Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 64  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Hollywood, CA
HEEEYYYYY!!

Anyway, why do black people pretty much only smoke menthol cigarettes? Don’t fat people know they shouldn’t wear horizontal stripes?

They never really explain how The Beaver got his nickname. Today, he's exploiting the water outage in the middle of summer by selling water to the other kids. Now they're all pissed at him.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
zappagirl wrote:
HEEEYYYYY!!

Anyway, why do black people pretty much only smoke menthol cigarettes? Don’t fat people know they shouldn’t wear horizontal stripes?

They never really explain how The Beaver got his nickname. Today, he's exploiting the water outage in the middle of summer by selling water to the other kids. Now they're all pissed at him.

Hey Zappagirl,how's life been treating you? Been to any good concerts lately? :D

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Hollywood, CA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
HEEEYYYYY!!

Anyway, why do black people pretty much only smoke menthol cigarettes? Don’t fat people know they shouldn’t wear horizontal stripes?

They never really explain how The Beaver got his nickname. Today, he's exploiting the water outage in the middle of summer by selling water to the other kids. Now they're all pissed at him.

Hey Zappagirl,how's life been treating you? Been to any good concerts lately? :D


Hey KK! Life has been very good for me, ty!

As a matter of fact, I have seen three really great concerts recently at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. It is a very cool and unique looking building from the outside (I’m lucky enough to get to stare at it out of my office window!), but it is by far the best sounding venue I have ever been to, incredible sound.

Image

First, we saw Trey Anastasio play with the LA Philharmonic. Great show and about a quarter of the way into the show, Trey commented that the Disney was the best sounding venue he’s ever played.

Then I saw Willie Nelson which was cool, I’ve never seen him before.

And the best was last – we saw Paco De Lucia. If you’ve never heard of him and have any interest in flamenco guitar, I highly, highly recommend checking him out. It was one of the best shows I’ve seen – ever. This is one of my favorite videos.

http://youtu.be/tQ388REt4Z8


What's new & exciting? :)

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Sorry I took so long to answer Zappagirl,I was watching a SF Giants game,they won! The look of the Disney place is trippy and I bet the sounds great! When professional musicians like it,you know its good.We get the same compliments at The Mondavi Center,here in Davis.This summer it seems alot of Brazilian percussionist,guitarist and composers are touring norte California en masse.
As for me I took off on a trekk,went to SF for a Giants game and ended up at Pescadero Beach watching the total eclipse of the sun and camping in the Santa Cruz Mtns under the coastal redwoods.It was most relaxing and fun.On the way back I went to SF, the lower Haight and got Vaporized.For real! There's a thread about it here somewhere.So in other words I've been having fun and it sounds like you are too.The only thing missing is some Zappa music,whether it's DZpZ or The Grandemothers or Pojama People or Mike or Adrian....yo Adrian! You listening? I hope we get some live Zappa music before the end of the year or I'm gonna pick up a guitar and get a cease and desist order from the ZFT,CIA,FBI,NBC and the BBC! :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5775
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
If former US president Abraham Lincoln were around today, those who are current members of his own party would label him a Socialist Communist with a Liberal agenda and an enemy of the free market system.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
If former US president Abraham Lincoln were around today, those who are current members of his own party would label him a Socialist Communist with a Liberal agenda and an enemy of the free market system.

and he'd be called the N word lover too! :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18925
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
If former US president Abraham Lincoln were around today, those who are current members of his own party would label him a Socialist Communist with a Liberal agenda and an enemy of the free market system.

and he'd be called the N word lover too! :wink:

No, he'd be called...

Image

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Hollywood, CA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Sorry I took so long to answer Zappagirl,I was watching a SF Giants game,they won! The look of the Disney place is trippy and I bet the sounds great! When professional musicians like it,you know its good.We get the same compliments at The Mondavi Center,here in Davis.This summer it seems alot of Brazilian percussionist,guitarist and composers are touring norte California en masse.
As for me I took off on a trekk,went to SF for a Giants game and ended up at Pescadero Beach watching the total eclipse of the sun and camping in the Santa Cruz Mtns under the coastal redwoods.It was most relaxing and fun.On the way back I went to SF, the lower Haight and got Vaporized.For real! There's a thread about it here somewhere.So in other words I've been having fun and it sounds like you are too.The only thing missing is some Zappa music,whether it's DZpZ or The Grandemothers or Pojama People or Mike or Adrian....yo Adrian! You listening? I hope we get some live Zappa music before the end of the year or I'm gonna pick up a guitar and get a cease and desist order from the ZFT,CIA,FBI,NBC and the BBC! :mrgreen:


