Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:55 am 

Dweezil's too NICE??? Hmmm... I'd never described him like that after how he behaved towards some of his fans.
Dweezil: always, ALWAYS be good to your fans. They're the ones who pay you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 am 

polydigm wrote:
Anyone who still has any doubt about the difference between FZ and DZ should read this. I don't care if it sounds rude, Titone is a complete tosser, he needs therapy, certainly not defending, this just feeds his ego.
Dweezil, at DZW, wrote:
Those of you who are complaining about the suspension of the Pope fail to recognize the fact that this site will not condone the flagrant abuse of other site members. There are several other people who are very close to their own suspensions. I have privately asked people to stop this sort of stuff in this past but it has been ignored. I happen to like the Pope and will be happy to welcome him back if he chooses to behave but I don't like how he has chosen to act and I don't like how others have acted towards Gary Titone either.
Whether you like what he writes about or not, he does not attack or bully people. Whereas the Pope, Trip and several others have blatantly made personal attacks against Gary. It's completely uncalled for. I have seen that time and time again Mr. Titone is led into these kinds of situations. He is obviously sensitive to the things that are written about him and he has a right to be, a few of you have crossed the line in extreme fashion. He has been known to add fuel to the fire and cause a feeding frenzy.

On a related topic, what if this were a site where your own child was being singled out and attacked? Would you condone the behavior of the attackers? As adults the behavior from several members who should know better is really surprising. Have you ever considered the possibility that this kind of behavior directed towards someone who may be struggling with personal problems or be afflicted with something like Asperger's Syndrome could be extremely harmful and life changing for the victim and the victim's family?

Just so you all know I have also offered Gary some advice as to how he may better participate in the site as well. The fact of the matter is, the way that the Pope and others like Trip have acted towards Gary Titone is offensive. It will not be tolerated here. I would stand up for anyone who was targeted in this way. No one should be the victim of aggressive and unkind messages on this site. There is no place for it at all.

There are plenty of other places for that kind of childish behavior on the internet. If that's your idea of a good time please feel free to spend your time at those locations.

Let's concentrate on the big picture. This is a place to share the things we like and the things we have in common. A peaceful place to spend time in an enjoyable manner.

I hope everyone understands this message. I don't like having to spend time doing this sort of thing but it is necessary.

I don't go to the DZW site, so thanx for posting this polydigm. I agree it should be required reading for anyone with an opinion about DZ.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:54 am 

I joined DZW when it fired up but, besides the serious cracks in my psyche that started to show from trying to maintain coherent personas on multiple forums (and here I have to tip a reluctant hat to those fractured individuals who manage to do so with some success, but for which purpose I still question), I found it to be a big confusing muddle where messages got bounced and rehashed for no good reason at all and there didn't seem to be any kind of central meeting/conversation place. I'm not a big one for discussing the latest music/concert/tour date/album release ephemera but I like to have the handy option of keeping abreast of such developments that just doesn't seem to be readily available there. I don't blame DZ, unless he wrote the software, but I just can't be bothered.

Besides I've already established myself as a smart-ass dilettante right here. :mrgreen:

Miasma!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:46 pm 

Sam I Am wrote:
I joined DZW when it fired up but, besides the serious cracks in my psyche that started to show from trying to maintain coherent personas on multiple forums (and here I have to tip a reluctant hat to those fractured individuals who manage to do so with some success, but for which purpose I still question), I found it to be a big confusing muddle where messages got bounced and rehashed for no good reason at all and there didn't seem to be any kind of central meeting/conversation place. I'm not a big one for discussing the latest music/concert/tour date/album release ephemera but I like to have the handy option of keeping abreast of such developments that just doesn't seem to be readily available there. I don't blame DZ, unless he wrote the software, but I just can't be bothered.

Besides I've already established myself as a smart-ass dilettante right here. :mrgreen:

As DZ would say, go with what you know :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l1H3RLAgdg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:37 pm 

Let he who is without misconstrued post be the first too judge... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:

WTF?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:24 am 

KillUgly2 wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

WTF?

I'm guessing the implication that someone here is a spoiled emo crybaby.
But it can't be me. It's not! It's not! It's not! It's not! It's not!

Miasma!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:

I like the vocals, but the guitar part sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
A strange thought crossed my mind earlier this morning. What if Tit One is Frank's illegitimate son? Then Dweezil would be standing up for his doofus big brother. I don't believe it for a minute, but I just thought it would be fun to put it out there.

Ha! This truly is fun! :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:20 pm 

dove_grey wrote:
You can't even say "damn" or "hell" over there, bizarre.

Damn it to hell! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:22 pm 

polydigm wrote:
I'm not sure about DZW, I think the forum setup is hilarious. I started a thread there early in 2010 about whether Dweezil should play his own music as a part of ZPZ concerts. Titone waded in and chastised me for changing my mind, which is basically what I thought well adjusted people allow themselves to do when they realise they're being a bit blinkered and really don't give a toss in the first place. Not Titone of course, he's going down with the ship whatever the cost. Then Dweezil waded in and made a bit of an arse of himself because he failed to read all of my posts and tried to put me down for not liking his music, which is arrogant to start with, but then failed to note that I actually do like his music.

Then the stupid forum software reprints the original thread post at the top of every new page as the thread grows, making it look like you just posted it and so then more people wade in and the conversation goes round in circles. Then the thread dies. Then, a year later, someone discovers the thread and because the first post is sitting there at the top of newest page, some twit jumps in and tells us to get over it. Next thing you know there's a new page and there it is again, my first post. So I thought fuck it, I'll see if deleting that post gets rid of it at the top of the new page and hey presto the whole thread got deleted. I hadn't laughed so much in a long, long time, I was close needing medical attention. So yeah, byzantine is one word for it. But I did Dweezil a favour there as well, I guess.

Sincere apologies, Polydigm - but I find this story very amusing! :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Why apologies? I doubt anyone could laugh about it as much as I did.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:29 pm 

polydigm wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Why apologies? I doubt anyone could laugh about it as much as I did.

Oh, I suppose I was half-joking about it. So perhaps remove the "sincere" part - ha! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:53 pm 

I thought it was pretty funny, considering I'd been frustrated by some of the very same things.

My sincere apology is in the mail.

Miasma!