Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:22 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Bright shape changing UFO, Moscow 18.01.2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUmOHaDQbFc

Project bluebeam hologram? Alien spacecraft? Interdimentional creature? Us from the future? You even get some Tuva throat singing or mongolian overtone singing along with it...

Good one, I would like to know if the zoom image could be the result of camera caused apature distortion, that as been the finding of other film and vidio shots of anomolus lights while the light is zoomed in on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 am 

Your sewer pipe must be broken it don't work no more :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 am 

That's right, oh-oh.... :P

Plook: As a 'serious' scientist, I think I forgot to mention the fraud hypothesis... But, honestly I don't think it is the case. There is a recent book from the UK National Archives which after you read it, you become convinced that this mysterious subject, always the target of ridicule, pseudo-skepticism and disinformation is definitively serious...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:11 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Plook: As a 'serious' scientist, I think I forgot to mention the fraud hypothesis... But, honestly I don't think it is the case. There is a recent book from the UK National Archives which after you read it, you become convinced that this mysterious subject, always the target of ridicule, pseudo-skepticism and disinformation is definitively serious...

Don't get me wrong I am 100% sure of UFO's, I am just sick of ridicul due to the false claims and mis-interpratations. Since I read extensively on the subject I am well versed on the apurture effect causing false photage, this is commen while photographing or taping anomalous lights at night. I am with you in this case that this looks like good photage, I was just wondering out loud about the modern video camera and whether the apature effect is in play since I have not seen anything current on this after the advent and common use of these devices over the last 5 to 10 years. I suspect that the effect is lessened due to the current crop using mega pixel technology, but I am not sure, my bad for not keeping up on this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:05 pm 

kids move aside,the samme shit agien just diffident planet they say now .
Quantum Booloocks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mgxf
They tell you next you get more sence if you nanook you head on a wall :mrgreen:

e

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 am 

Plook wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Don't get me wrong I am 100% sure of UFO's, I am just sick of ridicul due to the false claims and mis-interpratations. Since I read extensively on the subject I am well versed on the apurture effect causing false photage, this is commen while photographing or taping anomalous lights at night. I am with you in this case that this looks like good photage, I was just wondering out loud about the modern video camera and whether the apature effect is in play since I have not seen anything current on this after the advent and common use of these devices over the last 5 to 10 years. I suspect that the effect is lessened due to the current crop using mega pixel technology, but I am not sure, my bad for not keeping up on this.

Check it out...

Spectacular Jan 18, 2011 Moscow UFO part fulfillment of ET council’s prediction?

A video of a spectacular pyramidal UFO taken from the 20th story of a building in Moscow on January 18, 2011 may strengthen the fulfillment of a Dec. 3, 2010 prediction by now deceased former NORAD officer Stanley A. Fulham.

On Dec. 3, 2010, the now deceased Canadian former NORAD officer Stanley A. Fulham publicly wrote:

“In my last ‘Reading’ with the Transcendors on Tuesday, October 13th, 2010, the Transcendors advised me of the following predictions on the Pleiadian UFO displays:

“A. There will be a major UFO display over Moscow between the end of the first part of January 2011 and the second week of January 2011.

“B. This ‘display’ will be followed by a major display over London approximately seven-days later.”

The Jan. 18. 2011 UFO sighting over Moscow is technically outside the time period mentioned in Mr. Fulham’s Dec. 3 statement. The second full week of January is the week of Jan. 10 – 16, 2011.

January 18, 2011 can be interpreted as falling two days outside this period that Mr. Fulham predicted “There will be a major UFO display over Moscow between the end of the first part of January 2011 and the second week of January 2011.”

Whether the January 18, 2011 UFO sighting can technically be included in UFO sightings to be evaluated as to whether the predicted showing of Pleiadian interdimensional ships of a hypothetical galactic governance council set out in Mr. Fulham’s book Challenges of Change is a matter for public debate and understanding.

