Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:22 am 

KillUgly wrote:
Well, knowing what an enviable position I'm in I'll offer up my tix for $500.00. :D I don't really like to sit that close anyway.

What the what?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:03 am 

I really don't like sitting too close in most venues either. A good deal of the sound goes right over your head. I figure the closer you can be to the soundboard, the better. I snagged 13th row center for Denver show, just a few rows in front of the board.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:30 am 

blsabob23 wrote:
I really don't like sitting too close in most venues either. A good deal of the sound goes right over your head. I figure the closer you can be to the soundboard, the better. I snagged 13th row center for Denver show, just a few rows in front of the board.

This theater in Davis recently built for 11 million dollars better sound good from anywhere in the building... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:48 pm 

Plook wrote:
blsabob23 wrote:

This theater in Davis recently built for 11 million dollars better sound good from anywhere in the building... :smoke:

I agree on all counts here.

With regards to Mondavi Center in Davis, CA . In looking at an online photo it looks like a nice venue. If that place was built for 11 Million how about the renovations that were finished at The Beacon Theater a few years back at the cost of 16 Million. OF the recent shows I have seen there at the Beacon I have been very impressed. In regards to visual appeal and live audio absolutely spectacular. For certain groups like the Allman Brothers standing orchestras and excessive crowd chatter can pretty much cause extreme discomforts but for RTFIV & DZPZ that should not be a problem. DZPZ last December at the Beacon sounded stellar. Even with Scheila Gonzalez having laryngitis for that show I can not think of even remotely having any problem with sound fidelity. 10 Stars out 10 in Audio Quality. Enjoy your show(s).

Standing Orchestra and Excessive Crowd Chatter- to clarify this issue there are seats but a significant portion of patrons decide they want to stand and talk excessively as opposed to sitting in their seat and listening to the music.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:37 pm 

Plook wrote:
KillUgly wrote:
Well, knowing what an enviable position I'm in I'll offer up my tix for $500.00. :D I don't really like to sit that close anyway.

What the what?

I was just kidding , Plook. The closer the better for me. I like to see up close where the fingers are falling on the fretboard and elsewhere. My tix aren't for sale though I suppose every man has his price. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 am 

I've never been to any Zappa related show before. Are there any DC options this summer?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:29 pm 

Who is going to Baltimore?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:02 am 

The tickets for Québec show are not selling well, the organization give a special price 2 for 1.

http://lejournaldequebec.canoe.ca/journ ... 94930.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 pm 

Was RTF ever, well, big at any time in their career? I mean, selling well?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:29 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:

wiki: "Romantic Warrior is the band's best selling record reaching eventual sales of 500,000 copies."

I'd call that popular.
I never gave a damn about 'em but tons of my schoolmates did.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 am 

RTFIV was the best 'prog' concert I ever went to...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:15 pm 

I didn't like it when it was fresh and can find no reason to change my opinion now. When I went to see Jaga Jazzist play this past month I thought that THIS is what the fans of jazz fusion should embrace in the 2000a. Somebody finally got it right. Take the best bits and discard the chafe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:50 pm 

Zut_boF wrote:
The tickets for Québec show are not selling well, the organization give a special price 2 for 1.

http://lejournaldequebec.canoe.ca/journ ... 94930.html

calvin2hikers wrote:

Apart from Steely Dan, RTF is the most successful fusion band on the planet. So, it's probably just that market that isn't selling well...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:55 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Apart from Steely Dan, RTF is the most successful fusion band on the planet. So, it's probably just that market that isn't selling well...

Steely Dan rented their jazz musicians. They don't count as a real band. They didn't even play live in their heyday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:31 pm 

Denver's nearly sold out. there appears to be around 100 tickets left.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:35 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Steely Dan rented their jazz musicians. They don't count as a real band. They didn't even play live in their heyday.

I take it you're not a Steely Dan fan? :P

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 pm 

I wish them to have another tour :) and shoudl be in our place :).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6