Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 am 

Reposted from activation forum.

Hello all,

I have recently been given a large collection of LPs, amongst which is a fairly large collection of Zappa; 15 LPs in all. Unfortunately I am not a fan of Zappa (sorry! :oops: ) but I am a big fan of LPs and their collectors (I am one - within my limited financial capability!). With this in mind I thought I would post here, seeing if any of them are of any particular value or interest and whether anyone here wants any, or if not then I am looking for the best advice for their sale to a good home. I am happy to sell the whole lot, or one at a time.

Attached is a photograph of the collection. If there are any that could do with any other photographs or information to help with any advice you may be able to give then I'll be sure to photograph them. I think they're in roughly date order.

Frank Zappa Collection

I look forward to hearing your opinions and views, and thank you very much in advance for any advice you can offer.

All the best,

Ed

P.S. If this isn't the right place to put this message, please could someone direct me to the correct bit of the forum? Also, I can't receive or send PMs due to the rules, so if you'd like to get in contact, I am on edward_a_james@hotmail.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:25 pm 

This is a fairly nice and well kept little collection, but nothing very rare or valuable, unless you have the 1977 Zappa in New York with Punky's Whips - which can be found in the UK.

Hot Rats looks old and a bit worn - it's probably the rarest item, although you can't expect a very high price in that condition.

As a rule of thumb, I would say that these LPs are worth approximately 5-10 pounds per disc, 10-20 for a double album. I just bought a really nice copy of Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar for £35 - and I would think that that box is the most valuable item here.

Unless of course you have the first issue of Zappa in New York with Punky's Whips. That's an extreme rarity which should fetch from £100-200, depending on the condition.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:25 am 

I am afraid that all I have is here in this photograph. Would you advise listing individually or as a job lot?

The 3 LP set is indeed in good condition, so would it be worth selling separately?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:53 pm 

Individually, Hot Rats and Zappa inNy are the only ones potentially worth anything.