View video of spectacular triangular Jan. 18 UFO over Moscow

Readers can view the video of the spectacular triangular Jan. 18, 2011 UFO over Moscow, Russia in this article, or in the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUmOHaDQbFc

Summary of the Jan. 2011 Moscow UFO wave to date

One Canadian UFO researcher who is a close associate of the now deceased Stanley A. Fulham wrote this reporter of a huge UFO seen on the evening of January 15, 2011 by a crowd in Moscow, Russia and caught on videotape. The Canadian UFO reseacher sent this reporter Alfred Lambremont Webre the email of a gentleman living in Moscow as further evidence of the ongoing UFO wave. The Canadian UFO researcher has sent all of reports of the Jan. 2011 UFO wave to both this reporter since the UFO wave began.

The email from the Canadian UFO researcher includes the following update email from a witness to a UFO overflight in Moscow:

Sent: January 16, 2011 10:15:56 AM
To: [Redacted]@hotmail.com

Hi,

I’m an American (native New Yorker) living and working in Moscow Russia.
I don't really follow any UFO news, so I’m not a hunter for these topics or things.

However, last night [January 15, 2011], walking from the metro (subway) to my housing complex, as we were walking, we saw a crowd of people standing in the neighboring field, looking into the night sky. I thought they were peeping toms into the building.

As we got closer, I decided to look further, and there in the very close distance, was this flying sphere... it was floating-hovering sporadically from left to right to right to left, stopping in mid air, and this "HUGE" ball of light, at times blinking from the top or bottom, as well as left and right sides...

Naturally the naked eye will see more. This is just a mere clip...

It definitely was not a plane, or a jet, i.e., not the headlights of them too, nor was it a helicopter with a huge projecting lamp, otherwise, you would see the light path of both...

This was a HUGE SPHERE of light, flying and stopping...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCYY4FQotV8

K
Moscow Russia

View ongoing Moscow January 2011 UFO wave

Examiner.com readers can view the video of the huge sphere of light UFO embedded above in the article or at the following URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCYY4FQotV8

On January 13, 2011, this reporter Alfred Lambremont Webre wrote,

January 2011 UFO wave over Moscow is 3rd independent confirmation of ET council

A remarkable UFO wave over Moscow, Russia in early January 2011 has reportedly confirmed the predictions of an apparent regional galactic governance council that its interdimensional spacecraft would appear over Moscow Russia at that time.

On Dec. 3, 2010, the now deceased Canadian former NORAD officer Stanley A. Fulham publicly wrote:

“In my last ‘Reading’ with the Transcendors on Tuesday, October 13th, 2010, the Transcendors advised me of the following predictions on the Pleiadian UFO displays:

“A. There will be a major UFO display over Moscow between the end of the first part of January 2011 and the second week of January 2011.

“B. This ‘display’ will be followed by a major display over London approximately seven-days later.”

For the full text of Mr. Fulham's Dec. 3, 2010 communique, please go to:

http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics-in-seattle/are-the-ufos-appearing-russia-skies-dec-2010-fulham-s-predicted-ufo-wave

Three predicted ‘Council’ UFO overflights: New York and Moscow

This appearance of apparent Pleiadean UFO craft over Moscow, Russia marks the third independent occasion that inter-dimensional messages inspired by an apparent galactic governance council and predicting an overflight of Pleiadean spacecraft over a major urban area have in fact been accurately fulfilled.

Oct. 13, 2010 (New York) - The first occasion was a council prediction through Stanley A. Fulham that galactic governance council ships would appear over New York on the night of Oct. 13, 2010. In fact, UFOs did appear then and were filmed, and can be seen by clicking here.

Nov. 24, 2010 – The second occasion was a council prediction though a former NATO-Spanish intelligence agent who was contacted interdimensionally by representatives of the reported regional galactic governance council on Nov. 9, 2010 and told that the council ships would appear over Manhattan, New York City on Nov. 24, 2010.

