Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:57 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Hey Plook and Mr. Green Genes - my brother says I should watch this...
http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo ... tary_FULL/
Whadayathink?

I will try to watch it later, thanks, but I would like to know your opinion. I have already made up my mind (more constructive discussion is always welcome), so it would be fun to see what a skeptic on the subject might think of this particular doc.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:15 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Hey Plook and Mr. Green Genes - my brother says I should watch this...
http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo ... tary_FULL/
Whadayathink?

I will try to watch it later, thanks, but I would like to know your opinion. I have already made up my mind (more constructive discussion is always welcome), so it would be fun to see what a skeptic on the subject might think of this particular doc.

I will also take a look it it when I get a chance and a better internet connection...

I am currently on an Ancient Alien frenzy, which has me checking into the few scientists who are doing research. I have been checking out the work of Thomas Brophy an Astrophysists with a PHD on the megaliths of the Nabta Playa in the Nubian Desert, archeologist date it to up to 6200 BC, he has it over 10,000 BC and believes that it lays out the Milky Way Galaxy and where the Earth is place with in the Galaxy. This is a relatively new site and it is producing amazing finds.

I am currently reading Christopher Dunn and Aerospace Engineer and Master Machinist for over 50 years, who has been studying temples and statues in Egypt and finds that they are manufactured with a level of degree of precision that rival modern computerized machining. He has proven that many of the items he has study are machined to 10,000 of an inch and if he could bring in more refined measuring tools he believes the tolerances are greater than that.

He has also discovered what he identifies as machine marks on various items through out the kingdom. As well as under and over cuts that would be normally found when using high speed tools.

Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt
Advance Engineering in the Temples of the Pharaohs

Christopher Dunn

Amazingly well written, easy read for a very technical treatment, it’s a page turner.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:41 am 

Okay Mr GG (and Plook if you're interested); I just watched the first part of this. Leaving aside the annoying cutting, I'll tell you what I thought and give you arguments for and against this particular sighting being a genuine extraterrestrial visitation. I'm not doubting so much the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects; but I tend to think that is just what they are i.e. not aliens from another world.
The first 15 minutes or so deals with the Rendlesham Forest incident from 1980.

The Plus points are necessarily kept shorter than the minus points as the film itself explains them.

Plus points...
1. Lots of witnesses of something (around 60)
2. Articulate witness (Halt)
3. Photo of indentations of a craft on the ground
4. Radiation readings
5. Halt's recording of the first part of what he saw.
6. Radar readings.
7. The drawings of a triangular craft would appear to jibe with the photo of the indentations.

Negative points...
1. At the second sighting, Halt sends everybody away, so only a select few get to see anything really interesting.
2. Halt appears to be coming from the Christmas party and it is not beyond the beyond to suggest he might have had something to drink - in fact the film even suggests this.
3. The photo of the indentations on the ground would appear to indicate a craft that was pretty tiny. Interestingly, no comparison was made between the size of the craft from the sighting from which the first guy made the drawings and the photo of the indentations.
4. Frustratingly, either they didn't air the recordings made by Halt when it got really interesting, or he didn't have his tape recorder on. [edit I'm sorry, they do but only a little bit]
5. The radar readings would appear to indicate one craft, yet Halt at least describes seeing a number.
6. The drawing of the craft itself looks pretty 80s standard sci-fi. Have you ever noticed how the trends in craft design have changed so that they fit into current trends in sci-fi films? In the 50s, it's all Earth vs Flying Saucers designs and in the 80s, it's Buck Rogers in the 21st Century. Also Halt describes the craft as being elliptical rather than triangular. Perhaps he was more of a fan of the 50s movies and that influenced him in what he saw.
7. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever was presented that this was an object of extraterrestrial origin. I am perfectly prepared to work on the assumption that they couldn't identify what they saw, although making it up for money or attention is not beyond the realms of possibility. However, the only evidence in this direction was that it appeared to have "hieroglyphics" (they looked more like geometric forms to me) on it. How do we know this wasn't some Soviet secret object spying on the site? Or even a British project, which would explain the lack of interest on the part of the British authorities. On the balance of probabilities, I would consider the latter explanation more likely than alien visitors, for which the film at least, provides no substantial evidence at all.

