All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:16 am 

BBP wrote:
Primus - Green Naugahyde

YES!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:48 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
penguini wrote:
The thing I want that doesn't really exist....
a Wilburn Burchette boxed set(all of his releases)....

I have this one on vinyl, Mind Storm.

Not exactly everyday listening, but cool in a white-noise kinda way. What other releases have you heard and like?

I have heard almost all of his albums(on CD-R's I've traded for),....except for the one you have! I'd exchange some CD-Rs of other titles for a Disc of that one's recording(if you "private message" me). His album called "Opens the Seven Gates..." is pretty fun ,dark synth sounds,as well as his "Music for The Godhead". It's very old-wave spooky synth music. Probably best listened to while old fright-night films play!

I just want to hear this stuff. I don't really want to "go poor" trying to enjoy his weird spooky sounds.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:52 am 

Tinseltown_Banana wrote:
Little MOFO - when I have it my FZ-discography is complete

Lucky :wink: fuck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:01 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:55 am 

There are still a few FZ albums I haven't heard yet mostly his orchestra work.
It was great they reissued 200 Motels in DVD format I lost the VCR version years ago.
Probably Yellow Shark I need to hear yet....I wouldn't mind hearing more Captain Beefheart as well.I've heard 3 of his albums.Really liked his collaberation with Zappa. :!:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:06 pm 

penguini wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
penguini wrote:
The thing I want that doesn't really exist....
a Wilburn Burchette boxed set(all of his releases)....

I have this one on vinyl, Mind Storm.

Not exactly everyday listening, but cool in a white-noise kinda way. What other releases have you heard and like?

I have heard almost all of his albums(on CD-R's I've traded for),....except for the one you have! I'd exchange some CD-Rs of other titles for a Disc of that one's recording(if you "private message" me). His album called "Opens the Seven Gates..." is pretty fun ,dark synth sounds,as well as his "Music for The Godhead". It's very old-wave spooky synth music. Probably best listened to while old fright-night films play!

I just want to hear this stuff. I don't really want to "go poor" trying to enjoy his weird spooky sounds.

I finally got/found a copy of this! Thanks for all the replies trying to help me just hear this thing....."burp!"..... Don't break you fingers trying to type a reply.. HaW! Just kidding .....OK? :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:13 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

I still ahve that LP ... and I like it a lot as well as their next two ... and both versions of C'mon are positively awesome, specially the one with the Sospan Fach Choir!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:49 pm 

Hi,

Not many of them ... maybe a handful, but I can't say that Frank's work is one of the things that I'm looking for.

If there is one thing I would like to get, but it's not gonna happen in our lifetimes, is a nice cleaned up copy of the movie "200 Motels" but I think that Gayle and the trust have already decided that they don't care and that they don't think the album hleps promote the rock guitar god that Frank is, or that the son is trying to promote ... thus, one of th ebest and most interesting of his pieces of work, that explains his work so well, is the one thing ... that is ignored and left behind.

I have given up this fight, because the folks in charge of this whole thing are nothing but a bunch of rock fans and groupies and they do not understand the concept of a discussion of something that is about "music" and "art" ... and not just ... another rock music solo! But some folks will state that I'm being an asshole standing up for "art" ... and in the history of all the arts why would ANYTHING be valuable and important ... unless it had some value that made it important? Why bother otherwise ... or if you don't believe anything you do? ... what's the point? ... just get laid and make some money? ... that's rather empty ... and why would Frank want to talk serious music amidst a cock suck or just another fuck?

A nice copy of 200 Motels is what I want ... not that blue piece of garbage out there ... and the sound cleaned up would be nice, but some jackasses at that movie studio are fucked up, and Gayle can't afford to take this to the big judge and nail that studio for ripping people off.

And those same studios are about to say, btw, that the new Copyright laws do not apply to them ... keep an eye on the news!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:14 pm 

Ahh yes the Bakersfield Sound.

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:17 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:

Ahh yes the Bakersfield Sound.

It's good, I think. I saw him sing with his son on Hee Haw the other day.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 am 

The three original Placebo albums by Belgian fusion pianist Marc Moulin on CD, since I don't have a vinyl record player anymore...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:55 am 

All FZ albums i don't have!