In fact, UFOs did appear then and were filmed and can be seen by clicking here or below:

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Spectacular Jan 18, 2011 Moscow UFO part fulfillment of ET council’s prediction? - Seattle exopolitics | [url]Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics-in- ... z1BbRevfRC[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:12 am 

Wow I would like to speak with the regional galactic governance council, I have some complants!

Well maybe their going to come and straighten out all the religous wackos...we could use the help, although I think if they landed on the White House lawn, Fox News and the Musilim Clerics would be able to spin it to their view point, their crowds have already drank the Kool-Aid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:20 pm 

PINK FLOYD STAR PAYS TREATMENT FEES OF HACKER IN US TRIAL FIGHT

ROCK legend David Gilmour is paying the psychiatric care bills of computer hacker Gary McKinnon who is fighting extradition to the US.

David Gilmour is paying the psychiatric care bills of computer hacker Gary McKinnon

Treatment paid for by a north London primary care trust stopped last month because of NHS cutbacks.

But the Pink Floyd guitarist, who supports mental health campaigns, has stepped in to pay for the sessions with Asperger’s syndrome expert Professor Jeremy Turk.

Mr McKinnon, 45, is about to enter his ninth year of fighting US attempts to jail him for up to 60 years.

He admits hacking into Pentagon and NASA computers in 2001 and 2002 for information on UFOs.

But the US government says he posed a serious risk to national defence and want him to stand trial.

His mother, Janis, said: “When I heard about the funding for Gary’s psychiatrist suddenly being refused I was incredibly worried.

“What will happen to other people with psychiatric problems if their funding is cut off?

“David and his wife Polly and Polly’s brother Joe are really good people. They never publicise the good things they do behind the scenes. They just do it and we’re so grateful for that.”

While the legal battle continues, Janis has disclosed confidential medical information which suggests Gary showed signs of mental disorder as a teenager.

A history of mental illness in the family will be used to argue that he should not go on trial in America.

Mr McKinnon’s great-grandmother, Christina Macleod, was committed to a mental hospital in Scotland, where she remained for more than 50 years up until her death aged 95. His grandmother, Margaret Totten, who died in 1999, suffered from depression and was treated for schizophrenia. Patients with Asperger’s or autism have been wrongly diagnosed as having schizophrenia.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/228722/Pink-Floyd-star-pays-treatment-fees-of-hacker-in-US-trial-fight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:39 pm 

Location: on the ether from www.deliciousagony.com only fair wave left methinks
This sounds awright for myFriend, doesn't it? If now David would go to the period where he and his band have written, performed Animals with a fresh approach to bring an important message over to the youth it might result in sphinxes going ballistrick all over the places. ..working on it.

oopsie (that's their idea)

..how was one to accumulate enough show-motion for actually create a dazzling deluge in snow that Winter's going to preferably have its party-drinks with paperbrellas. You don't believe Earth could do with a nice coup? you're absolutely right, a nifty monocock flyer will (have to) do. Broom de zoooommm

ya wa? the mewzick's pretty spectacular, geez. ..where's me chic cap swaggering to? rather mad. If only others would hark. Next phing on the wish-list gonna be a web-capable mobile iets, an hify-amp powered by solar-panels and propellers on that drat hat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am 

you know we always talk about 'intelligent' life out there....but there is life out there already...the microorganisms on mars and asteroids. who knows, their spores could be traveling and dispersing throughout the entire cosmos, planting seeds of life everywhere, to 'find' the right place suitable for life.

as for intelligent life...heres the thing...if we went all out in space exploration from now no until our end and find things, we may not find anything right NOW. intelligent life may have come and gone billions of years ago in distant galaxies, or are billions of years from forming in other galaxies. what is to say everything will be 'timed' so perfectly? in the span of billions of years so far, and billions more to go, our 'civilization' stage has lasted, and lets be generous here, 10,000 years, and take these estimations of the 'age' of the universe at 10bn

