Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:31 am 

UK Touring in 2012. I've only seen a few east coast U.S. dates announced so far. More to come.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:02 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:
UK Touring in 2012. I've only seen a few east coast U.S. dates announced so far. More to come.

ummmmmmm how about a fucking link!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:16 pm 

http://www.ukreunion.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:25 pm 

May 04 - The Highline Ballroom, New York, USA [tickets on-sale date TBA]

May 11 - The Gesù Amphitheatre, Montréal, Canada [on sale now (VIP tickets - SOLD OUT)]

May 18 - The Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, USA [tickets on-sale Jan. 15]

yeah... look at all of those east coast dates. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 pm 

Highline site lists the show as April 11 and this show DOES NOT include Bozzio. WTF!!!!!

http://highlineballroom.com/bio.php?id=1892

They will be joined by Austrian guitar virtuoso Alex Machacek and German drumming phenom Marco Minnemann.

Last edited by jaypfunk on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:36 pm 

the info on UKREUNION.COM is fucked up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 pm 

I'm pretty sure this will not appeal to the UK fans that preferred the first album with Allan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford. The latter apparently won't come out of his retirement anyway, let alone consider playing with Jobson and Wetton.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:46 pm 

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
I'm pretty sure this will not appeal to the UK fans that preferred the first album with Allan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford. The latter apparently won't come out of his retirement anyway, let alone consider playing with Jobson and Wetton.

that and DON'T call it a reunion at all if Bozzio isn't going to be there

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:08 pm 

I would be glad to see Jobson and Wetton over here. Of course it would be perfect with Terry (or Bill Bruford). I'll just wait and relax.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:32 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
KillUgly2 wrote:

ummmmmmm how about a fucking link!!!!

Go find it yourself you lazy piece of shit.

I'm not mad I'm just trying to speak to you in your own fucking language, ASSHOLE!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:59 am 

One could, in fact, argue that UK was/is pretty much Jobson's band. Bozzio was pretty much Bruford's replacement and even FZ himself made a reference to how second-rate the status of the drummer's membership really was. Sorry that I can't locate the precise interview at the moment, but FZ once said that while in his band, Jobson and Bozzio were like great friends, whereas later on Jobson pretty much treated Bozzio like a slave in his own band. So if Bozzio is not part of it, it must be because of all the possible blood flowed under the bridge.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:54 am 

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
One could, in fact, argue that UK was/is pretty much Jobson's band. Bozzio was pretty much Bruford's replacement and even FZ himself made a reference to how second-rate the status of the drummer's membership really was. Sorry that I can't locate the precise interview at the moment, but FZ once said that while in his band, Jobson and Bozzio were like great friends, whereas later on Jobson pretty much treated Bozzio like a slave in his own band. So if Bozzio is not part of it, it must be because of all the possible blood flowed under the bridge.

I remember Bozzio being somewhat disgruntled with his tenure in UK saying something like "they only hired me to be their exciting rock drummer".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:17 pm 

"Exciting rock drummer", eh? Well, I can certainly see why Bruford has not been particularly complimentary to that UK band.

Anyway, here's the interview I've been looking for:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andymurkin ... Folk2.html

RF: Your relationship with Terry Bozzio seemed excellent musically. Why did he leave the group?

FZ: He left. He was in the group 3 years and then he decided he wanted to be a Rock'n'Roll Star, in capital letters. He joined UK a year and a half ago. When Eddie Jobson and Terry Bozzio were both in my group they were the best of friends. In UK Eddie was the boss, and as well as that he had two Englishmen and an American who were his slaves. Terry couldn't stand it. He left.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:52 pm 

Good Lord, what a piece of shit this band is. I am a major fan of '72-'74 era King Crimson, and I dig Holdsworth, but I really hate this band. They're so bad it's hilarious.
I wasn't around for it's heyday, I'm in my late 30s. Anyway I got the album w/ Bozzio first at a flea market for a few bucks. Total shit. They're the perfect example of what went wrong with fusion/prog rock in the '70s. Good musicians who forgot how to rock and were more interested in listening to bad record execs in order to feed their coke habits.
I had been wanting to check out the first album w/ Bruford & Holdsworth. Grabbed a clean LP cheap at a record show.Figured that's gotta be the good one. How wrong I was :!: . There are a few shining moments, but overall it's a big turd too.

If they end up touring the states, I'm sure it'll be on the summer "free" outdoor/fair show circuit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:04 pm 

There's no accounting for taste. I like them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:19 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:

Me too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:

Me too.

Me three.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:00 pm 

Image4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:11 pm 

So who is Bozzio playing with now? Sorry,I don't follow drummers that much. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:28 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
So who is Bozzio playing with now? Sorry,I don't follow drummers that much. :oops:

Apparently, this UK tour is his latest project. Bozzio has never stayed with one band or project for too long which makes him interesting on one hand, but maybe not really appreciated enough on the other. Besides Zappa, his highest profile gigs have been with Missing Persons and Jeff Beck but he's been on a lot of great albums by a lot of people. Check out the Bozzio/Levin/Stevens albums if you like great instrumental rock music kind of in the vein of Jeff Beck but also with some flamenco influences. http://youtu.be/8KXiADQg988

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:15 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Apparently, this UK tour is his latest project. Bozzio has never stayed with one band or project for too long which makes him interesting on one hand, but maybe not really appreciated enough on the other. Besides Zappa, his highest profile gigs have been with Missing Persons and Jeff Beck but he's been on a lot of great albums by a lot of people. Check out the Bozzio/Levin/Stevens albums if you like great instrumental rock music kind of in the vein of Jeff Beck but also with some flamenco influences. http://youtu.be/8KXiADQg988

Some of that is right down my ally.I try and see JB when he comes through.(once this year,almost a year ago now) I new what TB's been doing but whats happening now? Just the UK tour and.....wait and see it would seem. :|

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:16 pm 

www.terrybozzio.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:27 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:
http://www.terrybozzio.com

Thanx,nothin' up this way yet.That drum wars with Mike Portnoy amongst others looked great...if your a drummer in so-Cal. :|

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:23 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
So who is Bozzio playing with now?
Himself. (Couldn't resist.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:40 am 

polydigm wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
So who is Bozzio playing with now?
Himself. (Couldn't resist.)

LMAO! :lol: