Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: making RELEASES happen!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:47 am
Posts: 13
Minding Mam. Zappa about Releases.
I believe the cost of retrieve audio from old tapes its a risk umbearable, tha CAn be done with a wing and a prayer IF: -Not to be suported exclusively by Zappa Family Trust. secondly even due to devotion it could be profitable to build a church out of world wide Zappa Cult e can imagine it would be atainable step-by-step first of all realeasing a fund colect to "dig" a especific tape from the vault that tape would be one elected by vote from a www list of "possibly recoverable" tapes, some like order on demand thing.
That way, Zappa lagacy will meet the request of www fans truly devoted feeding the: we'r only in it for the money thing, all interest taken in account!

Zappalives!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 498
WHAA?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2480
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
Thank you for your input. Somebody will reply as soon as we figure out what the fuck you're talking about...

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5907
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
zappanoia wrote:
Minding Mam. Zappa about Releases.
With all due respect to Gail, let's get down to business about the vault tapes.
zappanoia wrote:
I believe the cost of retrieve audio from old tapes its a risk umbearable, tha CAn be done with a wing and a prayer IF: -Not to be suported exclusively by Zappa Family Trust.
The vault tape retrieval thing is too expensive for the ZFT alone.
zappanoia wrote:
secondly even due to devotion it could be profitable to build a church out of world wide Zappa Cult e can imagine it would be atainable step-by-step first of all realeasing a fund colect to "dig" a especific tape from the vault that tape would be one elected by vote from a www list of "possibly recoverable" tapes, some like order on demand thing.
Let's recover a specific tape from the vault based on a vote from devoted fans willing to come up with the money.
zappanoia wrote:
That way, Zappa lagacy will meet the request of www fans truly devoted feeding the: we'r only in it for the money thing, all interest taken in account!
Hey presto, everyone's happy.
zappanoia wrote:
Zappalives!
Music is the best.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Poly, you should get a gig with the UN. They always need translators!

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5907
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Hey, Tweezers, I've had about 5 years experience in high schools teaching kids for whom English is their first language and about 10 years in foundation studies teaching international students getting ready for university for whom English is at least their second language. I'm not sure which was harder on average in the translating stakes but I'm one of the fairest exam markers you'll ever meet.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3148
Location: Chicago, IL
HA! Thanks for the translation Poly! :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 1654
Location: The Dangerous Kitchener
I got the gist of that but was distracted by the slightly familiar sentence (un)structure causing me to wonder if this was another incarnation of one of our Pratchett disciples.

_________________
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - HST

Miasma!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
polydigm wrote:
Hey, Tweezers, I've had about 5 years experience in high schools teaching kids for whom English is their first language and about 10 years in foundation studies teaching international students getting ready for university for whom English is at least their second language. I'm not sure which was harder on average in the translating stakes but I'm one of the fairest exam markers you'll ever meet.


I wish I had multi-lingual skills Poly, I learned French in HS and could read Hugo or Saint-Exupery (gone now as I pass age 58). I always enjoy your imput in this forrum.

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3515
I dunno why the ZFT always gets peoples hope up. They've averaged 2 FZ a year for years now, right? Multi-disc sets, yea, but still 2, maybe 3 if yr lucky. That should suffice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4688
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Sam I Am wrote:
I got the gist of that but was distracted by the slightly familiar sentence (un)structure causing me to wonder if this was another incarnation of one of our Pratchett disciples.


And I thought it was Cleon, in an positive mood after a holiday in South America.

_________________
Well, he posts his posts most every day
But Chalk Full O' Nuthin'
Is what he's got to say


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18749
Location: Somewhere in time
Good one Poly, I laughed a good hearty laugh after reading that...spot on... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13622
Location: Billy, the mountain...
Instant forum classic 8) Way to go, Dr. Multidigm...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5907
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Hey Tweezers, I'm still stuck in the one dimension of English when it comes to languages. I have a very rudimentary knowledge of French and learned enough Latin and Greek at school to give me a deeper insight into English, but that's it. I have had a lot of painful practice deciphering busted English though.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
It is funny to me how little I, as an American, have been motivated to learn other languages. The English-as-the-only language mantra here results in less well-rounded individuals.

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3148
Location: Chicago, IL
Well said Tweezers! I've tried my best learning French (to the greater extent of the 3), Spanish and Italian and feel at this point in the game that I know English very well and a deformed, bastard child of those other languages which we shall call Franishian. :wink: :oops:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Wow, Penguin for President when the Franishians rule the World! :shock: 8)

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3148
Location: Chicago, IL
tweezers wrote:
Wow, Penguin for President when the Franishians rule the World! :shock: 8)


Ha! Maybe on Frunobulax.... :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
The Poodle must speake some language or other...

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3148
Location: Chicago, IL
tweezers wrote:
The Poodle must speake some language or other...


I can only guess it'd be French! :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
:P

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18488
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Well said Tweezers! I've tried my best learning French (to the greater extent of the 3), Spanish and Italian and feel at this point in the game that I know English very well and a deformed, bastard child of those other languages which we shall call Franishian. :wink: :oops:

You be good! After 2 years of Spanish, I was advised to give it up! :|

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13622
Location: Billy, the mountain...
just plain doug wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Well said Tweezers! I've tried my best learning French (to the greater extent of the 3), Spanish and Italian and feel at this point in the game that I know English very well and a deformed, bastard child of those other languages which we shall call Franishian. :wink: :oops:

You be good! After 2 years of Spanish, I was advised to give it up! :|

Worst teacher ever... He/she failed you and herself...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:40 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9243
Location: EINDHOVEN
'Course they could try a Kickstart fundraiser... digital album for 15$, physical copy for 30$, name in the booklet for $100, tour of the vault for $10,000...

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3148
Location: Chicago, IL
BBP wrote:
'Course they could try a Kickstart fundraiser... digital album for 15$, physical copy for 30$, name in the booklet for $100, tour of the vault for $10,000...


I'll take one of each of the first 2 options. Wait, what release is this for? :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group