10,000 years in 10,000,000,000 years....so our 'window' of existence is .000001% of all known existence ( i may be short or long a zero or two there)

i always wonder about what their chemistry would be like...we have no idea what other 'earth like' planets have at all. would they have a metabolism similar to ours, let alone be carbon based, or have these self-replicating molecules that also store information (i.e. DNA) or even have enzymes at all!

forget what they look like (always like big insects or humanoids in films) what about their chemistry. we assume too much. we only have 1 sample set, and thats life on earth. who knows if life anywhere else follows these same principles, or what else life 'could be'

whew. in other words, i doubt we find anything in our existence. and if we do (which we might on a daily basis! ok im not that crazy), maybe we miss it because we dont really know what to look for, since we expect them to look like Chewbacca, as opposed to waves of energy or some crazy stuff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:22 am 

Ret. Col. Says UFOs Are Real, but Denies Government Cover-Up

Whether you believe or disbelieve the notion that UFOs are visitors from another planet, a former highly decorated military officer now comes forward with information that may infuriate those on both sides in the ongoing ET debate.

Retired Col. John Alexander, using his military savvy and high security clearance, spent a quarter of a century going through the top levels of the U.S. government and military searching for the group of people who were allegedly responsible for UFO information and the supposedly decades-old UFO cover-up.

His conclusions: Not only is there no such group and no cover-up, but disclosure about UFOs has already occurred on different official levels.

With so many people crying out these days for the U.S. government or the United Nations or even the Vatican to issue some sort of "we are not alone in the universe" disclosure statement, Alexander says the information has been dripping out all around us, over decades, with top officials casually making statements about UFOs.

He references this 1950 remark made by President Harry Truman: "I can assure you the flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on Earth."

"Disclosure has happened," Alexander added. "It starts with former presidents Truman, Carter, Reagan and [the Soviet Union's] Gorbachev. I've got stacks of generals, including Soviet generals, who've come out and said UFOs are real. My point is, how many times do senior officials need to come forward and say this is real?" Alexander told AOL News.

"At one time, before a lot of this information was released, I could see both the classified and the unclassified material. And I will tell you that 98 percent of the information was already in the public domain. The only things that weren't there was stuff like sources and method, which is protected, but the information about the incident was already out there."

Several months ago, a group of ex-military officers came forward to discuss their experiences when UFOs reportedly tampered with American nuclear missile sites. While Alexander acknowledges the events, he suggests why there was no intense intelligence investigation of these incidents.

"They absolutely happened, but when it's a one-time event, the attitude of investigators is: If it happens again, we'll get nervous, but since it didn't happen, put it aside.

"It's sort of an indictment that says, despite overwhelming evidence of interaction with strategic systems, nothing was done. And in my view, it is put, like a number of things, in the too-tough-to-handle bin."

The 74-year-old former Green Beret A-Team commander and developer of weapons at Los Alamos, N.M., is one of many speakers presenting his views at this week's International UFO Congress in Scottsdale, Ariz. He takes issue with both true believers (who assume any strange light in the sky is from another planet) and hard-nosed skeptics (who debunk any and all UFO reports and evidence to the contrary).

In his new book, "UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies and Realities" (Thomas Dunne Books), Alexander jumps right to the chase, saying, "UFOs are real! With no prevarication or qualification of terms, there are physical objects of unknown origin that do transit our universe. The evidence that supports those statements is simply overwhelming."

The evidence he speaks of includes the hard data of sensor technology that has frequently confirmed the reality of physical craft and the high quality of extremely reliable eyewitnesses who are "neither misreporting facts nor delusional."

After spending decades deeply embroiled behind the scenes, Alexander's assertion of the reality of UFOs still leaves the bigger question: What's the origin and purpose of these unexplained machines? (If, in fact, they are machines in the sense that we use that term.)

"The problem is, when you discuss UFOs, we are talking everything from little balls of light to hard craft a mile or more across, and everything in between. So what is it?" Alexander asked.

"I argue that, not only are we not solving the problems yet, we're not even asking the right questions, because we approach this wrong.

