience" and the bizzies (police) raided it and closed it on the first day . Don't think it sold weed but you could smoke your own in there. The proprietor may have got a custodial sentence too - not too sure though. Getting monged in Stockport doesn't seem to have the same aura as in "The 'Dam" does it ??  ;)<br><br>At least you wouldn't get the "Psst ! Hey Charlie, Ecstacy, Speed" offers every 10 yards though from the local vendors ! Last thing you want to contend with after a huge bong! :P<br>

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:55 pm 

[quote author=Baby Snake link=board=general;num=1038930840;start=15#16 date=05/19/03 at 13:08:55]Think it was called "The Dutch Experience" and the bizzies (police) raided it and closed it on the first day . Don't think it sold weed but you could smoke your own in there. The proprietor may have got a custodial sentence too - not too sure though. Getting monged in Stockport doesn't seem to have the same aura as in "The 'Dam" does it ??  ;)<br><br>At least you wouldn't get the "Psst ! Hey Charlie, Ecstacy, Speed" offers every 10 yards though from the local vendors ! Last thing you want to contend with after a huge bong! :P<br>[/quote]<br><br><br> ;D Thats sooooo true!!! Its bad enough being sooooo monged on White widdow in a strange place, plus trying not to stare at ladies in neon lit boxes. Without someone wispering that in your ears every 30 meters.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:10 am 

Here's a bit of "Pulp Fiction" I though would fit in here... <br><br><br>                                  JULES<br>                       -- okay now, tell me about the hash<br>                       bars?<br><br>                                  VINCENT<br>                       What do you want to know?<br><br>                                  JULES<br>                       Well, hash is legal there, right?<br><br>                                  VINCENT<br>                       Yeah, it's legal, but is ain't a<br>                       hundred percent legal.  I mean you<br>                       can't walk into a restaurant, roll<br>                       a joint, and start puffin' away.<br>                       You're only supposed to smoke in<br>                       your home or certain designated<br>                       places.<br><br>                                  JULES<br>                       Those are hash bars?<br><br>                                  VINCENT<br>                       Yeah, it breaks down like this:<br>                       it's legal to buy it, it's legal to<br>                       own it and, if you're the<br>                       proprietor of a hash bar, it's<br>                       legal to sell it.  It's legal to<br>                       carry it, which doesn't really<br>                       matter 'cause -- get a load of this<br>                       -- if the cops stop you, it's<br>                       illegal for this to search you.<br>                       Searching you is a right that the<br>                       cops in Amsterdam don't have.<br><br>                                  JULES<br>                       That did it, man -- I'm fuckin'<br>                       goin', that's all there is to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:37 pm