But what do you think?
If you like, I'll watch the next incident and give you my view.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:10 pm 

Caputh you are right in the Jacques Vallee wheel house with your questions, you should read "Dimensions", also a much better put together documentary that includes this "event' is "I Know What I Saw". Its 2 hours but the payoff is the Military, pilot, and Astronauts who show up towards the end.

Also when the Brits did the big document dump a while ago, investigators found what was not in the files concerning the Halt sighting more interesting than what was in the files. There are certain documents that are generated at Military bases revolving around any manner of day to day events and certainly certain documents should have been a result of this type of base activity. A whole host of A typical paperwork can not be found concerning the going on’s of those evenings.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:40 pm 

Caputh, this doc, like many other recent ones from mainstream media are but disclosure measures to prepare mass population to the overture of knowledge about conscious life outside Earth.

A top secret Russian vehicle on a US base in the UK would cause an heck of an international incident, don't you think?

Given our earthboundness it is hard to 'proof' [though not impossible] that a vehicle is from outside Earth, but lack of reasonable explanation for thousands of cases worldwide throughout History calls for new ideas to be explored. There is nothing special about our corner of the universe. Life is abundant and concious throughout the cosmos. That is what i feel...

check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoUyur4tEHA

Addendum:
There is a comment on this vid I tend to agree:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKHqx3y7-mk

"despite the substance of this case and multiple witnesses of the highest professional caliber and who have little to gain but everything to lose, there are still those who disbelieve and try to discredit dis-info mis-info this case and the courageous individuals who have come forward to let the world know. "

I strongly recommend you or anyone seriously curious about this topic to read this book, it is not going to say they are here, but you can make up your mind in the end:

UFO Files
by David Clarke
The inside story of real-life sightings
Category: The National Archives books
Format: Paperback
Date of publication: 09 September 2009
Publisher: The National Archives
ISBN: 9781905615506

What does all this stuff about flying saucers amount to? What can it mean? What is the truth?’
Winston Churchill, Prime Minister’s Personal Minute, 28 July, 1952

The UFO Files reveals extraordinary reports by ordinary people along with details of official interest and investigations stretching back to before the First World War – for although the terms UFO and Flying Saucer were not coined until the middle of the twentieth century, people have long seen things in the sky that they could not explain.

David Clarke uncovers an array of startling stories from possible UFO reports hidden among Met Office investigations of aerial phenomena in the 1920s to the conclusions of Project Condign, the hush-hush British Intelligence UFO study completed in 2000. As well as covering Roswell and Britain’s own Rendlesham Forest mystery, Clarke raids the records for dramatic stories of abductions and close encounters, ghost aircraft and crop circles, and UFO reports by civilian aircrew and military personnel. Dramatic witness statements and interviews – many undertaken by the author himself – combine with rarely seen photographs, drawings and newly available documents to offer a unique guide to one of our most intriguing mysteries.

Contents: Introduction; 1. Strange Lights in the Skies; 2. The Flying Saucer Age; 3. Cold War UFOs; 4. Close Encounters; 5. Crop Circles and Alien Abductions; 6. Turn of the Century UFOs; Afterword.

David Clarke is Senior Lecturer in Journalism at Sheffield Hallam University. He has a long-standing interest in UFOs and other aerial phenomena, and has worked with the National Archives in promoting UFO material recently released by the Ministry of Defence. He is an experienced journalist, contributing to the Yorkshire Post and other newspapers and magazines including BBC History, as well as acting as researcher and consultant to a range of radio and television productions. He is the author of The Angel of Mons (2004).

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:24 am 

Watched the first clip Mr GG - thanx for that. Let me first stress - I'm not doubting there isn't intelligent life out there in space; it seems statistically highly improbable that there isn't. I just haven't seen anything yet that convinces me they would go to the trouble of climbing into craft and crossing space to visit us.
Now, putting my sceptic's hat on, I would be interested to know
a) the method whereby they deciphered this binary code
b) what percentage of the "message" was complete and utter garbage
c) how long the "message" was
d) the statistical probability of the word "planetary" turning up in a "translation" of somebody just randomly writing 0 and 1 a lot.
e) why some of the words that are "translated" are incomplete (indicated by the square brackets)
f) how come the aliens seem to be using latitude and longitude; surely they'd have their own coordinating (probably the wrong word) method.
I thought the two witnesses seemed like honest and open people. The guy talking about the island was just wildly speculating, I thought.
Hope you don't find this too nit-picking.
BTW the video my brother posted was on the same channel and had the same commentator as your clip; watch it, I'm sure you'll find it interesting. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:01 am 

I want to believe...