That sounds awesome. :)

I love SF, I'll be back there in a couple of weeks.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
zappagirl wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Sorry I took so long to answer Zappagirl,I was watching a SF Giants game,they won! The look of the Disney place is trippy and I bet the sounds great! When professional musicians like it,you know its good.We get the same compliments at The Mondavi Center,here in Davis.This summer it seems alot of Brazilian percussionist,guitarist and composers are touring norte California en masse.
As for me I took off on a trekk,went to SF for a Giants game and ended up at Pescadero Beach watching the total eclipse of the sun and camping in the Santa Cruz Mtns under the coastal redwoods.It was most relaxing and fun.On the way back I went to SF, the lower Haight and got Vaporized.For real! There's a thread about it here somewhere.So in other words I've been having fun and it sounds like you are too.The only thing missing is some Zappa music,whether it's DZpZ or The Grandemothers or Pojama People or Mike or Adrian....yo Adrian! You listening? I hope we get some live Zappa music before the end of the year or I'm gonna pick up a guitar and get a cease and desist order from the ZFT,CIA,FBI,NBC and the BBC! :mrgreen:


That sounds awesome. :)

I love SF, I'll be back there in a couple of weeks.

Thats my city! ;) Would you,Zappagirl,like to catch a Giants game? Even though the Dodgers s***k,I'd make an exception for another Zappafreak! My treat,of course. :)

BTW.Anyone coming to SF is invited to a Giants game,so no one needs to be jealous. :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Somewhere in time
zappagirl wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Sorry I took so long to answer Zappagirl,I was watching a SF Giants game,they won! The look of the Disney place is trippy and I bet the sounds great! When professional musicians like it,you know its good.We get the same compliments at The Mondavi Center,here in Davis.This summer it seems alot of Brazilian percussionist,guitarist and composers are touring norte California en masse.
As for me I took off on a trekk,went to SF for a Giants game and ended up at Pescadero Beach watching the total eclipse of the sun and camping in the Santa Cruz Mtns under the coastal redwoods.It was most relaxing and fun.On the way back I went to SF, the lower Haight and got Vaporized.For real! There's a thread about it here somewhere.So in other words I've been having fun and it sounds like you are too.The only thing missing is some Zappa music,whether it's DZpZ or The Grandemothers or Pojama People or Mike or Adrian....yo Adrian! You listening? I hope we get some live Zappa music before the end of the year or I'm gonna pick up a guitar and get a cease and desist order from the ZFT,CIA,FBI,NBC and the BBC! :mrgreen:


That sounds awesome. :)

I love SF, I'll be back there in a couple of weeks.



Hey Z-Girl I'm down in your neck of the woods, I am staying at my daughters in Long Beach, theres no place like home... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Hollywood, CA
KK - Ha, wouldn't you know it, I just checked out the Giants schedule and they will be in LA playing the Angels when I'm there!




Plook - I was just down by Long Beach yesterday for my admin's baby shower.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
zappagirl wrote:
KK - Ha, wouldn't you know it, I just checked out the Giants schedule and they will be in LA playing the Angels when I'm there!




Plook - I was just down by Long Beach yesterday for my admin's baby shower.

Hey Zappagirl,maybe you and Plook could see show or concert. (he's safe,great fun and I know his wife :wink: )
When your up here in SF,and want to know where it's hip to go for food,fun,or entertainment,PM me and depending on where you are in SF,I'm sure I can suggest a fun place for you to enjoy music/comedy/theater or a great place to eat.SF is the cultural billabong of the world.When your thirsty for intellectual stimuli,you drink from our wealth of knowledge and wisdom that is San Francisco....The Golden Gate to the Golden State! The GG Bridge is 75 this year,the Presidio has an exibit that's well worth seeing and there's always something happening at FT.Mason or GG Park.Have fun and enjoy your stay!

(there's always The Vapor Room,on Haight,if your so inclined)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Somewhere in time
zappagirl wrote:
KK - Ha, wouldn't you know it, I just checked out the Giants schedule and they will be in LA playing the Angels when I'm there!




Plook - I was just down by Long Beach yesterday for my admin's baby shower.



You need to read my thread "Plook on Tour" I list where I will be and have a standing offer to treat for lunch or dinner, I have met up with some cool Zappa folk, I am here til tomorrow but may come back soon.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Hollywood, CA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
KK - Ha, wouldn't you know it, I just checked out the Giants schedule and they will be in LA playing the Angels when I'm there!




