Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:37 pm 

This link vanished from the tour date page....only on archive
http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/events ... e-memorial

A little banter with Dweezil about the downloads

Edit | Delete Report Comment
Dweezil wrote on Jul 30, 2011 at 03:13 PM
If we have intermissions it is always because the venue requires it. I personally don't care for the intermissions and would never put one in the show intentionally.

As far as Glenn is concerned, sorry you didn't like the show. I'll politely disagree with you about the uninspired guitar playing. I actually had fun experimenting with a lot of different things that night. I liked what I heard when I listened back to the show.

Unfortunately your download comment reveals your own personal sense of entitlement regarding this project. There's a lot that goes into making all of this possible for people, certainly not just you.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

Glenn wrote on Jul 30, 2011 at 04:25 PM
Hey Dweezil, so glad you responded. I was stating my opinion of the concert, whether it be positive or negative, and do feel personal entitlement to do that.

As far as being entitled to the downloads of the concerts, I have to disagree. You were the one who promised the downloads. You were the one who promised the dates they would be released. It's been years and still nothing. It has also been quite some time since we have had an update on the subject.

If you believe that promising your concert goers downloads, never coming through and voicing my disappointment in empty promises for years is a personal entitlement that I and others don't deserve, then there's really nothing more to say.

No response yet ! Stay tuned !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:50 pm 

No reply from anyone? I guess everyone gave up ! Or died.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:41 am 

It's been Dweezil's attitude towards these downloads that really made me so angry I don't care about Dweezil anymore, and I tel you that's a deep fall from the high pedestal he was on. How can you promise something to become available within a week and not offer it for years? If Don van Vliet had been at that show he'd never have seen his downloads.

My suggestion? Lawsuit. Dweezil sold it, he made a contract with everybody who went to the theatre, he fails to comply... Sue him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:47 pm 

BBP wrote:
It's been Dweezil's attitude towards these downloads that really made me so angry I don't care about Dweezil anymore, and I tel you that's a deep fall from the high pedestal he was on. How can you promise something to become available within a week and not offer it for years? If Don van Vliet had been at that show he'd never have seen his downloads.

My suggestion? Lawsuit. Dweezil sold it, he made a contract with everybody who went to the theatre, he fails to comply... Sue him.

I've thought about that (that a class action lawsuit would be appropriate). Not for me - I didn't go to those shows but the people who did have a right to be pissed. I've derided Desiel Dummy/Darn Accordians for making such a big deal about it but he's right on this one. What did the tickets cost for those shows - $250.00 or something like that. Dweezil acted like a politician trying to spin it some other way. No doubt things didn't go the way Dweezil planned but he should have made things right by offering partial refunds or a free ticket to a future show. A download to another show doesn't cut it. He botched this one big time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 am 

Think I paid 125.00 to see Dweezil on the download tour, an insane amount of money for a rock concert, but it was an impulse purchase, went to the theater door day of show to buy. Still, I forgive him for not coming through. I don't really care, didn't go to the show to get a d/l anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:05 am 

OBDULA X wrote:
This link vanished from the tour date page....only on archive
http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/events ... e-memorial

A little banter with Dweezil about the downloads

Edit | Delete Report Comment
Dweezil wrote on Jul 30, 2011 at 03:13 PM
If we have intermissions it is always because the venue requires it. I personally don't care for the intermissions and would never put one in the show intentionally.

As far as Glenn is concerned, sorry you didn't like the show. I'll politely disagree with you about the uninspired guitar playing. I actually had fun experimenting with a lot of different things that night. I liked what I heard when I listened back to the show.

Unfortunately your download comment reveals your own personal sense of entitlement regarding this project. There's a lot that goes into making all of this possible for people, certainly not just you.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

Glenn wrote on Jul 30, 2011 at 04:25 PM
Hey Dweezil, so glad you responded. I was stating my opinion of the concert, whether it be positive or negative, and do feel personal entitlement to do that.

As far as being entitled to the downloads of the concerts, I have to disagree. You were the one who promised the downloads. You were the one who promised the dates they would be released. It's been years and still nothing. It has also been quite some time since we have had an update on the subject.

If you believe that promising your concert goers downloads, never coming through and voicing my disappointment in empty promises for years is a personal entitlement that I and others don't deserve, then there's really nothing more to say.

No response yet ! Stay tuned !

Wow - what a shit-E thing for Mr. Z to say.... I agree with you Glenn....

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:33 am 

Well, we don't see what language Glenn uses to criticize the download stuff. Maybe it has been on the harsh side, thereby triggering this exceptional nonsense from Dweezil.

I cannot see why he just don't apologize for the never-to-come downloads and then move on. They will never come. He promised them (and even made people pay for them to some extent?), and didn't deliver. People have every right to be pissed. Well, Dweezil shows an exceptional amount of arrogance towards fans by this answer and by this whole, otherwise minor, deal. Grow up!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:55 am 

HJ wrote:
Well, Dweezil shows an exceptional amount of arrogance towards fans by this answer and by this whole, otherwise minor, deal. Grow up!