Once you are truly confronted with the unknown, you accept you just don't know...

Find the nearest hotspot on your area, plan yourself a summer trip and make your own night watches. It is not guarantee you will see strange lights in the sky, but at least you will have a good time under the starry sky:

http://www.ufoinfo.com/onthisday/hotspots/europer.html

Experience is the best teacher.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:13 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I want to believe...

Once you are truly confronted with the unknown, you accept you just don't know...

Find the nearest hotspot on your area, plan yourself a summer trip and make your own night watches. It is not guarantee you will see strange lights in the sky, but at least you will have a good time under the starry sky:

http://www.ufoinfo.com/onthisday/hotspots/europer.html

Experience is the best teacher.

That last sentence is a lovely thought...
I'll do my best to read your recommended book in th esummer hols.... :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:20 am 

Hey, Caputh check this mass sighting that happened here last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hS1rUcZtdk

This one is hard to debunk...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 am 

Hi! Does the reporter at the beginning say anything about the size of the object? You can't tell from the film how big the object is. My Portugese is, unfortunately, non-existent.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:50 am 

Caputh wrote:
Hi! Does the reporter at the beginning say anything about the size of the object? You can't tell from the film how big the object is. My Portugese is, unfortunately, non-existent.

I believe he said "Fucking huge"...great video, multiple angels make a difference in validity of the sighting, good catch Mr.GG!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:16 pm 

Good video of flying lights in the sky, Mr GG.

It's an unidentified flying object. I've never understood how we take the leap from that to aliens from another world.

It looks similar to what they have been seeing lately near my hometown...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Ez4VL5-NY&w=420&h=315

...but no one has a decent video of it.

I've seen several orbs there myself, but they are just unexplained objects. It's fun to speculate, but it could just as easily be a natural phenomena, or interdimensional activity, or even creatures from the future. All that is easier to believe than mechanical travel over light years by relatively weak human-like other world animals, even with the worm-hole theories.

But, I've said it before. Give me clear video and a press conference with the alien beings, and I might start to think that folks from another world are actually here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:53 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

I found this, which claims to debunk it.
What do you think?

http://www.examiner.com/article/spinnin ... ness-video

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:14 pm 

Newer stuff is easily faked, that is why we need look no further than the 3 shots the Brazilian Navy got in '58, the 2 shots in Oregon '50, and the 2 shots in Santa Ana '65. These photos have been gone over thoroughly and their authenticity is not in doubt they are objects approximately 30 feet in diameter that are circular and under controlled flight. When these were shot neither the US nor any other country had this technology and if it was a secret project the technology by now would have made it to the public domain.

Also the Roswell crash with an alien crew is by now without a doubt a historical fact over 300 hundred witness's mostly military have testified to their first hand knowledge many were deathbed confessions, why would these people bother to bring up these events so many years later with their last dying breath if it were not truth. Most recently a Colonial at the time of the event, recently with his lawyer put together a notarized declaration that was not opened until after his death so as not to compromise his oath not to reveal the event, confirmed nearly ever aspect of this event.

As I have said before my Father revealed his personal knowledge of the event in the late 70's after seeing it on TV and feeling that is was now public he could speak on the subject. He was an Army Air Force Radar Operator in the Southwest and stationed at Wright Patterson after the war. He said he knew for a fact that the US Military had captured (3) Flying Saucers including the Roswell object and had them at Wright Patterson. I never new the man to be dishonest or lie in my life, when he died in 1980 his funeral was attended by hundreds and all mention his honesty and integrity.

For me it’s a done deal, if my Dad said he new that the US capture Flying Saucers and was holding them in Dayton, you can take it to the bank.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:09 pm 

From YouTube...

UFO ORB AND ALIEN CLOUD MORPHING AT MUMS 8-2-12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mbsbKQXhmw

Best UFO Sightings Of February 2012, AFO
http://youtu.be/J2hcBl-RRNk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:11 am 

Caputh wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

I found this, which claims to debunk it.
What do you think?

http://www.examiner.com/article/spinnin ... ness-video

I'd believe it, if they show me the kite (i.e. is there a video of such kite?).

