Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:40 am 

It would be nice if CDs where released. Frank loved the Capital in Passaic NJ, some of his best concert where there. Maybe there are tapes?

Tino 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:33 am 

teak wrote:
It would be nice if CDs where released. Frank loved the Capital in Passaic NJ, some of his best concert where there. Maybe there are tapes?

There are no tapes, the vault is a hoax and so let's move on...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:35 pm 

Hoax or not, which was started by Frank himself ( iseen it in the magazine devoted to Frank). There must ve recordings from Passaic. Out side NYC, in an interview he said he taped NYC and Passaic concerts. The Capital was excellent. Sadly it is a shirt store now. Blashemy!!!!

Tino 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:37 pm 

Frank Zappa 1973-05-09 Capitol Theatre Passaic
1974 11 08 (E) Passaic NJ 115.32 AUD MC ‎
1972 10 31 (L) Passaic NJ 102.57 Aud
1973 05 09 Capitol Theatre Passaic NJ 188.58 AUD

Plenty of stuff out there ... http://www.zappateers.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:13 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:01 am 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:
teak wrote:

Not likely ... there are hundreds of suggestions and folks that saw more ... and I'm aware of one concert warm up that the viewer said was magnificent, and it had no lyrics and you got to experience the band non stop during sound check, and it was better than the material that the "star" did later on the stage!

And according to the source, it was recorded.

If this is so, the "names" and different movements and such in some of these could cause an index issue, but then ... so what ... 30 versions of King Kong, and each better than the other ... heck, at one time I had 17 versions of Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother piece, and they were all magnificent ... but you could tell that the band liked experimenting at the time! I think Frank did too, and probably used those moments to try something different that would be hard to do onstage with an audience ...

But I'm not sure that the trust is really wanting to take care of this ... I think the volume is insane ... and they have no idea what to name it or what it is ... but the real issue might be the fickle rock guitar fans ... more than anything else ... because if they hear something like Manuel Gottsching, they are gonna bitch because it is not DinnaMoePoop!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:05 am 

Moshkito wrote:
AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:
teak wrote:

Not likely ... there are hundreds of suggestions and folks that saw more ... and I'm aware of one concert warm up that the viewer said was magnificent, and it had no lyrics and you got to experience the band non stop during sound check, and it was better than the material that the "star" did later on the stage!

And according to the source, it was recorded.

If this is so, the "names" and different movements and such in some of these could cause an index issue, but then ... so what ... 30 versions of King Kong, and each better than the other ... heck, at one time I had 17 versions of Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother piece, and they were all magnificent ... but you could tell that the band liked experimenting at the time! I think Frank did too, and probably used those moments to try something different that would be hard to do onstage with an audience ...

But I'm not sure that the trust is really wanting to take care of this ... I think the volume is insane ... and they have no idea what to name it or what it is ... but the real issue might be the fickle rock guitar fans ... more than anything else ... because if they hear something like Manuel Gottsching, they are gonna bitch because it is not DinnaMoePoop!

Holy jumping fucking dog shit, you are a rambling buffoon!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm 

+1. Beware of the Mosh Pit. You may get something stinky on your shoes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:36 am 

teak wrote:

Tino 8)

hope you have seen the newly found video recording from 78? (new for me anyway?) the whole concert is on youtube and yes you are correct its an amazing concert...