"I suspect that consciousness is a piece of the puzzle. We talk about UFOs, saying it's a technology that's 1,000 years in advance, but it really isn't. If you follow the history of these things, usually it is somewhat in advance, but not beyond our comprehension by any stretch of the imagination.

"The conundrum you get into is, yes, they are seen by sensors; however, at other times, they are not seen by sensors that should've seen them, and that's one I can't answer."

Alexander is a frequent guest on "Coast to Coast AM With George Noory," the popular overnight radio program. George Knapp, a multiple Emmy Award-winning investigative reporter and a weekend "Coast to Coast" host, praises Alexander's stance and suggests his book "will almost certainly infuriate zealots on both ends of the UFO spectrum."

In his review of Alexander's book, Knapp wrote: "Alexander's military mind instinctively gets to the heart of UFO cases and issues, makes quick work of charlatans and fools, and will likely inspire a new round of speculation about his presumed role as an MIB-type spook who spies on the UFO community."

In the early 1980s, Alexander created a behind-the-scenes government UFO study group called Advanced Theoretical Physics, or ATP, that consisted of members of the military, scientific and intelligence communities. With a top-secret security clearance, Alexander also had a tremendous amount of flexibility.

A key outcome of that study group was, contrary to conspiracy theorists' beliefs, that nobody in the government was responsible for UFO information.

He says that after his ATP group looked at many UFO cases, they came to some key conclusions:

* There was sufficient evidence supported by high-quality data to know that some UFO cases were real anomalies -- not just poor observation or misidentification.
* There were cases involving military weapon systems that posed a significant threat and should be investigated.
* Multisensory data supported observations of physical craft that performed intelligent maneuvers that were far beyond any known human capability.
* There were cases that involved trace physical evidence.
* Study of the UFO data could provide a potential for a leap in technology.

All that being said, Alexander also states that the infamous Roswell, N.M., UFO case of 1947 was not, in fact, a crashed alien spacecraft but a top-secret military project called Mogul.

"It was a real incident, no doubt about it. The Air Force played it abysmally, but I think there is a prosaic answer, and that was Project Mogul," Alexander explained. "It wasn't a weather balloon -- it was something really quite different. This was designed to listen to the Soviet Union.

"So when they say it was stretched out across the field, yup, exactly the way it was done. It was supersecret and it didn't involve UFOs."

After many years of deep research into UFOs, Alexander is convinced from both a personal and military point of view that it's a much more complex issue than the idea of Earth being visited by extraterrestrials. He proposes a concept called precognitive sentient phenomena.

"The point is there is something out there that is sentient. When I say precognitive, it knows -- whatever it is -- not only what it is going to present, but how we are going to respond to it.

"The public is interested but ambivalent in general. The public believes in UFOs, but it doesn't affect their daily lives," Alexander explained. "In the military, you learn very quickly it is not career-enhancing to bring up anomalies that you don't have good answers for.

"There's a euphemism in the military: If you bring me a problem, bring me a solution."

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/23/retired-army-colonel-says-ufos-are-real-but-denies-government-c/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:34 am 

I'm rather surprised that Plook or Mr Green Genes have not yet posted on this in this thread...
The FBI opens it's flies, er excuse me, files:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13081831

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:50 am 

Caputh wrote:
I'm rather surprised that Plook or Mr Green Genes have not yet posted on this in this thread...
The FBI opens it's flies, er excuse me, files:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13081831

Good catch Caputh, I find that these file dumps very seldom contian anything earth shattering, although sometimes the stuff that should be there that is missing seems to reveal more about what they don't want us to know. I think when documents that should be there are missing that these are the cases that should be more closely examined, such as the Bentwaters case of 1980, Roswell the granddaddy of them all, and others that have been reported and some mundane information is released but the greater investigated documentation that we know should have been created as a matter of routine business is missing, that exclusion says something is not right here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:46 am 

Thanks Caputh, the reason I did not post it, is I had not seen it :wink:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12624573