I think this guy should compete in the kite Olympics.

If that was a kite, the Phoenix lights were military flares... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:44 am 

The basic problem for me is (as so often)
a) The UFO is videoed with no other objects to indicate size i.e. on a black background - I also find that nearly all the videos zoom in and out of focus, weirdly; I don't do the same, even with my own camera - and I'm not exactly Stanley Kubrick...
b) The lack of any concrete evidence that the UFO came from another planet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:49 pm 

Let's not forget that the military-industial complex is always in need of an enemy, and an attack from "outer-space aliens" would be very profitable for them, while possibly also wiping out millions of useless eaters.

(This theory is way more plausble than any I've heard).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:21 pm 

What are they, I am not sure, could well be alien vehicles from another planet (or even dimension), could be something else. You can try to understand it, or you can, more comfortably, ignore it. Fact is: UFOs are phenomena beyond mundane explanations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFO_sightings

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:05 pm 

I do agree that mysterious unexplained flying objects exist.

It's probably the number one most fascinating phenomena that is witnessed by human beings, and I do think it should be taken more seriously.

But because the authorites do not take it very seriously, and are always coming up with lame scenarios to explain them, I tend to believe that government machinery is what most of them are...secret machines.

Either that, or something natural to this Earth and its vicinity, not something from light-years away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm 

I tend to respond to the idea of UFOs the way I do to time travel. If it existed, eventually, over enough time, there would no longer be any way to hide it. If in some point in the distant future, man were to create the ability to travel back in time, it would eventually happen so often that everyone in the past would know about it because eventually many time travel excursions would occur, and it would no longer be possible to deny the possibility. Since no one as yet been able to prove they have traveled through time, either it is not possible, or humanity will die off long before we achieve this particular feat. Same with UFOs. After enough saturation, eventually it would be impossible to "cover up" and we would all know about it. Since, after all this time, belief and "proof" is still relegated to the "fanatics" I have a hard time accepting the fact we have made contact. Sure, I completely believe that there IS life out there, but the universe is so incredibly enormous, and life so rare and short in comparison to the existence of reality as a whole, that the chances of life on two distant planets making contact is virtually nil.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:43 pm 

Aliens (Are Only Us From The Future)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kEUIjLcYn8

Squackett - Chris Squire & Steve Hackett 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:56 pm 

duchamp wrote:
I tend to respond to the idea of UFOs the way I do to time travel. If it existed, eventually, over enough time, there would no longer be any way to hide it. If in some point in the distant future, man were to create the ability to travel back in time, it would eventually happen so often that everyone in the past would know about it because eventually many time travel excursions would occur, and it would no longer be possible to deny the possibility. Since no one as yet been able to prove they have traveled through time, either it is not possible, or humanity will die off long before we achieve this particular feat. Same with UFOs. After enough saturation, eventually it would be impossible to "cover up" and we would all know about it. Since, after all this time, belief and "proof" is still relegated to the "fanatics" I have a hard time accepting the fact we have made contact. Sure, I completely believe that there IS life out there, but the universe is so incredibly enormous, and life so rare and short in comparison to the existence of reality as a whole, that the chances of life on two distant planets making contact is virtually nil.

That’s exactly right and a lot of people are seeing them, also more and more government official are coming forward,

My Fathers first UFO encounter was during WWII, (this story he always told to trusted family and friends since he was not sworn to secrecy), he was stationed on a small island in Fiji with two others Radar Operators. They were always under threat of being killed or captured by the Japanese, one day a formation of crafts showed up on the radar, they were all experts and new this was no known craft of either the Axis or Allied powers. When it appeared they would fly overhead they went out side and watched what he called an echelon formation of flying saucers come over them.

My Father always said that if the Radar Operator was good that they could never be fooled by weather inversion or known aircraft as the government always claimed, he could not believe that that many unqualified operators were out their.

I have no idea from whence they come, but I do know that the Korean Air incident of the late seventies is a confirmed event with trained pilots and radar operators and they were in visual contact and radar contact (along with FAA radar and Military radar) for over an hour with a mile wide UFO. I think that eliminates anything from our neck of the woods.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:57 am 

Former representative of US government, Henry McELroy's public statement claiming he have read the so called "Eisenhower brief" documents, confirming the existence of extraterrestrials in USA for at least 50 years...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hef_kfN2RiU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next