Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:00 am 

cleon wrote:
It was in 1964 paper saying FZ was 24 so late december 1964 :|
Back too what year The Mothers name came about.In the Viva Zappa book there is a pic page 69 got FZ Paris 10th year celebration he got his 74 boots on maybe he still had them 1976,though he did not go too Paris 1975 only 1974/1976 so what I saying is maybe the viva photo maybe 1976 because of first album 1966 :?

Now that cleared up everything quite nice.The butler in the kitchen with a knife,right? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:49 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
cleon wrote:
It was in 1964 paper saying FZ was 24 so late december 1964 :|
Back too what year The Mothers name came about.In the Viva Zappa book there is a pic page 69 got FZ Paris 10th year celebration he got his 74 boots on maybe he still had them 1976,though he did not go too Paris 1975 only 1974/1976 so what I saying is maybe the viva photo maybe 1976 because of first album 1966 :?

Now that cleared up everything quite nice.The butler in the kitchen with a knife,right? :mrgreen:

Mother in the bed with a bunch of flowers :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:30 am 

LMAO! :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:59 pm 

FZ was doing 10th anniversary 1974
"Frank Zappa's tenth anniversary party in this ludicrous Paris nightclub"
http://home.online.no/~corneliu/Murray.htm
it must be since owning studio Z :D

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:42 am 

ZappaArf wrote:
I did actually get my name in "The MOFO Project/Object" CD but I was very disappointed with how it was done. If it's that kinda thing I probably won't go for it.

Curious, it took me less than five seconds to Ctrl+F your name at this page :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:44 pm 

Maroual wrote:
ZappaArf wrote:
I did actually get my name in "The MOFO Project/Object" CD but I was very disappointed with how it was done. If it's that kinda thing I probably won't go for it.

Curious, it took me less than five seconds to Ctrl+F your name at this page :wink:

Lol... Cool.... I didn't know that page existed!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:32 am 

Gail: And we're still waiting...still waiting...still waiting...still waiting...still waiting...still waiting...

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:22 am 

just plain doug wrote:
More likely, it's this...

"Hello Boys & Girls,

About 10 Years Ago, shortly after Al Gore invented the internet, we here at UMRK, where we feel it is our duty . decided to announce plans for the Roxy Performances to be unleashed at last on a wholly suspecting public and others besides. What We Knew Then compared to What We Know Now about what is possible is something completely different. I could romanticize and say that over here at the Other Side of the Miracle of Time & Space there is nothing stopping us but the Movie Monster. Every Monster Movie has at least one. Our Movie Monster is THE BUDGET.

Because of the condition the condition was in - no synch, no idea what was what, no idea of the actual coverage, no idea of the quality; all the et ceterae that caused FZ to abandon the project completely - it took all this time (if you include all the other priorities and distractions) to get to this point, so near and yet so far: All of the footage has now been transferred on a best light basis into HD and all camera angles have been "synched" by eye and heart and hand and edit to the original Nagra tapes. We now need to identify all usable camera angles and begin the actual edit. Still, we have miles to go in order to bring the best of the possibilities to a screen near you. And we need your help.

We still have a few wrinkles but our irons are hot and the details of our plan for the next Official Release is bundled in a unique opportunity to participate in a special, social experiment designed to open lots of doors for all Artists and their fans everywhere. Participate and You'll be First. First with your own copy of a Soundtrack to The Roxy Performances. First with your name credited in The Roxy Performances, The Movie. And there are more Firsts. Stay Tuned.

But first, a word from our sponsors. We'll be back with all the relevant details right after the other Mothers' Day.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

gz"
where this text come from?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:16 pm 

ZutboF wrote:
where this text come from?

E-mail from Zappa.com