Hear! Hear! Not acknowledging the missing downloads is lame...

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm 

When Frank was arrogant, he was cool. When DZ is arrogant, it's just annoying. He can't help that, because he's built that way.

I don't believe we'll ever see the downloads, unless they somehow get booted. Dweezil doesn't have the time, doesn't prioritize or fund this project, and clearly just got in way over his head on this one.

The graceful way out is to simply come clean and say, "I am sorry. I made promises I can't keep. I can't deliver this project to you, but to show my good faith, I will do ____________________________ to make it up to my fans.

Then, DZ will no longer be a Flake (California's got the most of them), and return to the domain of the good guys.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:17 am 

Hey Ronnie, thanks for that! I was about to make a DZ/flakes comic but since my elbow still hurts I wasn't too sure about going all that way just to try to make someone listen who just plain won't.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:25 am 

Dweezil probably sez what his lawyers tell him to sez. I wouldn't read too much into it outside that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:01 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
When Frank was arrogant, he was cool. When DZ is arrogant, it's just annoying. He can't help that, because he's built that way.

I don't believe we'll ever see the downloads, unless they somehow get booted. Dweezil doesn't have the time, doesn't prioritize or fund this project, and clearly just got in way over his head on this one.

The graceful way out is to simply come clean and say, "I am sorry. I made promises I can't keep. I can't deliver this project to you, but to show my good faith, I will do ____________________________ to make it up to my fans.

I agree with a lot of this and like the way it was expressed... thanks.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:36 pm 

HJ wrote:
Well, we don't see what language Glenn uses to criticize the download stuff. Maybe it has been on the harsh side, thereby triggering this exceptional nonsense from Dweezil.

I cannot see why he just don't apologize for the never-to-come downloads and then move on. They will never come. He promised them (and even made people pay for them to some extent?), and didn't deliver. People have every right to be pissed. Well, Dweezil shows an exceptional amount of arrogance towards fans by this answer and by this whole, otherwise minor, deal. Grow up!

HJ, why didn't I see you say this on the Dweezil board?

My problem with Dweezil is that it has been a consistent factor, whether it was on the Incident With The Name I Cannot Mention On This Forum When Dweezil Put Private E-mail On His Blog (both by posting e-mail and by his attitude on it), this whole thing with downloads, the whole thing with cover bands, or when someone suggested him not to play his own music and he gave a total shit reaction... He's kicked away his own pedestal for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 pm 

BBP wrote:
He's kicked away his own pedestal for me.

But that's a good thing. Sincerely, bp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:19 pm 

Not for him. It cost him a blow job.

...Proverbially speaking.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:22 pm 

BBP wrote:

ha ha ha ha, ya got a hearty laugh out of me. You are the best. Enjoy the Summer daze...bp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:28 am 

brainpang wrote:
BBP wrote:

ha ha ha ha, ya got a hearty laugh out of me. You are the best. Enjoy the Summer daze...bp

Thank you! I aim to please! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:35 am 

BBP wrote:
HJ wrote:

HJ, why didn't I see you say this on the Dweezil board?

Because you didn't look :wink:

http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/events/112-kline-memorial (I can't link to the specific comments but I make a few, and I think they are consistent with what I write here.) 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:51 am 

I was referring to Dweezil's arrogance.

Aw there's no point. He's not going to read it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:06 am 

BBP wrote:
I was referring to Dweezil's arrogance.

Aw there's no point. He's not going to read it anyway.

Probably true. Well, BBP I can't be expected to use the exact same words, but the points I made are the same.

Never mind, to paraphrase DZ on his site, what I say means an Iota in the big picture. Just like the ZPZ does, I may add. There, I think lies the crucial difference with FZ and DZ in terms of music and persona.

Let's move on to more interesting things! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:54 am 

Nah. Let's keep this ball rolling until my comic is finished.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 pm 

In terms of class action lawsuit, his lawyers could argue the digital download was merely advertising puff, and not intended to be taken seriously, however, the applicants could argue that the mere fact that he recorded every show in multi-tracks implies he had put forth an effort to actually follow through on his promise, making it a legally binding contract. Food for thought, I'm still waiting on my download. I couldn't even make it to the show sadly as life dick slapped me just before it happened, but I had always hoped that at least I'd get a recording of the show as an EXTREMELY expensive digital download for my 125 bones or whatever it was.

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:26 am 

The only reason I am pissed at the Dweez is because I gave my laminate d/l code away to a friend and now I look like a cheapskate. Never did follow up with a proper gift. I suck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:36 am 

Give up. It's not happening.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:41 am 

GIVE YOURSELF UP. YOU ARE COMPLETELY SURROUNDED BY POLICEMEN.
IF YOU COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP WE GUARANTEE YOU WON'T BE HARMED.

Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next