In a similar (coordinated?) move, the Brazilian Air Force just annouced the release of secret files to the National Archives here. I bet there are UFO related material among it...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:39 pm 

My goodness Plook and Mr. GG don't tell me I've scooped you again? :wink:
A space station on Mars!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -Mars.html
(It will probably turn out to be a sex toy that some enormous alien wanted to hide from her husband). :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:04 am 

Caputh wrote:
My goodness Plook and Mr. GG don't tell me I've scooped you again? :wink:
A space station on Mars!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -Mars.html
(It will probably turn out to be a sex toy that some enormous alien wanted to hide from her husband). :mrgreen:

Another good find

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:43 am 

I am finishing a book called UFO's over California and they are doing the abduction stuff and the girl in one of the stories said that the Aliens told her how to make a UFO Detector, here is the design:

The device involves two adjacent magnets which created a weak magnetic field, whenever the strongermagnetic field approached, it would break the connection between the two weaker magnets thereby indicating the close presence of a UFO.

Definitly need to build one of these....
:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:57 am 

I have the instructions on how to make a anti-mind-probing tinfoil hat! :mrgreen:

Welsh UFO sightings revealed in latest government files

Details of UFO sightings across Wales in the last 25 years are revealed in files made public by the Ministry of Defence.

A UFO spotted over St Tudwals Islands in the Llyn Peninsula in Gwynedd and a "slow-moving disc" seen at a festival in Llanfyllin, Powys, are included.

The 34 files released by the National Archives cover 1985 to 2007.

Accounts of sightings over Anglesey, Denbighshire, Cardiff and Swansea are also detailed.

The files include requests for information about UFO sightings in south Wales made by various newspapers and confirmation that a reported UFO incident over Swansea in 1998 was either RAF Sea Kings or Vampire planes.

The UFO spotted over the St Tudwals Islands was caught on a weather web cam on 8 May, 2006 and said to be "hanging in the sky" by one spectator.

However, the MoD said the picture was not clear enough to conclude what it actually was and it had received no other UFO sightings for that date.
Airspace breached

The disc shape spotted at the music festival at Llanfyllin in Powys was reported to be four different colours - blue, green, white and orange - and was spotted by festival-goers as they waited to be picked up.

Witnesses said it was a few hundred feet in the air and was moving up and down in the sky "quite slowly" and their eyes were "glued" to the lights.

An MoD official responded, saying: "We are satisfied that there is no corroborating evidence to suggest that the United Kingdom's airspace was breached by unauthorised aircraft."

Another reported sighting in Bangor in on 26 August, 2000 involved a staff member from Coleg Menai, who contacted RAF Valley on Anglesey after seeing a "fireball or meteorite" facing the Snowdonia mountains.

The report states that after being spotted in the air, the object "followed a fairly shallow trajectory and then plunged into Llyn Cefni, which was down the slope from where we were sitting, and approximately 80m away.

"The object appeared much bigger than the houses and farm buildings which were on the opposite side of the lake, and towards the end of trajectory almost appeared to be flaming, rather than 'glowing'."
'Black and spinning'

This sighting was also dismissed by the MoD, as it was not corroborated by any other sightings.

Other highlights from the files include:

MoD notes on the infamous Berwyn Mountains incident of 1974. Dubbed the Welsh Roswell, official files have previously shown it was dismissed as an earthquake and a meteor combining

Confirmation that a UFO sighting in January 1974 reported in 2006 at Llandrillo in Denbighshire was probably a Canberra aircraft taking pictures of the area as part of a training exercise
Response to a Freedom of Information request from 2005, listing all reported Welsh sightings for 2002-2005. These include "two round objects with legs, which were black and spinning" over the Rhondda in July 2003 and a "roundish, football-shaped object" over Maesteg in August 2003. There were also reports of a large round disc "slightly smaller than the moon", changing from creamy white to green over Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan in January 2003.
A request by Labour MP Martin Caton about sightings of lights his constituents had reported over Swansea in October 1998. The MoD explained these were probably two Sea King helicopters, one from RAF Chivenor and one from RAF Valley, given permission to land at Swansea Airport on 8 October.

