Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:44 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Thanx PIB,I wish they'd play out here.I'd go.Who else would like to see The GrandMothers in a town near you?

Yeah, I agree! I figgered you'd be there. The Meet n Greet was just them standing around in the bar, but it was fun talkin to Seahag and NMB.
And howz about that newz that Ruth would be on their next tour! (There was someone else too, but I can't think of who right now...)
No Ronnys though, WTF! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:49 pm 

Yeah I know!! Where the fuck was I? Home asleep. After clearing my schedule at the last minute so I could go, I got a stomach bug that's been going around and felt too crappy to make it. DAMNDAMNDAMN!!! Lost $20 too.....

Ruth Underwood? OMG. :D

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:54 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Thanx PIB,I wish they'd play out here.I'd go.Who else would like to see The GrandMothers in a town near you?

Yeah, I agree! I figgered you'd be there. The Meet n Greet was just them standing around in the bar, but it was fun talkin to Seahag and NMB.
And howz about that newz that Ruth would be on their next tour! (There was someone else too, but I can't think of who right now...)

There are no guarantees, but if the numbers are there, they had talked of Ruth, George Duke and Bruce Fowler all joining in.
Damn - you should've said HEY! :wink:
I didn't pay for the meet'n'greet but spent a good hour after the show chatting with the guys...

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:30 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
ZutboF wrote:
I dont know about Dweezil if he understand Frank music, but for sure he put alot of work to learn this stuff & i am very proud of what he did so far. For NMB i have seen a couple of videos of him in ZPZ & he was singing out of tune, maybe he had bad sound stage & couldnt hear his voice.

may 10th soon i hope its a good one 8)

Singing out of tune? Yeah, I'd definitely say if you heard that, that he wasn't able to hear his voice or something because correct pitch has never been a problem for NMB. He's a phenom singer/performer/woodwind player... Take a look/listen at the ZPZ DVD sometime.
Listening it right now 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:29 pm 

:D
PenguinInBondage wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

There are no guarantees, but if the numbers are there, they had talked of Ruth, George Duke and Bruce Fowler all joining in.
Damn - you should've said HEY! :wink:
I didn't pay for the meet'n'greet but spent a good hour after the show chatting with the guys...

I can't imagine missing a show like that! Wow RU & AB & GD & NMB & more!!! They gotta get closer!!! Sooooon!!!!! I'd pay the same as DZpZ and see them twice too! Just like I do now with DZpZ & PP up north,out here! The ZFT should have No Fear of losing money either way as I always see DZpZ if they get within 300 miles anyway.Hey sometimes I even go to LA for a DZpZ fix.But I'd love to see the Grand Mothers closer too!! I'm gonna start emailing some of the promoters,they gotsta play out here! I'd love that show! :D :D

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I can't imagine missing a show like that! Wow RU & AB & GD & NMB & more!!! They gotta get closer!!! Sooooon!!!!! I'd pay the same as DZpZ and see them twice too! Just like I do now with DZpZ & PP up north,out here! The ZFT should have No Fear of losing money either way as I always see DZpZ if they get within 300 miles anyway.Hey sometimes I even go to LA for a DZpZ fix.But I'd love to see the Grand Mothers closer too!! I'm gonna start emailing some of the promoters,they gotsta play out here! I'd love that show! :D :D

Yeah, and if you or someone you know is on Facebook, you could always write the band directly on there requesting for dates out West. It'd certainly work out for Napi, Tom and Don!

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:07 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Yeah, and if you or someone you know is on Facebook, you could always write the band directly on there requesting for dates out West. It'd certainly work out for Napi, Tom and Don!

I'll do that.Thanx PIB.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:14 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I can't imagine missing a show like that! Wow RU & AB

I think you meant BF
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
& GD & NMB & more!!! They gotta get closer!!! Sooooon!!!!! I'd pay the same as DZpZ and see them twice too! Just like I do now with DZpZ & PP up north,out here! The ZFT should have No Fear of losing money either way as I always see DZpZ if they get within 300 miles anyway.Hey sometimes I even go to LA for a DZpZ fix.But I'd love to see the Grand Mothers closer too!! I'm gonna start emailing some of the promoters,they gotsta play out here! I'd love that show! :D :D

I remember NMB saying that the Summer Tour would be short, but would hit at least LA, Chicago and NY. So, I guess you can get ready for a trip to LA! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:06 am 

I remember NMB saying that the Summer Tour would be short, but would hit at least LA, Chicago and NY. So, I guess you can get ready for a trip to LA! :lol:

Oh yeah, that's right - he talked about "select dates". Logistically, I thought it odd that they would bother with Chicago in the middle but I wasn't one to argue! :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm 

Plook wrote:
cleon wrote:
Bet he wish that was Photoshop :evil:

I knew I had read somewhere it was a violent crime, so I was not exaggerating the crime. I'm sorry but no matter how much I like a performer, I can not condone a person who has done this to a women. It is a total breach as a human being and inexcusable, I would have to see a lot of contrition on his part before I will be able to enjoy his performance again. It is probably a good thing he is no longer with ZPZ and I may have not went to that first concert if I had known this.

:smoke:

He was first of the Bus Manchester 2006 slimy bastard he seemed not just say it i thought it then and i had a gut felling before now it is coming clearly :?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:08 pm 

That sounds great! Thanx manx (RK) I've got a bag ready to go,so someone let me know when.In case y'all think I know when it is or something,I don't! I hope they can get to SF.I've started emailing the alumni,(on fecesbook) and some of the local promoters asking when they will play and there's a whole lotta people who want to see the Grand Mothers,FZ alumni ect.They should be able to make some money at it too! I also thanked the ones that promoted the DZpZ shows for their continued support of all things MOI/Zappa.So we shall see,thanx guys! 8)

EDIT: Is Don Preston on this tour also?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:21 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Yep, so in theory, the Summer Tour would be:
DP, NMB, T Fowler, B Fowler, Ruth, Duke, Chris Garcia (drummer / Beefheart singing) and either Seahag or Miroslav Tadic

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:08 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

DP, NMB, T Fowler, B Fowler, Ruth, Duke, Chris Garcia (drummer / Beefheart singing) and either Seahag or Miroslav Tadic

Summer US tour :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:55 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Thanx manx,I gotta see this show if it gets close enough and yes I'll go to LA to see them,no problemo. Unless they play closer! How come no RW & IW with this lineup? I thought all these guys toured together or is PP out west and P/O back east? RW has family in the SF bay area,so does NMB (SJ-not Reseda) so maybe a date closer than LA? I hope so! If anyone hears of a date in Northern California,please let me know!

Yeah,I know cleon,NMB is a nonce and me so young and pretty too! :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6