Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 57  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:19 pm 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Why does an Entenmans Pound Cake weigh only 12 ounces?

I give up...why does an Entenmans Pound Cake weigh only 12 ounces?..........D'oh! :mrgreen:

(How ya been Galoot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:35 pm 

That's not an asteroid...it's a giant ocarina!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:59 pm 

I saw the Stanley Cup today. Even though it wasn't my team, it was my city and still very exciting.

Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:20 am 

zappagirl wrote:
I saw the Stanley Cup today. Even though it wasn't my team, it was my city and still very exciting.

Yes there is nothing like a championship, its been good to be a Laker and Raider fan... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:24 pm 

...or a 49er's/Giants/Oakland Raiders fan. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:32 pm 

....or a Steelers/Penguins and even a long, long time ago Pirates fan. :)

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:16 pm 

zappagirl wrote:

As a kid in grades school,we'd get to see all the Pittsburg Pirates vs.SF.Giants* free during the summer.I got to see alot of the greats,Willie Mays,Bobby Bonds,Juan Marichal,Willie McCovey,Orlando Cepeda and on and on.Great players on both teams back then.I feel lucky,it was good times for sure.

*I'm to young to have seen them play as the New York Giants.Although several forum members swear they were at Ebbetts Field when the shot heard 'round the world was fired back in`54! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:24 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

As a kid in grades school,we'd get to see all the Pittsburg Pirates vs.SF.Giants* free during the summer.I got to see alot of the greats,Willie Mays,Bobby Bonds,Juan Marichal,Willie McCovey,Orlando Cepeda and on and on.Great players on both teams back then.I feel lucky,it was good times for sure.

*I'm to young to have seen them play as the New York Giants.Although several forum members swear they were at Ebbetts Field when the shot heard 'round the world was fired back in`54! :wink: :lol:

I used to love going to Three Rivers with my dad when I was a kid, I saw a lot of greats too, the Willie Stargell years. I remeber one time I got my picture taken with Chuck Tanner and the Pirate Parrot. I wish I had that photo now.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:41 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

I used to love going to Three Rivers with my dad when I was a kid, I saw a lot of greats too, the Willie Stargell years. I remeber one time I got my picture taken with Chuck Tanner and the Pirate Parrot. I wish I had that photo now.

I've always wanted to catch a game at Three Rivers Stadium.You must have stood up singing "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge I believe.I remember watching it on TV! Even the sport news was saying that Willie Stargell singlehandedly lifted the Pirates to the WS championship that year! Didn't they rally from like 3 games down to win 4 straight and thus the world series?
Pittsburg's alway's been a real big sports town.Not as good as The 49er's or Raiders (of course) but they've had some good teams in both football and baseball.Did you ever see the steel curtain in action? What year did they win the series with Stargell anyway I'm thinking '75'78.....somewhere in there?
thenoisydrum wrote:

Are you.... talkin' 'bout my sister 'n' me? We Are Family! Talkin' 'bout my sisters an' me! I forget the rest.LoL :mrgreen:

I wish I had any pix from back then Zappagirl.You must have looked cute as hell as a youngster with the Pirates Parrot.I'd have liked to see that,sounds very cute and cool to. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:30 am 

Yes, I remember We Are Family!! It was 1979! Oh yes, growing up in Pittsburgh in the 70s, I got to see lots of Steel Curtain!! My dad took me to lots of games and when we were in the Super Bowls, our house would be elaborately decorated in black & gold from top to bottom. As an adult, I got to meet a lot of those guys. We met Jack Ham at some crappy little auto parts store but we actually got to have a real conversation with him, unlike most of the others we met at some sort of Steelers convention where you pay lots of money to have them sign your stuff and take a picture with you.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:34 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
Yes, I remember We Are Family!! It was 1979! Oh yes, growing up in Pittsburgh in the 70s, I got to see lots of Steel Curtain!! My dad took me to lots of games and when we were in the Super Bowls, our house would be elaborately decorated in black & gold from top to bottom. As an adult, I got to meet a lot of those guys. We met Jack Ham at some crappy little auto parts store but we actually got to have a real conversation with him, unlike most of the others we met at some sort of Steelers convention where you pay lots of money to have them sign your stuff and take a picture with you.

We were lucky to be where we were back then.Although during the Steelers winning years,our Oakland Raiders suffered by bad ref calls.That's the only way the Steelers could beat us! :wink: :lol:
Then came the 80's and The 49er's were the team to beat.I will always have fond memories of the Steelers/Raiders rivalry. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:28 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

We were lucky to be where we were back then.Although during the Steelers winning years,our Oakland Raiders suffered by bad ref calls.That's the only way the Steelers could beat us! :wink: :lol:
Then came the 80's and The 49er's were the team to beat.I will always have fond memories of the Steelers/Raiders rivalry. 8)

They say the Raiders could have been in 9 more Super Bowls if it were not for bad calls, and when ESPN showed the Top 10 Football Finishes of all time the Raiders had (5) and (4) of those caused rule changes in the NFL...

:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:48 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

They say the Raiders could have been in 9 more Super Bowls if it were not for bad calls, and when ESPN showed the Top 10 Football Finishes of all time the Raiders had (5) and (4) of those caused rule changes in the NFL...

The old Raider rules! It seems they'd have a new one each year during the 70's.Madden could coach by the seat of his pants like no one else! Him and Snake made quite the pair!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:28 pm 

Who is tomtiddler1 and can they PM me every time they upload something wicked to youtube?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:33 pm 

thenoisydrum wrote:
Who is tomtiddler1 and can they PM me every time they upload something wicked to youtube?

I know the answers to most of that question. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:51 am 

I predict a higher frequency of Trance-Fusion playing in the next week in the world wide hardcore Zappa appreciator community, starting as of now...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:42 am 

Original Sauce Mint shower gel is great, it makes your balls feel like you've dangled them in a bucket of iced water

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:52 pm 

The Penn State Nittany Outlet has everything on sale...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:29 pm 

thenoisydrum wrote:
Original Sauce Mint shower gel is great, it makes your balls feel like you've dangled them in a bucket of iced water

My ex could do that with just a look! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:49 am 

I asked Sabby if she would like to go see the new Batman movie. Now she thinks I'm trying to get rid of her.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
I asked Sabby if she would like to go see the new Batman movie. Now she thinks I'm trying to get rid of her.

Love of new Bat or hate of old bat? Decisions,decisions...... :mrgreen:

We're rooting for you Sabbs! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:41 am 

I can't remember the last time I saw a hot air balloon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:08 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:

Saw one in Encinitis on Thursday, they fly there almost everyday, also in the wine country in Nor Cal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:13 pm 

Plook wrote:
thenoisydrum wrote:

Saw one in Encinitis on Thursday, they fly there almost everyday, also in the wine country in Nor Cal.

Is Encinitis an inflammation of the Encin?

Anyway, remember, there's always someone better than you. Except for the betterest person in the world.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 57  Next