The files are available to download for free for a month from the National Archives website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14481770

Ministry of Defence files on UFO sightings released

Newly released government files on UFOs show a lack of will and resources to study thousands of reported sightings.

The Ministry of Defence files released by the National Archives cover reported sightings of UFOs from 1985 to 2007.

In one, a military officer predicts embarassment if the public discovered a "lack of funds and higher priorities" were stopping UFO investigations.

The 34 files include sightings of lights over Glastonbury and a "flying saucer" in Nottinghamshire.

They can be downloaded free of charge for a month from the National Archives website.

National Archives consultant Dr David Clarke said it was about time the data was released.

"One of the most interesting documents in the files is a piece from an intelligence officer, who basically says that despite thousands of reports that they've received since the Second World War, they've never done any study or spent any money or time on the subject, and they say that people just won't believe that when they find out."

The internal memo from a DI55 [defence intelligence] wing commander dated 5 July 1995 says the media's portrayal of DI55 as a "defender of the Earth against the alien menace" is "light years from the truth."

The file shows the officer feared that if intelligence's interest in UFOs was to be revealed it could cause "disbelief and embarrassment since few people will believe the truth that lack of funds and higher priorities have prevented any study of the thousands of reports received."

A former Ministry of Defence UFO investigator said the files reflected debate over the significance of reported UFO sightings.

Nick Pope worked at the MoD between 1991 and 1994.

He said the files were quite revealing: "The fascinating thing about these files is that they show that just as in society there's this huge debate about UFOs - is it really interesting, are we being visited by aliens - or is it all just nonsense?

"We were having the same debates in the Ministry of Defence. Some people thought it was a waste of time and money, others thought it was of extreme defence significance."
Reported sightings

Defence experts examined a 2004 photo of a "flying saucer" over Retford town hall

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14486678

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:44 pm 

In these Government release's in both the US and Britain the big find has often been what is missing, in the (2) biggies alone (Roswell & Bentwaters) which were acknowledged, denied, explained, denied, re-explained, etc...The document dumps backed up UFO Researchers by there lack of common everyday forms. If these cases had been of no significance as claimed and explainable by a misidentifications, they would have produced a host of common everyday paperwork that is regularly generated in the Military environment whenever anything is reported no matter how insignificant. Sometimes it is what is not there that tells you something extraordinary happened.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:48 am 

The way I see it, Plook, these documents show a change of direction on public policy. Even though some are pretty innocuous, most cannot be dismissed away by old automatic denial mentality.

The book from the UK archives is pretty interesting, with some amazing high profile (at least amidst ufologists) cases, not easily dismissed as something out of the ordinary...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:03 am 

Scientific UFO evidence out of Norway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzI3s7V5DKU
Scientists in Hessdalen, Norway, track strange lights in the night sky moving at speeds of up to 30,000 kilometers per hour, while local residents tell of seeing brightly lit flying craft. This circumstance is called the "Hessdalen Phenomenon."

Hessdalen,Norway has UFO Observatory since 1988.
'Fully Automatic UFO Observatory' records UFO activity 24-7 from the early 80s:
A government funded and public UFO research project done by scientists and students. They also caught "UFO"s on video.
They say they don't know what they are, but they can say it's here and real.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:46 am 

Hey, maybe they all came from Keppler 22b
http://scienceray.com/technology/is-the ... epler-22b/
Which, I suppose, proves that we are probably not alone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:12 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:58 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

One more reason to get rid of the man, I went to Dealey Plaza Saturaday since I was in Dallas over the weekend, the spot is so much smaller than it appears on TV and film, the place would fit in a space smaller than a football field.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 am 

Hey Plook and Mr. Green Genes - my brother says I should watch this...
http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo ... tary_FULL/
Whadayathink?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next