Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Popestock
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:35 pm 

I hope the Pope also decides to take up residence here. It's a little easier to spread your wings here (thank you Gail).

Hope the Pope! Hope the Pope!

Post subject: Re: Popestock
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:44 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:
I hope the Pope also decides to take up residence here. It's a little easier to spread your wings here (thank you Gail).

Better give him a PM,Trendy has started a new thread Pope Jim just posted in.Trendy hints that he in the know of something.It sounds like a new Documentary by Dweezil.PJ sez it might be a documentary of brown lipstick wearing Zappa fans like Trendy! Hahaha! Not do till April. I'm friends with Pope Jim on DZW.Go to my page and click on his pic if you want to,Brown Shoes. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:12 am 

I'm with you in spirit. Everything I write gets reviewed, so far.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:28 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:

Just ignore this post folks. I was up past my bedtime. :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:00 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:
KillUgly2 wrote:

Just ignore this post folks. I was up past my bedtime. :smoke:

No,whether you know it or not,Pope Jim did hear something about a documentary on DZW.com that Dweezil is involved with somehow.He posted it last night on another thread.(Trendy) So your instincs were right at least.If that helps. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:20 am 

I know what this thread is about now, but when I read the title, all I could think of was the Father Guido Sarducci "Find The Popes In-a The Pizza" bit on SNL. :mrgreen: My friends asked me if it was FZ. Um, nooo..... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:16 pm 

dove_grey wrote:
I know what this thread is about now, but when I read the title, all I could think of was the Father Guido Sarducci "Find The Popes In-a The Pizza" bit on SNL. :mrgreen: My friends asked me if it was FZ. Um, nooo..... :roll:

Well Dove, I'm glad you know what this thread is about but I'm not sure I do. Here's my take and it's complicated. Admittedly, when I made this post I was three sheets to the wind (or possibly four). "Popestock" refers to FZ relating in the early '80's to an invitation from the Pope (the real Pope) to play at a musical festival at the Vatican which FZ referred to as "Popestock". FZ declined. It also ties in with Pope Jim (a friend from Dweezil Zappa World) 's recent involvement in the Zappa.Forum and the fact that I find the zappa.com forum to be very free (expression-wise - hence the thank you to Gail) compared to DweezilZappaWorld, where political correctness, inexplicably, seems to rule the day. I usually spend my time analyzing other people but here I find myself in self-analysis. There's got to be better hobbies than this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:39 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:
Well Dove, I'm glad you know what this thread is about but I'm not sure I do. Here's my take and it's complicated. Admittedly, when I made this post I was three sheets to the wind (or possibly four). "Popestock" refers to FZ relating in the early '80's to an invitation from the Pope (the real Pope) to play at a musical festival at the Vatican which FZ referred to as "Popestock". FZ declined. It also ties in with Pope Jim (a friend from Dweezil Zappa World) 's recent involvement in the Zappa.Forum and the fact that I find the zappa.com forum to be very free (expression-wise - hence the thank you to Gail) compared to DweezilZappaWorld, where political correctness, inexplicably, seems to rule the day. I usually spend my time analyzing other people but here I find myself in self-analysis. There's got to be better hobbies than this.

More drunken or whatever posting! It's what this country needs!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:22 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
KillUgly2 wrote:

More drunken or whatever posting! It's what this country needs!

:oops: :cry: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:41 am 

dove_grey wrote:

I go as Father Guido Sarducci sometimes on Halloween.Not so much anymore,knowbody under 30 know who he is! As I remember Guido worked on the Vatican Paper.All the poop on the Pope thats fit to print! Haha! Wonder what Don Novello's doing now? I wish he'd come back on SNL.Although he might look like the Pope now! :wink: 8) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:07 am 

Hey there, Pope-lovers! I'm still doing my first ten posts, which apparently have to go through a review process before they appear. I'm here mainly to torment the Trendbunger, because I always get in trouble over at DZW when I attempt to combat stupidity. And yes, I realize it's a hopeless task, but I'm retired, so what the fuck, eh? It beats stamp collecting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:51 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
Hey there, Pope-lovers! I'm still doing my first ten posts, which apparently have to go through a review process before they appear. I'm here mainly to torment the Trendbunger, because I always get in trouble over at DZW when I attempt to combat stupidity. And yes, I realize it's a hopeless task, but I'm retired, so what the fuck, eh? It beats stamp collecting.

Have fun joining in on the never ending Trendmonger gang bang. He seems to enjoy it as he goes buns up for us every chance he gets. And unlike DZW, you don't get rapped across the knuckles with a ruler here if you display a little political incorrectness.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:

Howdy Pope Jim,I believe you know me from DZW also.Speaking of which,DZW has taken alot of Trendys time away from here. That's good news. :D He comes over here and does the Trendy alot less.BTW bro' whats the buzz over there about a documentary and Dweezils part in it? I understand it has something to do with FZ's Italian/Sicilian background,si'?
Edit: I thought you were here before this? KU2's right about freedoms here! Thanks Gail,and the admin. folks! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:24 am 

Please God make that 10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:55 am 

Mad Jack! Hallelujah! Looks like you made it -- to quote Barry Manilow. Can't wait to tag team Trendy with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:08 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
Mad Jack! Hallelujah! Looks like you made it -- to quote Barry Manilow. Can't wait to tag team Trendy with you.

:)