Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:20 pm 

I just got suspended at DZWorld for suggesting they instate an "ignore" or "block user" button. I gotta tell you, folks, it breaks my wicked little heart. I hope you're happy, Gary Titone, aka Trendmonger. Please come back to zappa.com so I can tell you how I really feel, you useless piece of shit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
Gary Titone, aka Trendmonger. Please come back to zappa.com so I can tell you how I really feel, you useless piece of shit.

Pssst ! Not so loud.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:54 am 

That seems harsh, how did Trendy manage that?

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:35 am 

Plook wrote:
That seems harsh, how did Trendy manage that?

:smoke:

The same way that cocksucker manages everything else. He provokes a fight and then goes crying to Dweezil when all the nasty boys and girls react. And as usual, its never his fault so someone else pays the penalty.

What a useless fucking cunt.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:55 am 

That sums it up pretty well. I was actually trying to suggest a peaceful solution (in my snide style). A lot of people liked it, too. But I got the boot and a couple of others got warned.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:57 am 

DZ has a pretty quick hook; he hasn't kicked me off but he has deleted several of my posts about the YCFOSA downloads. He's got a thin skin, that's for sure.....

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:16 pm 

Hey Pope,you getting suspended was not fair.Titone & myself should also be suspended for what has gone on over there.
Looks like Dweezil is taking his side again & not looking into what Titone has said to others,Mars is pissed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:26 pm 

A strange thought crossed my mind earlier this morning. What if Tit One is Frank's illegitimate son? Then Dweezil would be standing up for his doofus big brother. I don't believe it for a minute, but I just thought it would be fun to put it out there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:40 pm 

The suspension only lasted 24 hours. I'm ba-a-ack.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:23 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:

Now play it smart this time and don't fall into the trap, they may have a three strike law or something like that... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:33 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:

Why would you want to go back? What a bunch of B.S. I just bid my farewell to the site and will be seeing ZPZ for the last time this Friday. Dweezil just broke the camel's back with that one as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:34 pm 

It's odd someone would get banned from his forum where right here, I believe Gail publicly warned Trendoid to cool it. Why would DZ "take his side" after that bizarre phone call from him on a recent radio interview? Wonder if he thinks Titone will pull a John Hinkley if Gary's pissed off? Who knows. You can't even say "damn" or "hell" over there, bizarre.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:47 pm 

Why do we think hat DZ is doing all these things is he the administrator?... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:51 pm 
Banned

Plook wrote:
Why do we think hat DZ is doing all these things is he the administrator?... :smoke:

Yes and also the Master Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 pm 

Plook wrote:

He seems to feel the need to step in and tell people how to behave. It's his site and he can do what he wants. He can have it though. I've tried to look at the positive side of what he's had to offer with ZPZ and whatnot but I've really grown to dislike the guy. I'd still like ZPZ though if they got a new singer and a new lead guitar player. I think Scheila, the band leader, is top notch.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:45 am 

Why even bother with DZW? That site has the most Byzantine, least user-friendly forum set-up ever. What a waste of bytes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:36 pm 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
.... That site has the most Byzantine, least user-friendly forum set-up ever.....

No shit!

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:57 pm 

I'm not sure about DZW, I think the forum setup is hilarious. I started a thread there early in 2010 about whether Dweezil should play his own music as a part of ZPZ concerts. Titone waded in and chastised me for changing my mind, which is basically what I thought well adjusted people allow themselves to do when they realise they're being a bit blinkered and really don't give a toss in the first place. Not Titone of course, he's going down with the ship whatever the cost. Then Dweezil waded in and made a bit of an arse of himself because he failed to read all of my posts and tried to put me down for not liking his music, which is arrogant to start with, but then failed to note that I actually do like his music.

Then the stupid forum software reprints the original thread post at the top of every new page as the thread grows, making it look like you just posted it and so then more people wade in and the conversation goes round in circles. Then the thread dies. Then, a year later, someone discovers the thread and because the first post is sitting there at the top of newest page, some twit jumps in and tells us to get over it. Next thing you know there's a new page and there it is again, my first post. So I thought fuck it, I'll see if deleting that post gets rid of it at the top of the new page and hey presto the whole thread got deleted. I hadn't laughed so much in a long, long time, I was close needing medical attention. So yeah, byzantine is one word for it. But I did Dweezil a favour there as well, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:32 pm 

Besides Mr. Titone, there is a guy there named Chris who creates about ten blogs a day (I'm only exaggerating a little bit) about anything and everything to do with the music industry. I think, perhaps, I am the only person to ever respond to one of his blogs and I did that just to be nice as he seems like he has his own challenges. I wish there was a filter for that. Oh well, I'll probably feel a lot better about Dweezil in the long run if I just stay away from that place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:24 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:
Besides Mr. Titone, there is a guy there named Chris who creates about ten blogs a day (I'm only exaggerating a little bit) about anything and everything to do with the music industry. I think, perhaps, I am the only person to ever respond to one of his blogs and I did that just to be nice as he seems like he has his own challenges. I wish there was a filter for that. Oh well, I'll probably feel a lot better about Dweezil in the long run if I just stay away from that place.

