Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:37 pm 

Bird kills man at cockfight

A man who was at an illegal cockfight in central California died after being stabbed in the leg by a bird which had a knife attached to its leg, officials said.

A man died after being stabbed by a knife attached to a rooster's limb at a cockfight. The blood sport is illegal under US law

José Luis Ochoa, 35, of Lamont, California, was declared dead at a hospital about two hours after he was injured in nearby Tulare County on 30 January, the Kern County coroner said.

A postmortem concluded Ochoa died of an accidental "sharp force injury" to his right calf. Sheriff's spokesman Ray Pruitt said it was unclear if a delay in seeking medical attention contributed to his death.

"I have never seen this type of incident," Sgt Martin King, a 24-year veteran of the sheriff's department, told the Bakersfield Californian newspaper.

Ochoa and the other spectators fled when police arrived at the fight, King told the newspaper. Deputies found five dead roosters and other evidence of cockfighting, he said. No arrests were made.

Cockfighting is illegal in the United States. Specially bred roosters are put into a ring and encouraged to fight until one is incapacitated or killed, while spectators gamble on the outcome.

According to court records, Ochoa paid $370 (£230) in fines last year after pleading no contest to one count of owning or training an animal for fighting, according to the newspaper.

Attending or organising a cockfight, or training an animal to participate in one, are all misdemeanours under Californian law, although a second offence is a felony.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/08/cock-kills-man-california-cockfight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:58 pm 

Location: on the ether from www.deliciousagony.com only fair wave left methinks
and I wager that tomorrow even more men will attend the fights, while at home the wives are pulling their hairs and the kids name garden-dwarfs their fathers.

okay, i give you a chance to get back at me: for the rest of the week will there be only good news, people are having fun and in China a dog becomes king. Whahaha

New hobby for 2o11 will be shitting where one's standing on the hind legs. Specdictable ... all things with wings, bugs and insects will be flying on their back, 111 % against the nearest trees, oynghnn

ya wa? the mewzick's pretty spectacular, geez. ..where's me chic cap swaggering to? rather mad. If only others would hark. Next phing on the wish-list gonna be a web-capable mobile iets, an hify-amp powered by solar-panels and propellers on that drat hat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:29 am 

Go bird!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:52 am 

How is your bird?

Bird Win

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:57 am 

Only in Brazil...

Clown congressman messes up first vote

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) – A clown who won a seat in Brazil's Congress by a landslide has stayed true to his former profession by accidentally messing up his first vote.

Francisco Everardo Oliveira Silva, better known by his clown name Tiririca, had pledged to back the government's austerity proposal for a new national minimum wage in a crucial vote on Wednesday night.

When the time came, however, Tiririca pressed the wrong button on the computerized system and accidentally voted for an opposition proposal for a much bigger increase in the wage than the government wants, according to Brazilian media who spoke to his office.

The leader of the opposition PSDB party in Congress' lower house, Duarte Nogueira, said he was grateful for the unexpected support, although the government still won the vote.

"I went and thanked him -- after all, it's the support of the deputy who won the most votes in Brazil," he was quoted as saying by the Agencia Estado news agency.

Tiririca caught the attention of disillusioned voters last October with a campaign slogan "It can't get any worse" and a promise to do nothing more in Congress than report back on how politicians spend their time.

(Reporting by Stuart Grudgings; editing by Philip Barbara)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110217/od_nm/us_brazil_clown_odd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:35 am 

Well at least he kept 50% of his election promises!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:43 pm 

GREAT hahhhhhhhh

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:02 am 

From the Eindhoven local newspaper:

A family in he Tjalkstraat in Strijp had just had expensive redecoration. For instance, the draft door in the middle of the hall had new glass in it. Whoever entered the house could now read a warning note on the door: GLAS (Glass).

A mailman who came to deliver a package to the household and found no-one at home, noticed the sign on the door, read GAS, and feared the worst for the inhabitants.

The alerted police and fire brigade chose the rough path and broke open the door with a crowbar, shattering a glass-in-lead window, and reached the conclusion that it wasn't so bad with the gas. The new glass in the door survived.

I love Eindhoven.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:06 am 

US Police arrest train passenger for a 16-hour loud cellphone conversation

A 39-year old woman, Lakeysha Beard, talked in quiet car of Amtrak train going from Oakland, California, to Salem, Washington. The loud cellphone conversation lasted 16 hours, after which police stopped the train for 20 minutes to arrest the woman on Monday this week.

In the train's quiet car, a few passengers asked the woman to lay the phone away or to stop a few times during the conversation prior to notifying the train staff. Staff members were unable to convince the woman to end the conversation and stopped the train to arrest the woman to halt the disruption.

As British newspaper Metro mentioned, this cellphone conversation doesn't beat the 2009 51-hour phone call record by Sunil Prabhakar.

Sydney etiquette expert Alex Travers added that part of problems is lack of respect of younger generations for public transport. He said, "I'm afraid we are all in a very bad place as far as we feel about our public transport. People think poorly of it, so therefore they are getting on it with a poor attitude." He called youths "me-oriented" and said that they "do what they want to do" without thinking about others on the vehicle.

The Daily Mail commented that the woman wasn't reachable for an interview because "She was probably on the phone".