Plook - I was just down by Long Beach yesterday for my admin's baby shower.

Hey Zappagirl,maybe you and Plook could see show or concert. (he's safe,great fun and I know his wife :wink: )
When your up here in SF,and want to know where it's hip to go for food,fun,or entertainment,PM me and depending on where you are in SF,I'm sure I can suggest a fun place for you to enjoy music/comedy/theater or a great place to eat.SF is the cultural billabong of the world.When your thirsty for intellectual stimuli,you drink from our wealth of knowledge and wisdom that is San Francisco....The Golden Gate to the Golden State! The GG Bridge is 75 this year,the Presidio has an exibit that's well worth seeing and there's always something happening at FT.Mason or GG Park.Have fun and enjoy your stay!

(there's always The Vapor Room,on Haight,if your so inclined)


Oh, I AM inclinded! 8) Unfortunately, I am travelling with one of my employee's so probably best to keep some things secret. :mrgreen:

Also, unfortunately, I'm not going to have any time to get out of downtown this time. Work, work, work!!

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Hollywood, CA
Plook wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
KK - Ha, wouldn't you know it, I just checked out the Giants schedule and they will be in LA playing the Angels when I'm there!




Plook - I was just down by Long Beach yesterday for my admin's baby shower.



You need to read my thread "Plook on Tour" I list where I will be and have a standing offer to treat for lunch or dinner, I have met up with some cool Zappa folk, I am here til tomorrow but may come back soon.

:smoke:


I'll try to keep up! :D

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
If your downtown,check out The Warfield Theater on Market St. It's between the downtown entrance to BART and the Civic Center entrance.Only a few blocks from the downtown,financial district.That's where DZpZ usually plays when in SF,so do alot of other great acts!

You can also grab on to a cable car downtown and it'll bring you right back to where you boarded after some spectacular views/ scenery of the whole Bay Area!

Your also close to Chinatown & The Playboy Club.Lots to do anywhere in SF.Enjoy! :) LoL

If you want to play your bongos in the dirt,I hear (from a local sourceror) all the hippies moved over to the Mission District! :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Somewhere in time
zappagirl wrote:
Plook wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
KK - Ha, wouldn't you know it, I just checked out the Giants schedule and they will be in LA playing the Angels when I'm there!




Plook - I was just down by Long Beach yesterday for my admin's baby shower.



You need to read my thread "Plook on Tour" I list where I will be and have a standing offer to treat for lunch or dinner, I have met up with some cool Zappa folk, I am here til tomorrow but may come back soon.

:smoke:


I'll try to keep up! :D



The worst that could happen is you get a free lunch... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18925
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Plook wrote:
The worst that could happen is you get a free lunch... :smoke:

...and a little Salmonella Poisoning.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Somewhere in time
just plain doug wrote:
Plook wrote:
The worst that could happen is you get a free lunch... :smoke:

...and a little Salmonella Poisoning.



Place drum roll here...LMAO... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: re: stay a week
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9597
kapt.kiirk wrote:
...If you want to play your bongos in the dirt,I hear (from a local sourceror) all the hippies moved over to the Mission...
they call themselves hipsters these days, but yes, zg, bring those bongoes of yours down to the mission, we got quite a variety of ... dirt

stay a week

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15000
zappagirl wrote:
And the best was last – we saw Paco De Lucia. If you’ve never heard of him and have any interest in flamenco guitar, I highly, highly recommend checking him out. It was one of the best shows I’ve seen – ever. This is one of my favorite videos.

http://youtu.be/tQ388REt4Z8


What's new & exciting? :)



I saw the video of De Lucia with McLaughlin and Di Meola. Great great player. I tire of that music fast but it's obvious he's one of the best.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: re: stay a week
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Hollywood, CA
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
kapt.kiirk wrote:
...If you want to play your bongos in the dirt,I hear (from a local sourceror) all the hippies moved over to the Mission...
they call themselves hipsters these days, but yes, zg, bring those bongoes of yours down to the mission, we got quite a variety of ... dirt

stay a week


Will they let me take my bongoes as a carry-on?

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 1657
Location: The Dangerous Kitchener
Image

_________________
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - HST

Miasma!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18925
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Do you think Frank Zappa would endorse this product??


Image

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6098
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Why does an Entenmans Pound Cake weigh only 12 ounces?

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 64  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group