I joined and bounced pretty quick, to confusing for an old fart like me, I like simplicity...I'm a Taoist at heart... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:24 pm 

Plook wrote:
KillUgly2 wrote:

I joined and bounced pretty quick, to confusing for an old fart like me, I like simplicity...I'm a Taoist at heart... :smoke:

Like I say, The Tao of Plook.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 pm 

Just noticed that all my posts have been deleted on DZW not that I ever intended to participate again. Dweezil is such a fucking little emperor. :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:14 pm 

Anyone who still has any doubt about the difference between FZ and DZ should read this. I don't care if it sounds rude, Titone is a complete tosser, he needs therapy, certainly not defending, this just feeds his ego.
Dweezil, at DZW, wrote:
Those of you who are complaining about the suspension of the Pope fail to recognize the fact that this site will not condone the flagrant abuse of other site members. There are several other people who are very close to their own suspensions. I have privately asked people to stop this sort of stuff in this past but it has been ignored. I happen to like the Pope and will be happy to welcome him back if he chooses to behave but I don't like how he has chosen to act and I don't like how others have acted towards Gary Titone either.
Whether you like what he writes about or not, he does not attack or bully people. Whereas the Pope, Trip and several others have blatantly made personal attacks against Gary. It's completely uncalled for. I have seen that time and time again Mr. Titone is led into these kinds of situations. He is obviously sensitive to the things that are written about him and he has a right to be, a few of you have crossed the line in extreme fashion. He has been known to add fuel to the fire and cause a feeding frenzy.

On a related topic, what if this were a site where your own child was being singled out and attacked? Would you condone the behavior of the attackers? As adults the behavior from several members who should know better is really surprising. Have you ever considered the possibility that this kind of behavior directed towards someone who may be struggling with personal problems or be afflicted with something like Asperger's Syndrome could be extremely harmful and life changing for the victim and the victim's family?

Just so you all know I have also offered Gary some advice as to how he may better participate in the site as well. The fact of the matter is, the way that the Pope and others like Trip have acted towards Gary Titone is offensive. It will not be tolerated here. I would stand up for anyone who was targeted in this way. No one should be the victim of aggressive and unkind messages on this site. There is no place for it at all.

There are plenty of other places for that kind of childish behavior on the internet. If that's your idea of a good time please feel free to spend your time at those locations.

Let's concentrate on the big picture. This is a place to share the things we like and the things we have in common. A peaceful place to spend time in an enjoyable manner.

I hope everyone understands this message. I don't like having to spend time doing this sort of thing but it is necessary.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:49 pm 

OK, so Dweezil is basically confirming some folks suspicion that Gary Titone is mentally handicapped. No big surprise, I guess. But if he is such a big dickwad on an internet forum and he needs Dweezil to hold his hand what happens to this guy when he goes out into the real world? If Dweezil's wants to make DweezilZappaWorld a happy place for Gary and other "challenged individuals" then that's fine but he should advertise it as such (and not just in the legalese of the terms of agreement that nobody reads). To be fair I do see where Dweezil has a statement on the site where he says everybody has to be nice (again a real big reminder that Dweezil is nothing like his father). Personally I would like a site where relatively sane adults can indulge in free speech and expression and if somebody says something offensive or ruffles some feathers every once in awhile then nobody has to go into a big tizzy. You know, whatever mental challenges a person has the end result is the end result. A dick is a dick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:45 am 

Dweezil, at DZW, wrote:
Those of you who are complaining about the suspension of the Pope fail to recognize the fact that this site will not condone the flagrant abuse of other site members. There are several other people who are very close to their own suspensions. I have privately asked people to stop this sort of stuff in this past but it has been ignored...

I have seen that time and time again Mr. Titone is led into these kinds of situations... He has been known to add fuel to the fire and cause a feeding frenzy... Just so you all know I have also offered Gary some advice as to how he may better participate in the site as well...

Dweezil has a pretty realistic view of Gary, but he's just too nice - and autocratic. Better to have it like here, with the absent admin and people fighting it out between themselves. Trendmonger's gone, because among all the crap there's some consistent and legitimate criticism of his sycophantic idiocy, and he's bound to lose the fight in the end. I liked the strict admin at Kill Ugly Radio, because Barry wouldn't allow any crap, and removed it when necessary. It was possible to have real, undisturbed discussions over there. But I also like the anarchy here at Zappa.com, because there are always some diamonds in the gutter. Dweezil seems to be trying to admin "a little", and it's bound to fail, because he will be perceived as taking sides. I'm not tempted to participate at DZW, firstly because I'm not really a Dweezil Zappa fan - although I respect and enjoy what he does, secondly because of his half-assed administration, which doesn't work anyway. But hey - Dweezil can do whatever he wants - he's a free and independent individual.