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/US_Police_arrest_train_passenger_for_a_16-hour_loud_cellphone_conversation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:04 am 

The current presidential state car is nicknamed The Beast. It started its run in 2009 and was produced by General Motors. Details are unknown for security reasons, but it has 5 inch thick armor coating, has run flat tires (puncture-proof, and if the tre does go flat he can still ride on the brim), the fuel tank is leak-proof and can withstand explosions. The car is bulletproof, missile proof, chemical attach proof, it can exclude any outside air and has its own oxygen supply. And there is a bloodbank in the trunk. The car can fire smoke grenades. It has night-vision cameras in the bumper so it can drive at night. In metric mileage it does under 1 to 4, that is, one litre can't get you from my house to the town centre. The car doors have no key hole, only the Secret Service operators know how to open the doors.

All that equipment is worth importing to show off and to stay protected in Ireland...

and then you get stuck on a speed bump.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo5zH0Il8B0

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:42 pm 

... suggestive name, the beast. Impressive toy ...

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:22 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
US Police arrest train passenger for a 16-hour loud cellphone conversation

A 39-year old woman, Lakeysha Beard, talked in quiet car of Amtrak train going from Oakland, California, to Salem, Washington. The loud cellphone conversation lasted 16 hours, after which police stopped the train for 20 minutes to arrest the woman on Monday this week.

In the train's quiet car, a few passengers asked the woman to lay the phone away or to stop a few times during the conversation prior to notifying the train staff. Staff members were unable to convince the woman to end the conversation and stopped the train to arrest the woman to halt the disruption.

As British newspaper Metro mentioned, this cellphone conversation doesn't beat the 2009 51-hour phone call record by Sunil Prabhakar.

Sydney etiquette expert Alex Travers added that part of problems is lack of respect of younger generations for public transport. He said, "I'm afraid we are all in a very bad place as far as we feel about our public transport. People think poorly of it, so therefore they are getting on it with a poor attitude." He called youths "me-oriented" and said that they "do what they want to do" without thinking about others on the vehicle.

The Daily Mail commented that the woman wasn't reachable for an interview because "She was probably on the phone".

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/US_Police_arrest_train_passenger_for_a_16-hour_loud_cellphone_conversation

How in the hell did she keep the phone charged?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:28 am 

Plook wrote:
How in the hell did she keep the phone charged?

Good question... Maybe an electricity outlet on the train wagon?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:38 am 

I think the victim is the person who had to spend 16 hours talking to her! A person sittin on a train is happy to talk to someone else. Someone talking to a chatterbox on a train for 16 hours is someone I would never want to be. If the person gets 8 hours of sleep a night, that means they spent their entire day talking to someone stuck on a train. Death would be welcome.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:50 am 

BBP wrote:
and then you get stuck on a speed bump.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo5zH0Il8B0

Awhahahahahahah! :mrgreen:

Somehow I skipped it before...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:53 am 

Odd News Man eats tubes to relieve inner tension, swells up
(China Daily)

Doctors in Yexian county, Henan province, recently removed 10 meters of plastic tubing from the stomach of a man who devoured the pipes in an apparent attempt to relieve mental pressure.

The 56-year-old man, surnamed Cao, began to swallow plastic tubes three years ago when he became desperate from his poverty and failure to land a job after his parents had died.

The first time he gorged on a 30-centimeter plastic tube. He was a little worried at first but became relieved once he thought it had been digested. He then ate the second tube after suffering another setback in job-hunting.

On March 18, he ate a 2-meter rubber tube after folding it in half. When he developed a stomachache and couldn't walk four days later, he went to the hospital.

"His stomach was swollen with the tubes. It took us three hours to take the tubes out," said the doctor in charge of the case.

Cao was astonished to know there was so much tubing in his stomach.

"I will never do it again," he said.

He is recovering and will leave the hospital soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am 

That make me wonder how i think it is a French bloke in Guinness records ate in is time buses and planes and stuff :?

Watching that car get stuck,reminds me of when i heard cheech and chong in hydraulic limos was impossible?

Sheep on house roof in Pontycymmer escapes unhurt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-13774803

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:53 am 

What do you do at easter? Some people organize easter egg hunts, some go to church, some just ignore the whole thing. This guy in South Korea decided to crucify himself...

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news ... xion-korea
(First read in "Private Eye")

BTW, perhaps he didn't do it right...
http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVarti ... trayed.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:04 am 

But did he sing?

Miasma!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 am 

No one knows :wink: But he did have a mirror set up to watch himself being crucified...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:41 am 

I heard that story a few months back for the first time. It has "urban myth" written all over it. But for the believers: who pinned up his other hand?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 pm 

Ah, he apparently used an electric drill on his hands and then slipped the holes over the nails he had already banged into the cross (according to Private Eye).

It was quite widely reported in the press, too. Some of the sources being quite respectable...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ma ... recreation
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/0 ... 57375.html
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110517/wl ... 0517085611
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/863667-suic ... sus-christ

(If somebody can consensually eat somebody else's penis in front of them, whilst filming them and then eat the rest of their body - why shouldn't I believe this?!)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 am 

You believe that because it was filmed (and immortalized in the Rammstein song Mein Teil: you are what you eat). The first mention of that article I've read was not on a reliable news site, and if bigger papers pick up on it that doesn't make it true.
What makes me suspect it's not entirely right is that takes place in the middle of no-where with no specification (of course it could've been added later) and missed crucial details in that article. Also: no photos. If you can find a similar story taking place in a different area you can be sure it's a croak.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:34 pm 

Photo here

I'm not entirely sure whether I want to see close-ups. Wanna know why I believe it? I read the story in 'Private Eye' first - they've been sued for libel so often, they generally print the truth! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:12 am 

Caputh wrote:
Photo here

I'm not entirely sure whether I want to see close-ups. Wanna know why I believe it? I read the story in 'Private Eye' first - they've been sued for libel so often, they generally print the truth! :wink:

I guess we could say he nailed it... :smoke:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next