Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:47 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:
bugler wrote:
Not "freaking out" over the words. I got my degree in Amirkian Capitalism at the University of Frank Zappa so dig where I'm comin from cuz this is what he would say:

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Totally - no need to freak out over the words?!? Did you buy it for the lyrical content? I BOUGHT IT FOR THE COMPLETE MUSICAL CONTENT BASED ON PAST PUBLICATIONS If you already knew the words, who cares!? BESIDES THE POINT BUT ORE IMPORTANTLY, WHY R U SO WILLING TO BE CHEATED, IF NOT RIPPED OFF? It's the notes that matter. ITS THE COMPLETE ACCURRATE CONTENT THAT MATTERS, NOTES, WORDS & ASTERISKS. The arrangements are for guitar. MOSTLY, BUT NOT SO IN PAST The arrangements have been for guitar since the first book of the series. MOSTLY, BUT NOT ALL. If you purchased each of them, as you stated - then you should know that. I DO. HOW COME YOU DON'T?Why would they break format and throw in a horn chart (DIDN'T ASK FOR A CHART - NO CHART NEEDED - JUST A SIMPLE, ACCURATE NOTAION OF "TENOR SAX" INSTEAD OF "HORNS") on this one when the other 3 books you've purchased haven't done so? I can think of plenty of examples of songs through the series that only have *one* keyboard part but you don't hear me bitching that it wasn't included.
You bitch earlier in this thread that there is no bass in this book yet there was no bass in the other 3 books so.... what the fuck? In SOFA, would you not agree that the bass line that goes in triplet fashion ba ba-da-da ba-da-da ba-da-da baaaaahhhhhhhh,, ba bahhhhhhhhh, bu bahhhhhhhhhhhh is crucial to the arrangement? HOW COME IT AINT THERE, DOOFUS? Chilllllll out Francis.

So, let me get this straight. You're not happy with the book? :lol:

Let's put it this way - (as a musical arranger with some ideas that FZ would probably dig), I'm going to have to work a lot harder to produce them...........

Or put it this way - any amatuer guitar player or his mother with any basic sense of notation could have hacked out this laughing stock of a publication of music from one of - if not THE BEST composer in American history. FZ deserves more respect.....................

Or, lemme put it to you this way:

Who were FZ's influences? Answer - several,, but prominently IGOR STRAVINSKY.

LEMME TELL YA SOMETHING ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH IGOR. I NEVER MET HIM. :)

HOWEVER..................................................................................................

MY TEACHER recorded with him. IN FACT, THE RITE OF SPRING - 4 trumpets - (I have yet to determine which part) but so far only 2 names have surfaced: Robert Nagel and my teacher James Burke. So go figure: there are 3 D trumpets and 1 C trumpet. James Burke was either C trumpet ( more likely) or 1st chair D trumpet. I have the score and the notation is spot on PERFECT, as expected..................................and that is the difference between a guitarhead and a real musician.....BTW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:51 pm 

bugler wrote:
Let's put it this way - (as a musical arranger with some ideas that FZ would probably dig), I'm going to have to work a lot harder to produce them...........

Or put it this way - any amatuer guitar player or his mother with any basic sense of notation could have hacked out this laughing stock of a publication of music from one of - if not THE BEST composer in American history. FZ deserves more respect.....................

Or, lemme put it to you this way:

Who were FZ's influences? Answer - several,, but prominently IGOR STRAVINSKY.

LEMME TELL YA SOMETHING ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH IGOR. I NEVER MET HIM. :)

HOWEVER..................................................................................................

MY TEACHER recorded with him. IN FACT, THE RITE OF SPRING - 4 trumpets - (I have yet to determine which part) but so far only 2 names have surfaced: Robert Nagel and my teacher James Burke. So go figure: there are 3 D trumpets and 1 C trumpet. James Burke was either C trumpet ( more likely) or 1st chair D trumpet. I have the score and the notation is spot on PERFECT, as expected..................................and that is the difference between a guitarhead and a real musician.....BTW

Gee, that's nice.

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:53 pm 

Gee that's nice????????????????????????????????????????????????WTF?????

Come on man............
Is that all you've got????

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:58 pm 

bugler wrote:

Come on man............

No clue what your beef is. Go seek a fight elsewhere... I'm going to get back to trying to get some of the Inca passages down on the keys at the intended BPM. Or get some nookie. :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:04 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
bugler wrote:

Come on man............

No clue what your beef is. Go seek a fight elsewhere... I'm going to get back to trying to get some of the Inca passages down on the keys at the intended BPM. Or get some nookie. :wink:

Not looking for a fight man. Just $30.00 of worthy product..........................

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:07 pm 

bugler wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
bugler wrote:

Come on man............

Not looking for a fight man. Just $30.00 of worthy product..........................

PM me your Paypal account info and I will happily send you $5.00 - whole-heartedly.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:11 pm 

And I'm not sure if you get amazon.com out in Philly or not, but the book sells NEW for $15.46 plus shipping.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:40 pm 

I can absolutely say, without hyperbole, that this is worse than a million Vietnams.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:07 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
I can absolutely say, without hyperbole, that this is worse than a million Vietnams.

Even though this is way too much fun, I'm calling the boys home before anyone gets hurt.