Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:03 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZy7_sC3 ... re=related

At 4:10 someone starts singing What's the Ugliest Part of Your Body.

Also scenes of Lennon and Miles davis shooting hoops

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:46 pm 

Be more specific. He was at his best making fun of retards. Really upsets the later hippie fans.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:52 pm 

brainpang wrote:
Be more specific. He was at his best making fun of retards. Really upsets the later hippie fans.

Waddaya mean? :? The Meet The BeaTles fans vs.The Sgt.Peppers BeaTles fans?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:51 am 

John used to do "comical" impressions (verbal & physical) of mentally retarded people. Sometimes live on stage. It's pretty disturbing to watch, especially for the peace and love and PC folks out there to see their hero act so base. I doubt this was acceptable behaviour even in 1963.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:30 am 

brainpang wrote:
John used to do "comical" impressions (verbal & physical) of mentally retarded people. Sometimes live on stage. It's pretty disturbing to watch, especially for the peace and love and PC folks out there to see their hero act so base. I doubt this was acceptable behaviour even in 1963.

Interesting. Your's is the first complaint, about Lennon's mugging for the camera, I've come across.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:06 am 

just plain doug wrote:
brainpang wrote:

Interesting. Your's is the first complaint, about Lennon's mugging for the camera, I've come across.

I googled "john lennon making fun of retards" thinking nothing would come up, but quite a few people think so.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:32 am 

brainpang wrote:

be more specific? OK. There's someone singing What's The Ugliest Part of Your Body at 4:10. That was the intent of the post, nothing more. Just thought it was interesting that in a Lennon home movie, someone is singing Zappa songs.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:56 pm 

bugler wrote:
There's someone singing What's The Ugliest Part of Your Body at 4:10. That was the intent of the post, nothing more. Just thought it was interesting that in a Lennon home movie, someone is singing Zappa songs.
I don't think that has anything to do with Lennon, just the person who put the YouTube video together.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:28 pm 

polydigm wrote:
bugler wrote:
There's someone singing What's The Ugliest Part of Your Body at 4:10. That was the intent of the post, nothing more. Just thought it was interesting that in a Lennon home movie, someone is singing Zappa songs.
I don't think that has anything to do with Lennon, just the person who put the YouTube video together.

I'm pretty sure Lennon is singing the song.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:25 am 

There are home tapes of JL singing (snatches?) of Jelly Roll Gum Drop, too.

I first heard the Lennon Makes Fun of Retarded People thing from a friend speaking in defense of Yoko. That she made him a better man. Soon after I caught a doc (can't remember which one) and it was brought up with footage of JL circa '64 (in the Meet The Beatles nehru suit) doin' this whole spastic retard schtick live on stage....while the girls screamed with pleasure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 pm 

Well the sound track is a bit mixed. There's someone drumming at some point and the credits mention the name of a drummer so it's not exactly clear what the sound track is about. It's a pity there's to more information available.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:49 am 

I saw the thread title, and wanted to post what I thought the answer to the question was.

Answer: Yoko Ono

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:55 pm 

brainpang wrote:

Where do I find his *Retard Mugging* for the camera.He always said The BeaTles could only see the first rows where all the wheelchair people were.I'd get tired of dressing up in a monkee suit for the suits too,then only hear your real fans and only see the crips up front,ya know? We were all young and full of it once.I used to think the Polynesians had the right 'tude.If it comes out broken,do a little dance and send it back.Terrible now with being PC and all,but I've bever seen any crippled from birth Polynesians.Very healthy race of people....physically at least.In that respect modern science has weaked our genes,just as the Polynesians are getting our 'Help' now.Is it good for the whole of our species or does it weaken us as a whole? What would Steven Hawkins say to that I wonder? :|

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:15 am 

I have to agree with you, mein Kaptain. Not only do we keep them all alive and saddle their parents with responsibilities and unpayable bills that will bankrupt them eventually, we grant these mutants and culls the right to reproduce in too many cases. Also, I suspect Brainpang wasn't alive in 1963, or else too young to notice the world around him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:34 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
I have to agree with you, mein Kaptain. Not only do we keep them all alive and saddle their parents with responsibilities and unpayable bills that will bankrupt them eventually, we grant these mutants and culls the right to reproduce in too many cases. Also, I suspect Brainpang wasn't alive in 1963, or else too young to notice the world around him.

They're petitioning our charter schools to let everyone have availability of this choice open for kids that don't know they're there,anyway.It's dumbing us down when you can't even pay for you kids private education without having the government make you and the school take on kids that cannot be taught under regular conditions.Then all the expence of making it a legal access place taboot! I agree with the wheelchair access anywhere but not on private property lands and estates.They shouldn't put the burdon of one person's welfare over the whole.imho.I think brainpang might be a young republican looking to get a rise outta us.No more,no less. :|
When I was a kid we had a specail needs class that played with us at recess.It seemed to work,so what's so different now anyway? :roll: